The Critical Race Theory/so-called Cancel Culture Thread

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: The Critical Race Theory/so-called Cancel Culture Thread

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:01 am The article did NOT agree with your assertions. But, like any good conservative, you lead with ideology, instead of letting the facts guide you. You pick and choose what agrees with your ideology, and ignore the rest.

What you asserted about the virus outdoors doesn't fit the facts. Trump's outdoor superspreader event proves it false. Hell, they even made everyone take tests, and it happened anyway.
Fact is the article was pretty well balanced. What it proved was that when you claim your opinions are facts, that is only half true. You only present facts that support your assertion and as we see, that’s not all the facts. That’s not the whole truth. That’s half truths. In other words, merely opinion.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:45 am I didn’t realize Lois Lerner potted a coup with the President….
She didn’t. She used the IRS as a political weapon.

Lib asked for someone who successfully ignored a legal congressional subpoena and I gave him a name. Of course she had help. The DOJ sat on its hands and did nothing to enforce the subpoena.

It’s good to have the DOJ run by a “wingman” of the administration and not a real AG.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:46 am Fact is the article was pretty well balanced.
Too vague. What was throwing up a random link without explanation meant to prove?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-woke-whi ... 42833.html
AOC’s ‘Woke’ Whine Is Why the Dems Can’t Stop Losing
Maybe Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez should have skipped the lecture, and just tweeted “OK, boomer.”

In case you missed it, AOC responded to James Carville’s blaming “stupid wokeness” for Democratic electoral losses and clapped back by saying wokeness “is a term almost exclusively used by older people these days,” adding that “the average audience for people seriously using the word ‘woke’ in a 2021 political discussion are James Carville and Fox News pundits[,] so that should tell you all you need to know.”

Rather than confronting Carville’s actual argument—that left-wing political correctness is turning off a lot of Americans and hurting Democrats at the ballot box—she’s smearing him by association and suggesting he’s out of touch with today’s youth.

Guess what? He is!

But Carville is in touch with the broader electorate, which is not representative of AOC’s New York district.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:52 am She didn’t.
It’s not comparable.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:04 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-woke-whi ... 42833.html
:lol: what a stupid opinion piece. But I can certainly see why the old white conservative males and karens around here are drawn to it: it expresses your resentments against AOC the person and the people of her district.

Young, liberal, Brown, and Black. You guys are as primed for white replacement theory as your MAGA cousins. Instead of blaming your own cowardice and indifference in stopping your cousins, it’s a lot easier to just scapegoat “AOC” the cartoon character for Virginia. That also means it’s easy to ignore the Dem wins.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:52 am She didn’t. She used the IRS as a political weapon.

Lib asked for someone who successfully ignored a legal congressional subpoena and I gave him a name. Of course she had help. The DOJ sat on its hands and did nothing to enforce the subpoena.

It’s good to have the DOJ run by a “wingman” of the administration and not a real AG.
False equivalence as per usual.

And you want to cry about wingmen? See Bill Barr, who you never once had issue with.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:20 am False equivalence as per usual.

And you want to cry about wingmen? See Bill Barr, who you never once had issue with.
Both are ignoring legal congressional subpoenas.

Your reference to Bill Barr sounds like more of your selective double standard on “whataboutisms”.

Lib asked a question. I gave him an answer. Ignore it if you don’t like it. Matters not to me.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:32 am Lib asked a question. I gave him an answer.
Your answer is apples/oranges. Too bad if you don’t like it when we say so.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:32 am Both are ignoring legal congressional subpoenas.

Your reference to Bill Barr sounds like more of your selective double standard on “whataboutisms”.

Lib asked a question. I gave him an answer. Ignore it if you don’t like it. Matters not to me.
Man you're a child. And a projectionist.

"If you don't like it...." No, it's you who doesn't like it. Tough.

Bill Barr is perhaps the most corrupt AG in history. He was Trump's personal lawyer, and he buried the Mueller Investigation which cites 10 counts of obstruction of justice. But you don't give a shit. You totally ignored it.

