The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
Libertas

The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by Libertas »

I stole the title from a DU thread...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ju ... entnewsntp

Judge Won’t Let Prosecutors Say Kyle Rittenhouse Killed ‘Victims,’ Will Allow Defense to Call Them ‘Looters’ and ‘Arsonists’ if Warranted
Now this is a judge who has historically made sure victims are treated like shit in his courtroom, but it will come in handy here. And it remains to be seen if he will allow the defense to denigrate the VICTIMS in this case.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by Drak »

This fix is definitely in. This judge has no business presiding over this case. He should recuse due to his obvious bias and taint.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

I’d say the video of them trying to take away the gun will be a bigger problem than the fix.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:38 pm I’d say the video of them trying to take away the gun will be a bigger problem than the fix.
Conservative whites always expect to get away with their murder and their other crimes.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:52 pm Conservative whites always expect to get away with their murder and their other crimes.
This kid is the poster boy for the fascist movement the GOP embraces.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:38 pm I’d say the video of them trying to take away the gun will be a bigger problem than the fix.
Nah. The fix is definitely in as per the judge's rules on language. The victims are the ones on trial.

This white supremacist kid, who's part of a militia, came to another town armed and looking for trouble. There's video of him chasing people down the street. He's a murderer. Not a surprise that he's a hero to the right or that right wingers defend him.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:02 pm Nah. The fix is definitely in as per the judge's rules on language. The victims are the ones on trial.

This white supremacist kid, who's part of a militia, came to another town armed and looking for trouble. There's video of him chasing people down the street. He's a murderer. Not a surprise that he's a hero to the right or that right wingers defend him.
Of course they defend him, it is how you know they are rightwingers.

He came there to murder people who were protesting for the right of Black people to live. To these white cons the very IDEA that a Black person would insist they have the same rights as whites, makes their HEADS EXPLODE and I am not exaggerating. Stand clear of them when the subject comes up or you will get racist brains all over your new shirt.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:06 pm I stole the title from a DU thread...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/ju ... entnewsntp

Now this is a judge who has historically made sure victims are treated like shit in his courtroom, but it will come in handy here. And it remains to be seen if he will allow the defense to denigrate the VICTIMS in this case.
Libertas, the word victim is a highly loaded word. Unlike words like looters and arsonists where a looter is someone who steals and an arsonist is someone who lights a fire, a victim is always loaded and it cannot be unloaded, so in a court it cannot be used unless the victims were completely innocent of any actions of their own to complicate the situation.

What I'm getting at here is that the ruling by this judge is standard and normal for US jurisprudence. Anything else and this case could be overturned on appeal.

:|
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:59 pm This kid is the poster boy for the fascist movement the GOP embraces.
Plus, the Kenosha cops were in with him.

More classic white supremacism.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

sam lefthand wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:13 pm Libertas, the word victim is a highly loaded word. Unlike words like looters and arsonists where a looter is someone who steals and an arsonist is someone who lights a fire, a victim is always loaded and it cannot be unloaded, so in a court it cannot be used unless the victims were completely innocent of any actions of their own to complicate the situation.

What I'm getting at here is that the ruling by this judge is standard and normal for US jurisprudence. Anything else and this case could be overturned on appeal.

Where's the trial that they were looters and arsonists?

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:16 pm Where's the trial that they were looters and arsonists?
Kaching...
Drak

Post by Drak »

Are you allowed to just shoot arsonists and looters in the public streets, I mean, you know, if you're not a cop?

Drak

Post by Drak »

Is there a shoot on sight death sentence for arsonists and looters?

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:19 pm Are you allowed to just shoot arsonists and looters in the public streets, I mean, you know, if you're not a cop?
I am watching Rachel, evidently if you are a GOP member you can and should threaten and kill election officials.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:16 pm Where's the trial that they were looters and arsonists?
Based on what the judge said the defense will have to present some proof to him before making that claim.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:02 pm Nah. The fix is definitely in as per the judge's rules on language. The victims are the ones on trial.

