2022 Elections Thread

News and events of the day
ap215

Re: 2022 Elections Thread

Post by ap215 »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:00 am Right now Congress is in a phase where whichever party gets control tries to enact its entire agenda, and the other party blocks it. The Republicans kept the filibuster to stop the Democratic agenda, while they finished taking over the Supreme Court. A surprising amount of Biden's agenda got through anyway. It didn't stop the media from blaming Biden for everything that went wrong anywhere on the planet.

Now, everything's about inflation, but no one explains its real causes. It's all Biden's fault, of course, or so they say. It's all buzzwords and dueling agendas. The Republicans probably will get control of Congress out of all their rabble rousing and blame shifting. BFD. The filibuster and the other stuff will be used to stall Republican bills too.

The current alignment is a recipe for paralysis, which might actually beat the current Republican agenda. I can't find much there, except for more provocation and grabby one-liners intended to distract everyone from their real goal. This is to pay off off the fat cats who have bankrolled all their efforts to negate the late 20th century achievements in putting America's inclusion policy where its rhetoric has always been.

It all guarantees more political violence and polarization in the short term. I see no hope whatsoever to avoid this. My hope is that eventually the country tires of it all and regresses to the mean.
Oh i'm with you big time Z when the GOP takes over & wherever there's going to be political violence etc THEN they'll be a wakeup call around the world & THEN they'll come to our side & say we should've avoid this & voted democrat in the first place this entire potential mess is going to be on them again.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ap215 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:51 am Bipartisanship Yeah i hear you Z that bothers me too there has been a trend of too much compromising in Congress for years.
“Compromise” to conservatives means “do as I say, or else.”

If you really wanna see them freak TF out, tell them the word “no,” or simply counter with a different idea.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ap215 »

carmenjonze wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 2:55 pm “Compromise” to conservatives means “do as I say, or else.”

If you really wanna see them freak TF out, tell them the word “no,” or simply counter with a different idea.
Yes 100%
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 11:00 am Right now Congress is in a phase where whichever party gets control tries to enact its entire agenda, and the other party blocks it. The Republicans kept the filibuster to stop the Democratic agenda, while they finished taking over the Supreme Court. A surprising amount of Biden's agenda got through anyway. It didn't stop the media from blaming Biden for everything that went wrong anywhere on the planet.

Now, everything's about inflation, but no one explains its real causes. It's all Biden's fault, of course, or so they say. It's all buzzwords and dueling agendas. The Republicans probably will get control of Congress out of all their rabble rousing and blame shifting. BFD. The filibuster and the other stuff will be used to stall Republican bills too.

The current alignment is a recipe for paralysis, which might actually beat the current Republican agenda. I can't find much there, except for more provocation and grabby one-liners intended to distract everyone from their real goal. This is to pay off off the fat cats who have bankrolled all their efforts to negate the late 20th century achievements in putting America's inclusion policy where its rhetoric has always been.

It all guarantees more political violence and polarization in the short term. I see no hope whatsoever to avoid this. My hope is that eventually the country tires of it all and regresses to the mean.
The current situation is much like the housing bubble that's taking shape, the values based on artificially induced inputs that come from outside agitation. Roe versus wade, deliberate inflation, meant to obscure to hide the longtime problems of poverty and concentrated wealth and power that are rapidly destroying what's left of the country, democracy. An issues bubble meant to keep people from addressing and solving problems and instead have to stew in them till they are destroyed and they destroy each other.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

How a secret meeting put Hakeem Jeffries on track to replace Pelosi

The race to succeed Speaker Nancy Pelosi as the leader of House Democrats may have been clinched at a meeting in the Capitol on Sept. 1.

That’s when House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn of South Carolina and Rep. Hakeem Jeffries of New York slipped back to Washington to connect in Clyburn’s office during the summer congressional recess at Jeffries’ request.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/0 ... i-00065078
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Motor City wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:51 pm The current situation is much like the housing bubble that's taking shape, the values based on artificially induced inputs that come from outside agitation. Roe versus wade, deliberate inflation, meant to obscure to hide the longtime problems of poverty and concentrated wealth and power that are rapidly destroying what's left of the country, democracy. An issues bubble meant to keep people from addressing and solving problems and instead have to stew in them till they are destroyed and they destroy each other.
Intentionally created scarcities. Boogymen under every bed. Keep the people fighting over scraps, or against imaginary enemies, thus dividing and conquering.

Yes, absolutely true that the window that defines left and right has been shifted rightward by an inspired media campaign that found a voice in drumpf's rantings which are practically right out of Mein Kampf. Obama was just on CSPAN giving a very partisan campaign speech in PA, and everything he said would have been the center 10 years ago. Now it's the left. The center thinks things like massive tax cuts for the rich and a rolling back of civil rights advances are a middle of the road policy.

