Fire at Ukraine Nuke Plant

News and events of the day
gounion

Fire at Ukraine Nuke Plant

Post by gounion »

Well, looks like you're getting your wish, you damned Putin fans.

Wanna tell me again how he's a genius?

Via CNN:
Though reports of a fire at Ukraine's Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant are alarming, there's still a lot we don't know, nuclear weapons expert Jeffrey Lewis said Friday.

So far, radiation monitoring conditions — which were updated just a few minutes ago — look "normal," according to Lewis, director of the East Asia Nonproliferation Program at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies.

There are radiation detectors "all over the place," that would be able to pick up on any spikes in radiation, he said. "Reactors are big, sealed and concrete structures. They should not catch on fire. We don’t know what caused the fire."

Biggest fear: If a potential fire breaches the containment structure of the reactor, that's when it could get dangerous, Lewis said.

But there should be workers at the site 24/7, who could stop the reactor before the fire reached it, he added.
carmenjonze

Re: Fire at Ukraine Nuke Plant

Post by carmenjonze »

:( :evil:

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Nice to wake up and see that we didn't have a nuclear meltdown.

This is insane.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:39 am Nice to wake up and see that we didn't have a nuclear meltdown.

This is insane.
Too bad the GOP and Faux support the enemy and not America and the West. Amazing that what I just said is NOT an exaggeration.

In the past I exaggerated things from time to time to try to get people's attention to warn them of everything that has actually ended up happening that I did warn people of, and exaggeration is no longer necessary.
I sigh in your general direction.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrDj5XvZXX4

wonder if its effort to hasten Americas collapse from decades of attrition, corruption, inequality and self-sabotage.