You're the one that always plays a stupid both sides games. Then you always show you have no clue what's even going on.

Your comparison is like comparing jaywalking to murder.

It doesn't matter how low the Republican party goes, you will ignore it and claim ignorance, or put up some serious bullshit both sidism tripe.

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:45 am Man you're a child. And a projectionist.

Bill Barr is perhaps the most corrupt AG in history. He was Trump's personal lawyer, and he buried the Mueller Investigation which cites 10 counts of obstruction of justice. But you don't give a shit. You totally ignored it.

You're the one that always plays a stupid both sides games. Then you always show you have no clue what's even going on.

It doesn't matter how low the Republican party goes, you will ignore it and claim ignorance, or put up some serious bullshit both sidism tripe.
Lol he’ll cry both sides here, and then he’ll go vote for racists and bigots like Marsha Blackburn.

It fits. They represent him perfectly.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:48 am Lol he’ll cry both sides here, and then he’ll go vote for racists and bigots like Marsha Blackburn.

It fits. They represent him perfectly.
Yes. He paints reality this way to make himself feel better about who he votes for.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:45 am Man you're a child. And a projectionist.

I don’t ignore it. You are the one ignoring it. You ignore these things when it suits you and then complain when the same thing happens again on an issue you do care about. You are nothing but a patchwork of double standards.

I highly doubt it would matter to you what the underlying investigation is about. If it doesn’t benefit you politically then to you it’s jaywalking. That’s the problem with double standards. They really aren’t standards at all.

So don’t expect me to get all worked up because something doesn’t measure up to your standards. I doubt seriously you even know what they are.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:01 am I don’t ignore it. You are the one ignoring it. You ignore these things when it suits you and then complain when the same thing happens again on an issue you do care about. You are nothing but a patchwork of double standards.

I highly doubt it would matter to you what the underlying investigation is about. If it doesn’t benefit you politically then to you it’s jaywalking. That’s the problem with double standards. They really aren’t standards at all.

So don’t expect me to get all worked up because something doesn’t measure up to your standards. I doubt seriously you even know what they are.
^a Blackburn constituent lecturing someone else about lack of standards…

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:01 am I don’t ignore it. You are the one ignoring it. You ignore these things when it suits you and then complain when the same thing happens again on an issue you do care about. You are nothing but a patchwork of double standards.

False.

You're pushing a false equivalence, as I said. The Bannon case is about over throwing the government. But you just don't care so you try to paint a both side reality, like you always do.

This isn't about my political views. If a Democratic President attempted to overthrow the government with his team of coupsters, I'd want action. You just don't care and you're projecting.

You don't even understand the apples and oranges context.

Drak

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 am ^a Blackburn constituent lecturing someone else about lack of standards…
Exactly. Hilarious.

Drak

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:05 am ^a Blackburn constituent lecturing someone else about lack of standards…
This guy still thinks the Benghazi hearings were important even though the GOP admitted is was nothing but a political hit job.

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:04 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-woke-whi ... 42833.html
You post this garbage as Paul Gosar is threatening AOC with classic stochastic violence.

Paul Gosar, insurrectionist, is a WN. Nice job.

@RonFilipkowski
@RonFilipkowski

Paul Gosar’s sister last night pleaded with House leadership that “he must be stopped,” after his latest anime video showed him stabbing AOC with knives. She says he is showing his “sick fantasies” to his white nationalist groyper followers hoping they will act on them.

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/stat ... 83027?s=21

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:11 am This guy still thinks the Benghazi hearings were important even though the GOP admitted is was nothing but a political hit job.
Jesus God, these conservatives and their tapdancing minstrels are so corrupt.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:12 am You post this garbage as Paul Gosar is threatening AOC with classic stochastic violence.

Paul Gosar, insurrectionist, is a WN. Nice job.

@RonFilipkowski
@RonFilipkowski

Paul Gosar’s sister last night pleaded with House leadership that “he must be stopped,” after his latest anime video showed him stabbing AOC with knives. She says he is showing his “sick fantasies” to his white nationalist groyper followers hoping they will act on them.