I hate to be johnny one note around here, but I really do have no doubt that it stinks of an ace propaganda campaign paying off. It started after WWII with union busting and commie baiting, and it's gotten better at it since then. I've spent most of my life around information and information technology, and I see it very clearly. We who use this board typically don't see the same means of information that Joe Normal in the smaller cities sees. They've been systematically convinced that down is up and dark is light.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

I guess Rubio has a fake beating of his supporter or canvasser.

You cons NEVER tell the truth NEVER.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ap215

Post by ap215 »

Oh goodie look who's getting involved in our elections again asshole. *problem*

Russia reactivates its trolls and bots ahead of Tuesday’s by-elections

The Gab user who identifies herself as Nora Berka resurfaced in August after a year of silence on the social media platform, reposting a handful of posts with sharply conservative political themes before writing a series of original criticisms.

For the most part, the posts denigrated President Biden and other prominent Democrats, sometimes in obscene ways. They also deplored the use of taxpayer dollars to support Ukraine in its war against invading Russian forces, presenting Ukraine’s president as a caricature straight out of Russian propaganda.

https://acomtouch.com/russia-reactivate ... elections/
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Just saw this on DU, god damn you fucking cons make me SICK

Idaho vote by mail requires postage, does not indicate how much and a single stamp is
not enough. That's bullshit, but I wonder if the post office sends them through anyway? I'm going to find out.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Here are the 10 biggest donors in the midterm elections

Rich Americans spent big this midterm season to impact down-ballot races for their candidates of choice.

The 2022 midterm election cycle has seen a boom in spending in the lead-up to Election Day. Research group OpenSecrets estimates that federal election spending increased by nearly $2 billion compared to 2018.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying ... elections/
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Over 370 Republican Candidates Have Cast Doubt on the 2020 Election - NYT
Hundreds of Republican midterm candidates have questioned or spread misinformation about the 2020 election.

Together they represent a growing consensus in the Republican Party, and a potential threat to American democracy.
Kari Lake:
We had a fraudulent election, a corrupt election, and we have an illegitimate president sitting in the White House.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Sounds like one of those weak minded candidates Glenn votes for.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 9:13 am Sounds like one of those weak minded candidates Glenn votes for.
Sarah Palin clone. Except, she just has a much tolerable speaking voice.

:problem:

Her entire campaign is based on Trump won, national abortion ban with no exceptions, and like Ralph Norman and the rest of the extremist Glennfs follows around like a lost puppy, she's Trump-endorsed.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Trump's Stump Speech Includes Dozens of Lies, and every con here supports him.

Republicans sue to disqualify thousands of mail ballots in swing states

The lawsuits coincide with a systemic effort by GOP leaders to persuade voters to cast ballots in person, not absentee

By Amy Gardner and Emma Brown at the Washington Post

November 7, 2022 at 8:00 a.m. EST

https://www.washingtonpost.com/election ... tion=alert

"SNIP.......

Republican officials and candidates in at least three battleground states are pushing to disqualify thousands of mail ballots after urging their own supporters to vote on Election Day, in what critics are calling a concerted attempt at partisan voter suppression.

In Pennsylvania, the state Supreme Court has agreed with the Republican National Committee that election officials should not count ballots on which the voter neglected to put a date on the outer envelope — even in cases when the ballots arrive before Election Day. Thousands of ballots have been set aside as a result, enough to swing a close race.

In Michigan, Kristina Karamo, the Republican nominee for secretary of state, sued the top election official in Detroit last month, seeking to toss absentee ballots not cast in person with an ID, even though that runs contrary to state requirements. When asked in a recent court hearing, Karamo’s lawyer declined to say why the suit targets Detroit, a heavily Democratic, majority-Black city, and not the entire state.

And in Wisconsin, Republicans won a court ruling that will prevent some mail ballots from being counted when the required witness address is not complete.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Simple They follow The Karl Rove George Bush 2000 playbook to cheat & steal their way to win

Explainer-What happens if a candidate cries foul in U.S. midterm elections?

(Reuters) - Challenges to election results are not new in the United States. But former President Donald Trump and his allies took things to an extreme in 2020, falsely alleging widespread voter fraud and claiming the presidential contest was stolen.

This year, Trump-aligned candidates such as Kari Lake, the Republican nominee for governor in Arizona, and Doug Mastriano, the Republican nominee for governor in Pennsylvania, refuse to say whether they will accept the results of November's midterm elections, citing the same conspiracy theories about 2020. That has raised fears among election experts that 2022 will see a wave of baseless rejections of vote tallies.

https://www.aol.com/news/explainer-happ ... 51098.html
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Voters in Atlanta suburbs sue over unsent absentee ballots
Source: AP

MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) — Voters who never received absentee ballots because election officials in a suburban Atlanta county failed to mail them have filed a lawsuit seeking an emergency solution so they can still vote.

Election officials in Cobb County acknowledged Friday that the county failed to mail out more than 1,000 absentee ballots to voters who had requested them. County elections director Janine Eveler wrote in an email to the county election board that because of staff error, ballots were never created nor sent on two days last month, the lawsuit says.