There is also a video of him with gunshots fired, him running, being chased and the decedents trying to take his gun. It’s gonna be tough to convince all 12 jurors there wasn’t some level of self defense.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Interesting Twitter string from Will Brunch

Will Bunch Verified
@Will_Bunch
1h
Replying to
@Will_Bunch
2. Kenosha County (WI) Judge Bruce Schroeder first started getting noticed early in his 40-plus-year career on the bench. In 1987, he made headlines requiring AIDS tests for sex workers. Told he'd be challenged for violating civil liberties, Schroeder said, "I hope so."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct- ... story.html

Will Bunch
@Will_Bunch
1h
4. By 2006, Judge Schroeder had such a bad reputation for his outrageous style - and stiff sentences - that hundreds of defendants had requested a different judge, causing a massive backlog in Kenosha County courts

https://madison.com/news/local/hundreds ... urce=login

Will Bunch
@Will_Bunch
1h
5. Schroeder's highest profile case before Rittenhouse was in 2008, when a man was found guilty of murdering his wife with antifreeze and Schroeder doled out a life sentence. But he botched it. An appeals court tossed the conviction: Schroeder made an evidentiary mistake

https://www.wisn.com/article/kyle-ritte ... r/38070134

Will Bunch
@Will_Bunch
1h
7. But Schroeder's callous cruelty didn't change. Just this year, the appeals court overturned the judge for "public shaming" of a 28-year-old woman convicted of retail theft. He'd ruled the woman couldn't enter a store without telling management about her criminal past

https://www.kenoshanews.com/news/local/ ... a8d2c.html

Will Bunch
@Will_Bunch
1h
9. And today's bizarre "victims" ruling was not the first time Schroeder's handling of Rittenhouse killings -- with the eyes of the nation on the case -- have drawn fire. In February, protesters were calling for the judge's removal from the case, because of his lenient bail terms

https://www.wisn.com/article/protesters ... d/35495439

Will Bunch
@Will_Bunch
1h
11. Let this sink in: America is a powderkeg right now, reeling from an insurrection at the Capitol and amped up violent threats against government officials and even school boards. Armed vigilantes like Rittenhouse on the streets of Kenosha were Exhibit A, and his support...

Will Bunch
@Will_Bunch
1h
12. ...from the American Right shows a movement willing to celebrate violence. Into the powderkeg, the dysfunctional U.S. justice system has tossed a massive stink bomb: One of the worst judges in the nation

Will Bunch
@Will_Bunch
1h
13. I would plead with the legal system in Wisconsin to use whatever means are available to remove Judge Schroeder -- and name an impartial, respected jurist. Failure in this case could have serious consequences, not just for Kenosha but for the nation - 30 -

Drak

Post by Drak »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:40 pm There is also a video of him with gunshots fired, him running, being chased and the decedents trying to take his gun. It’s gonna be tough to convince all 12 jurors there wasn’t some level of self defense.
You mean, after he had already killed someone?

And you miss the entire point of this thread regarding the judge.

sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

I don't understand that question.

The point I was making is for a looter showing that the person stole stuff is enough. Similarly for an arsonist and showing they lit a fire. But a victim is always a loaded word if the "victim" were at all involved in the actions which are the matters on trial.

If the defense can show one of them started a fire at that event then they are allowed to call that person an arsonist. If the defense can show one of them stole something at that event then they are allowed to call that person a looter. It is in the realm of possibility that the defense could show that so they are allowed that avenue if they can prove it and wish to.

However it is obvious that all of the "victims" were somehow involved in the actions of that event, therefore the prosecution is not allowed to use that loaded prejudicial word because it's not possible for the prosecution to show that the "victim" were innocent bystanders. They were involved, how can it be they were bystanders, because they were obviously not bystanders.

Its a part of US jurisprudence that the defense get's that kind of benefit of the doubt. The case has to be tried on the basis that the "victims" might have not been innocent bystanders. The defense is allowed to try to make a case that the so called "victims" were deserving of what they got, therefore the boy was justified in being there armed and shooting them.

If the judge does it this way and the prosecution does get a conviction, then the conviction will stick on appeal. Otherwise the case will be thrown out on appeal, and the judge will get yelled at.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Oh BIG SURPRISE the Woman this PRICK shamed per Drak post is Black

https://www.google.com/search?q=markea+ ... e&ie=UTF-8
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Drak wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:48 pm You mean, after he had already killed someone?

And you miss the entire point of this thread regarding the judge.

