It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

GOP vs GOP Round 1

Papa John's Blames the NFL for Hurting Pizza Sales

Papa John’s International Inc. founder John Schnatter is going after NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, saying weak handling of the league’s national-anthem controversy has hammered sales of his pizza.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... -its-pizza

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, and Papa Schlong also said Obamacare/ACA would destroy his pizza business.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Papa John's Pizza,,, I question if it is pizza,,, it's something... . Hey guys what would you call it?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

Let's see, with conservatives it's always "let the market decide." Well, it appears the "market" has spoken and they just don't like Papa John's. Maybe they don't like the pizza, John Schnatter, or Peyton Manning hawking (he owns a lot of Papa John's franchises) Papa John's. Or, it could be all three.

I can honestly say I've never had a Papa John's pizza so I can't whether their pizza is any good. The only pizza I buy is from the food court at Costco and that is one good pizza.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

I confess I used to get Papa Schlong's pizza, until I realized what a douchebag he was. Honestly, I never felt the slogan about them having better pizza (among the chains) had any reality. It was edible and what I really liked was the cinnamon pull-aparts.

I really don't get chain pizza anymore. These days, I takeout pizza from locally owned Italian places, not the big pizza chains anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Papa John's, Papa Murphy's, they are all the same.

You wanna a really good pizza, might as well go to Italy.

About the only thing that sets a pizza joint apart from most other restaurants are the ovens.

If you cannot make an outstanding pizza with those ovens, then you ought not be in the business of making pizzas.

The Papa-pizza joints are no better than Dominoes or Little Caesars, and yet lower price over quality is the rule of the day with regard to such items, which means nobody should be surprised at the outcome: fascists are united in their goal of pursuing their lives as though it were a game of Monopoly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:04 pm 
Policy Wonk

Yee Hi!

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Haven't watched NFL in years and I it hasn't hurt me. Never had a Papa John's pizza either. I'll live without both of them.

Right. Go down there, if you got the nerve.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:39 am 
Board Emeritus

The above meme is a false quote.

That said, I won't be eating their pizza anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

You're right, Rita. Straight Dope claims the quote is authentic, but Snopes maintains the quote cannot be found. Snopes appears to be right.

https://www.snopes.com/papa-johns-ceo-quote/

He does claim he was misrepresented about ACA/Obamacare, too.

That Schnatter is a Republican who lives in massive mansion, those are demonstrable facts.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/bu ... r/1566364/

He said he supported Romney — he and his wife gave $120,800 to Romney and the Republican National Committee last year — because of his support for balancing the budget.

[snip][end]

These are definitely Papa John's words:

http://fortune.com/2017/01/30/papa-johns-ceo-germany/

“America in 2016 is on the path to becoming what Germany was in 1867,” Schnatter writes in his new book, Business Insider reports. Schnatter was reportedly referencing the year his great-grandfather immigrated to the United States. In a passage from the book, he says the land of his ancestors was “profoundly not a land of opportunity.”

“If you believed the wrong thing, the government attacked you. If you became successful, the government took your money,” he continues. “And if you dared go against the whims and will of society’s rulers, the government beheaded you.”

Schnatter said 2016 America reminded him of that time because of regulations placed on business.

“You’ve got to have free markets with limited government, with the proper amount of regulation where you don’t jam entrepreneurship,” the CEO told Business Insider.

Schnatter has been in the news before for criticizing government policy. In 2012, the CEO blasted the Affordable Care Act, saying it would be tough on franchise owners and employees at Papa John’s. Schnatter also donated to President Donald Trump’s campaign. He told Business Insider he believes the Trump administration should be given a chance.

[snip][end]

It's interesting. Is he talking about 1867 Germany or 1941 Germany?

Secondly, because America regulates its businesses, it is suddenly beheading people left and right?

He was a Romney, and more importantly, a Trump supporter. (Romney support is more forgivable.)

Sorry. Still calling him Papa Schlong.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:06 am 
Board Emeritus

You know the old saying, "if you don't like it, leave it." That's one business that I wish would move to Mexico.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:50 am 
Board Emeritus

Well now we have a culprit in the Papa John NFL Saga it was Jerry Jones.

NFL Could Force Jerry Jones To Forfeit Ownership?

Jerry Jones‘ stand against the NFL hasn’t abated in recent days, and the saga has reached enough of a boiling point that several other owners have discussed a “nuclear option” that would force Jones to forfeit the Cowboys franchise, a source tells Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk.

Jones may have also affected the business of the NFL and its sponsors, as owners reportedly believe Jones convinced Papa John’s owner CEO John Schnatter to blame the league for not only decreased ratings, but a downturn in Papa John’s sales. That Jones took “family business outside the family” could potentially push the NFL’s other owners to their breaking point, per Florio.

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/ ... -ownership

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well now we have a culprit in the Papa John NFL Saga it was Jerry Jones.

NFL Could Force Jerry Jones To Forfeit Ownership?

https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/ ... -ownership

What was the slogan for the Cowboys? "America's Team?"

LOL.

Never did like the Cowboys.

Here's to hoping that door hits Jerry Jones mighty hard in the ass on his way out.

I know where to start, too. Find those people he's sexually assaulted and get their stories out there for mass consumption.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Papa John's founder and CEO John Schnatter is stepping down as CEO of Papa John's International Inc. Shares of Papa John's is down 13% from the day before he made comments concerning NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem. Chief Operating Officer Steve Ritchie will replace Schnatter as CEO but Schnatter will remain as chairman of the board.

MSN

This should be a wake up call to CEOs and company owners to watch what you're saying because the market (consumers) will react in ways you didn't count on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

Buh Bye.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

Papa John's founder and CEO John Schnatter is stepping down as CEO of Papa John's International Inc. Shares of Papa John's is down 13% from the day before he made comments concerning NFL players kneeling during the National Anthem. Chief Operating Officer Steve Ritchie will replace Schnatter as CEO but Schnatter will remain as chairman of the board.

MSN

This should be a wake up call to CEOs and company owners to watch what you're saying because the market (consumers) will react in ways you didn't count on.

Yeah, like taking him for his word, he reported there was something wrong with his sales. It doesn't matter what it is, it affects sales, and as thus the value of his company.

His playing politics, assuming his pizza sales were actually fine, is expensive if it causes potential stock owners to pass his company and buy shares from a company who is reporting strong sales.

What could be harming his pizza sales is Trump. People who used to have football parties with pizzas may be not having them because they had one and their friends got to fighting about what Trump has been doing and they broke the couch and coffee table and stained the carpet, so now that person won't have his football party friends over anymore.

I bet that's the real deal with pizza sales being down on game nights. :|