As a result, 1,036 voters never received the ballots they requested. State election data shows that about 250 of them had voted in person during early voting. But many of those whose ballots weren't sent may not be able to vote if a court doesn't step in, the lawsuit says.

During the three weeks of early voting that precede Election Day, election officials are supposed to send out ballots within three days of receiving a request. Voters then have until 7 p.m. on Election Day to return their ballots.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA13PIEs

GOP engages in preventing the counting of ballots everywhere and not ONE of the stories is about DEMS trying to stop voting...gee, wonder why.

Credible links to credible stories DAY AFTER DAY of the gop trying to stop voting...and what do cons say? nothing, they fucking love it. :twisted: :twisted:

Republicans suing to block thousands of likely Democratic ballots from being counted in key states
https://www.rawstory.com/republican-vot ... 658610493/

'GOP officials and candidates have moved to stop mail ballots, which are disproportionately used by Democrats, from being counted in Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin while encouraging their own voters to show up in person at the polls, in what critics see as overt partisan voter suppression, reported the Washington Post.'
Last edited by Libertas on Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

The good news is, while the GOP is already claiming their elections are being stolen, the turnout for the side of freedom appears to be overwhelming.

Did everyone see the Desatan rally where he claims to be sent by god?

Did you also all see that all board cons would crawl across cut glass to get to the polls to vote for him? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

NEVER claim to be a xtian, NEVER you fuckers
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ap215

Post by ap215 »

I just wanna send a shoutout & special thanks to all the activists, poll workers, bloggers etc for their amazing hard work for the past year getting the word out for the midterms you all did such an amazing job whatever upset wins we get tomorrow night i would be more than pleased with the results & of course the work continues post midterms best of luck to Team Blue tomorrow night. 👍🙏
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ap215 wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:04 pm I just wanna send a shoutout & special thanks to all the activists, poll workers, bloggers etc for their amazing hard work for the past year getting the word out for the midterms you all did such an amazing job whatever upset wins we get tomorrow night i would be more than pleased with the results & of course the work continues post midterms best of luck to Team Blue tomorrow night. 👍🙏
:D :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

New Hampshire Republican’s candidate for senator says if the Republican doesn’t win the presidential election in 2024 he’ll vote to overturn it.

I don’t know who this person is, but I bet you the board cons will have no problem with it yet again.

And yet the race his neck and neck meaning half of America does not want a democracy or a republic for that matter.

What is wrong with you stupid fuckers.

REading more about Peter Thiel, who supports the worst of the gop. Real scumbag.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

It's not our fault crime is up & bad it's the GOP's fault they're never tough on crime. *problem*

How crime came to haunt the Democrats

With Election Day looming, Vice President Kamala Harris arrived in Manhattan last Thursday for a campaign stop few Democrats would have thought necessary over the summer, as Kathy Hochul, the incumbent governor of New York, opened a commanding lead over her Republican challenger, Rep. Lee Zeldin. In a season full of political uncertainties, at least her tenure in the governor’s mansion in Albany seemed secure.

But throughout the course of the fall that sense of security has withered, necessitating the vice president’s visit in the heavily Democratic state. Hochul is still favored to win, but the gubernatorial election was never supposed to be a source of anxiety for state or national Democrats, who had hoped that imperiled access to abortion rights would motivate voters across the country, perhaps even reversing the historical congressional midterm trend of the party in control of the White House losing seats on Capitol Hill.

https://www.aol.com/news/crime-came-hau ... 27152.html
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ap215 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:27 am It's not our fault crime is up & bad it's the GOP's fault they're never tough on crime. *problem*

How crime came to haunt the Democrats

With Election Day looming, Vice President Kamala Harris arrived in Manhattan last Thursday for a campaign stop few Democrats would have thought necessary over the summer, as Kathy Hochul, the incumbent governor of New York, opened a commanding lead over her Republican challenger, Rep. Lee Zeldin. In a season full of political uncertainties, at least her tenure in the governor’s mansion in Albany seemed secure.

But throughout the course of the fall that sense of security has withered, necessitating the vice president’s visit in the heavily Democratic state. Hochul is still favored to win, but the gubernatorial election was never supposed to be a source of anxiety for state or national Democrats, who had hoped that imperiled access to abortion rights would motivate voters across the country, perhaps even reversing the historical congressional midterm trend of the party in control of the White House losing seats on Capitol Hill.

https://www.aol.com/news/crime-came-hau ... 27152.html
Meh, negro crime is always a red herring with these GOP people.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ap215 »

Here Are The 11 States That Will Be Slow To Release Election Results

Don’t expect to learn the full results of the 2022 midterm elections on Tuesday night.

At least 11 states with highly competitive races will likely take 24 hours or more to report enough of their vote totals to declare winners. The races in Alaska, Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Maine, Michigan, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin include four marquee Senate races and 33 competitive House races.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/2022-mid ... s_politics
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Why are you cons supporting lawsuits that throw out mail in ballots on technicalities, you don’t want everybody to vote?