“At the first location, Rittenhouse was pursued by a group, a gunshot was fired into the air by a third party, and Kenosha resident Joseph Rosenbaum lunged at Rittenhouse and attempted to take his rifle. Rittenhouse then fired four times at Rosenbaum, who died shortly afterwards.[5][6] At the second location, Rittenhouse tripped while fleeing, a man kicked him, and Rittenhouse fired at the man twice but missed.[7][8] While still on the ground, protestors approached Rittenhouse, and Silver Lake resident Anthony Huber struck Rittenhouse with a skateboard and struggled for control of his rifle. Rittenhouse then fired at Huber once, killing him.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest_shooting

It’s on video. Gonna be tough to convince a jury.

And it’s been SOP for the judge for many, many years. He not treating this case any different.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 pm “At the first location, Rittenhouse was pursued by a group, a gunshot was fired into the air by a third party, and Kenosha resident Joseph Rosenbaum lunged at Rittenhouse and attempted to take his rifle. Rittenhouse then fired four times at Rosenbaum, who died shortly afterwards.[5][6] At the second location, Rittenhouse tripped while fleeing, a man kicked him, and Rittenhouse fired at the man twice but missed.[7][8] While still on the ground, protestors approached Rittenhouse, and Silver Lake resident Anthony Huber struck Rittenhouse with a skateboard and struggled for control of his rifle. Rittenhouse then fired at Huber once, killing him.”

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenosha_unrest_shooting

It’s on video. Gonna be tough to convince a jury.

And it’s been SOP for the judge for many, many years. He not treating this case any different.
White power.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Same Judge
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/17/us/kyle- ... index.html
According to prosecutors, they have since learned some of the people he posed with were in the "highest echelons" of the Wisconsin chapter of the Proud Boys....

...Kenosha County Judge Schroeder agreed with the defense, "For me to let that in as evidence for a motive that existed four months earlier? Can't see it."

... A separate motion involved recently discovered video, taken two weeks before the Kenosha shooting, which showed Rittenhouse talking about an AR rifle and wanting to shoot people he allegedly thought were looting a CVS store.

Prosecutors said the video shows that he "eagerly made assumptions about the intentions of others even though he knew absolutely nothing about what was going on. The video also demonstrates that the defendant fervently sought to insert himself as an armed vigilante into situations that had nothing to do with him," court documents allege...

...Schroeder said, "The events are so totally dissimilar," and that for now, "I'm going to withhold a final decision with a bias toward refusing."

Drak

Post by Drak »

This conservative judge acts like he's on the Rittenhouse defense team. He needs to be removed.

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/liv ... -at-trial/
Ruling against the government’s bid to introduce that evidence, the judge said he had “never heard” of the Proud Boys before being assigned the Rittenhouse case and was unsure if the Proud Boys themselves are either violent or a hate group. Assailing the government’s narrative and presentation of that evidence, Schroeder clarified that he would not rely “on a Seattle newspaper” to describe the group because there’s “so many groups” in the country....

Schroeder disputed that the “OK” symbol was racist and said he had also “never heard” of the hand sign being used in a racist context.

“The first time I saw it was on a can of Chef Boyardee,” the judge said.
This guy's a complete clown.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:00 am This conservative judge acts like he's on the Rittenhouse defense team. He needs to be removed.

https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/liv ... -at-trial/

This guy's a complete clown.
If you think this is bad, wait till the GOP refuses to certify elections they lose in red states and the case goes to a MAGA judge.

In all seriousness I want to know what the media and the patriots of this country are doing to prepare for this, because it is going to happen, as to which judges hear the cases remains to be seen, but they are not going to certify any election they control that they lose. They dont DARE because the traitor will be telling his 50 million idiots to not accept this. And the cons we deal with in real life including here will NOT do jackshit.

And I want to be wrong, that this wont happen, but we have to prepare for it because everything that has happened to this point tells us this is inevitable.

If a liberal went to a MAGA rally with a gun and did what Rittenhouse did, every con here and out there would be BESIDE THEMSLEVES WITH ANGER if any result other than life in prison results.

We MUST stop pretending ANYONE who defends Rittenhouse or trump or MAGA or GOP is anything but a FASCIST TRAITOR! They have guns, and they will use them.
Last edited by Libertas on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.