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/ronfilipkowski/stat ... 83027?s=21
These are normal GOP politicians. Batcrap crazy, seditious and dangerous. And the local conservatives ignore and don't care.

Paul Gosar belongs no where near the Capital. He should be in a mental ward.

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:19 am These are normal GOP politicians. Batcrap crazy, seditious and dangerous. And the local conservatives ignore and don't care.

Paul Gosar belongs no where near the Capital. He should be in a mental ward.
I’m not even that sure he’s crazy, despite what the sister says. He’s a WN every bit as bad as Scalise, King, etc. I see his dangerousness to the republic as social instead of mental.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:46 am Fact is the article was pretty well balanced. What it proved was that when you claim your opinions are facts, that is only half true. You only present facts that support your assertion and as we see, that’s not all the facts. That’s not the whole truth. That’s half truths. In other words, merely opinion.
Yep, it was balanced. What it WASN'T, was proof of your assertions. If you're jogging, you're pretty safe. If you're at a football game at capacity, quite a bit LESS safe. 3 hours within inches of others. Let's just remember what happened at Trump's outdoor event.

And no, science is NOT opinion. Germ theory is NOT opinion.

But then I guess you think flat earth is "just opinion."

You really need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:06 am False.

You're pushing a false equivalence, as I said. The Bannon case is about over throwing the government. But you just don't care so you try to paint a both side reality, like you always do.

This isn't about my political views. If a Democratic President attempted to overthrow the government with his team of coupsters, I'd want action. You just don't care and you're projecting.

You don't even understand the apples and oranges context.
The difference is that I happen to think the DOJ should enforce all legal congressional subpoenas. I always have. I don’t ignore or dismiss the ones I don’t happen to like. It undermines congressional authority in future investigations.

So Drak, you reap what you sow. I would be more sympathetic to your argument if you were more serious about the law. But you are not. You are only serious about things when it fits your political ideology. I care. I just don’t care that you have an issue with it. Your sense of right and wrong changes like the weather.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 10:40 am Yep, it was balanced. What it WASN'T, was proof of your assertions. If you're jogging, you're pretty safe. If you're at a football game at capacity, quite a bit LESS safe. 3 hours within inches of others. Let's just remember what happened at Trump's outdoor event.

And no, science is NOT opinion. Germ theory is NOT opinion.

But then I guess you think flat earth is "just opinion."

You really need to learn the difference between fact and opinion.
I imagine the folks who believed in flat earth back in the day were as sure of their opinion/“facts” as you are.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

As conservatives wring their hands about so-called CRT and cancel culture and woke, this is what their cousins are doing on trial for Charlottesville.

Neo-Nazis Are Trying to Hijack the Unite the Right Trial and Turn It Into a Horrible Podcast - Vice
Last week when he questioned defendant Matthew Heimbach, head of the now-defunct neo-Nazi group Traditionalist Worker Party, he took it as an opportunity to riff with a like-minded individual about antisemitic memes, Nazi Germany, and more. “What’s your favorite Holocaust joke,” Cantwell asked Heimbach. There was a pause, and Heimbach laughed. Cantwell decided to withdraw the question.

The fact that Cantwell and Spencer appear to have rather long leashes in court, and routinely seem to amble well beyond the facts of the case when questioning witnesses or delivering testimony without reprimand, isn’t unusual given that they’re representing themselves, explained Brian Levin, who heads the Center for the Study of Hate and Extremism at California State University, San Bernardino. Judges tend to give pro se defendants a bit more flexibility.

“While it may seem, and often is, that the defendants are using their appearances to platform bigotry and troll the court, they do so at their own legal risk,” said Levin. “Key to legal representation is client control, and while ideology is admissible in the case, an exposition of it in a particularly offensive way is going to leave a jury with a bad taste in their mouth as they attempt to digest a lot of information. No lawyerwould advise them to discuss Holocaust jokes and other vile banter because it does nothing to help their defense.”

The trial is slated to last through November 19th, though there is some concern from both parties in the case about their ability to make their cases and give the jury sufficient time to deliberate in such a short period.

~ Ida B. Wells