Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Colin Kaepernick's collusion case against the NFL to go to trial

Former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick's allegation that league owners have colluded to deprive him of a job as punishment for his social justice efforts will be tried in court.

Kaepernick filed suit against the NFL under its collective bargaining agreement in October, and the arbitrator in the case announced Thursday that he'd declined the league's request that the case be dismissed. The move is a "huge blow to the NFL," Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson explained, as the league had "specifically requested" the summary judgment phase of the case "in hopes of a dismissal." Instead, the case will now proceed to trial.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/793449/co ... -nfl-trial

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's arbitration and the arbitrator is the one making the announcement. I have a feeling that what that arbitrator is calling a trial is not what I call a trial.

I was unable to get a clear picture from that article or from the article which had been its source about where that case is in terms of what kind of court, and what kind of court it's heading for.

This needs to be aired, this issue is larger than the NFL. I hope it gets to a real court, not some cheesy two bit kangaroo arbitration mock court. If it isn't going to a real court for trial I'm going to roll my eyes.