RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

I have Xbox Onex and am playing Forza 7 and Horizon 2.

I might get NASCAR next because most of the online racers are racist idiots who are fun to listen to.

F1 doesnt have much for this, too bad.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

I play The Incredible Machine 3 sometimes.

I also like Shawn the Sheep, Home Sheep Home and spin offs.

https://www.shaunthesheep.com/games/home-sheep-home

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

As gaming went console, it left me behind. My last console console was the Sega Genesis and that was a very long time ago. I also play games on a PC platform that doesn't always get first release on them. (If it gets major titles at all.)

This means I still mostly play the one genre that still seems viable on PCs, and even the PCs that are Macs. MMOs. I still play one that has some name recognition.

I'm leaving it at that.

I really like the first-person (non-MMO) RPGs (that are not "action RPGs" and involve actual role playing, at least as much of it as you can simulate on a computer), but ... well, Bioware doesn't seem to be making those anymore, but I liked them while they existed. Ah, Dragon Age. You were fun before the last iteration, which was fully consol-ized.

There is one called Pillars of Eternity I also play.

BTW, I had, and remember well, the original Pong, & the Atari 2600. I think, like some folks in my age cohort, I grew up on gaming, my life was marinated in it, and I haven't felt a need to stop. (I just hide it from my students. I do not want to be pestered by them. No I will not join their guild.) However, I don't read comic books anymore, I just watch the movies based on the characters. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:17 pm 
Board Emeritus

As gaming went console, it left me behind. My last console console was the Sega Genesis and that was a very long time ago. I also play games on a PC platform that doesn't always get first release on them. (If it gets major titles at all.)

This means I still mostly play the one genre that still seems viable on PCs, and even the PCs that are Macs. MMOs. I still play one that has some name recognition.

I'm leaving it at that.

I really like the first-person (non-MMO) RPGs (that are not "action RPGs" and involve actual role playing, at least as much of it as you can simulate on a computer), but ... well, Bioware doesn't seem to be making those anymore, but I liked them while they existed. Ah, Dragon Age. You were fun before the last iteration, which was fully consol-ized.

There is one called Pillars of Eternity I also play.

Looked up that Shaun game, cant find a free version online or on my phone, looks like fun.

The racing games are fun for me as I have the wheel and pedals and so on.

I did not play games for years, then one day I saw an interview of Matthew Perry and he talked about how he was addicted to video games, made me wonder if I was missing out.

I was.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Okay, I'm dating myself here but the only video games I play are on an original Playstation from the mid-90s. I know there's been a great deal of improvement in the graphics and speed but I'm comfortable playing the old Duke Nukem games.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

Okay, I'm dating myself here but the only video games I play are on an original Playstation from the mid-90s. I know there's been a great deal of improvement in the graphics and speed but I'm comfortable playing the old Duke Nukem games.

Get a new player, you will be very glad you did.

I had PS3 and now a 4k Xbox. WOW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

If I have time, I still play WoW (world of warcraft). To my wife's chagrin, I restarted playing over summer break, and now my son is hooked too...

-P

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 4:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

If I have time, I still play WoW (world of warcraft). To my wife's chagrin, I restarted playing over summer break, and now my son is hooked too...

-P

My son is addicted to Madden game. on his phone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

Looked up that Shaun game, cant find a free version online or on my phone, looks like fun.

The racing games are fun for me as I have the wheel and pedals and so on.

I did not play games for years, then one day I saw an interview of Matthew Perry and he talked about how he was addicted to video games, made me wonder if I was missing out.

I was.

I don't know about phones. I use a flip phone when I travel.

I own windows versions of the games I listed. But I seem to always play them on a Chromebook. I do that online.

Here at coolmath they have it. My son uses the site a lot and so far they've not buggered his computer, nor mine.

https://www.coolmathgames.com/0-home-sheep-home

You may have to tell your browser to allow the coolmath site to run flash. It's a flash game. I've done that. Didn't get monsters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

tx