RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:47 pm 
Board Emeritus

Finally some substantial information after a weekend of the same old headline.

This is a weird statement to publish from some guys who are supposed to be in on the fix, that they’re not racist or homophobic or Trump supporters. If it’s all a hoax, what would it matter?

Anyway, yeah, it’s not looking good for Jussie, rn.

Jussie Smollett Case: Clues Into Potential Motive Behind The Attack

Quote:
De Mar spoke on the phone exclusively with the Osundairo brothers Monday afternoon. In a joint statement, they said: “We are not racist. We are not homophobic and we are not anti-Trump. We were born and raised in Chicago and are American citizens.”

Smollett received a letter containing a white powder Jan. 22. The letter was mailed to Chicago’s Cinespace Studios, where the show “Empire” is filmed. The letter prompted a HAZMAT response. CPD says the “white substance” was later determined to be aspirin.

The letter that targeted Jussie Smollett, which was sent to the ‘Empire’ set. (Credit: ThatGrapeJuice.net)

The note was crafted with letters apparently cut out from magazines to form words. The pieced-together message contained racial and homophobic threats directed at Smollett. A magazine is one of the pieces of evidence retrieved from the brother’s home last week during a search conducted by CPD. Investigators also recovered a book of stamps.

The brothers are acquaintances of Smollett.

When asked about the letter in a televised interview last week, Smollett said, “On the letter, it had a stick figure hanging from a tree with a gun pointing toward it.” It also had “MAGA” — reference to President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan Make America Great Again – written as the return address.

“In due course all the facts will reveal themselves, and at the end of the day, my clients are honest and credible,” the brothers’ attorney Gloria Schmidt said.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

It is certainly a time to use words like "alleged."

It's also a good time to realize that out on the Internet there are undoubtedly rumors, distortions, and lies lodged in the wain coat to suit almost any bias in the creation of their own finely crafted scenarios.

It's not quite as bad as that Zimmerman killed Martin case became, not yet. Not as bad as that OJ case either.

TMK, nobody in this thread has posted internet rumors, distortions, etc., just news stories. So I don’t see the point of this fingerwagging.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:05 pm 
Board Emeritus

TMK, nobody in this thread has posted internet rumors, distortions, etc., just news stories. So I don’t see the point of this fingerwagging.

I was talking about out on the Internet and didn't wag my finger at anyone here.

:|

You're he one doing the fingerwaging with this comment.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:13 am 
Board Emeritus

I was talking about out on the Internet and didn't wag my finger at anyone here.

:|

You're he one doing the fingerwaging with this comment.

Nobody is posting internet rumors about this story. There's enough to deal with regarding the actual press coverage of this story, which IMO is every bit as botched as the CPD's handling of this case.

Although, you do bring up a valid point, Sam, when you consider that once again it's TMZ that has been coming out with the actual news. A couple sources I've posted, e.g. CBS and The Advocate have gotten scoops of their own, or at least have landed exclusives. But what I keep seeing is news organizations not only picking up the clickbait, but they keep posting their own takes on the clickbait as if they didn't already post that same story 3, 6, 12 hours earlier. :?

It's a propaganda effect, like...literal propaganda.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 am 
Board Emeritus

Nobody is posting internet rumors about this story. There's enough to deal with regarding the actual press coverage of this story, which IMO is every bit as botched as the CPD's handling of this case.

Although, you do bring up a valid point, Sam, when you consider that once again it's TMZ that has been coming out with the actual news. A couple sources I've posted, e.g. CBS and The Advocate have gotten scoops of their own, or at least have landed exclusives. But what I keep seeing is news organizations not only picking up the clickbait, but they keep posting their own takes on the clickbait as if they didn't already post that same story 3, 6, 12 hours earlier. :?

It's a propaganda effect, like...literal propaganda.

OK, we're all seeing the same thing. Zowie calls it fog of war.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:33 am 
Board Emeritus

OK, we're all seeing the same thing. Zowie calls it fog of war.

Those of us who are watching the news, yeah I think we are all seeing the same thing. It's a fog, though I'm not sure it's a fog of war, though that's a good metaphor.

We've got:

1- the news stories
2- the news organizations going off of the wires
3- the fact that the news stories are being driven by TMZ
4- the internet rumors, distortions, etc., you mention
5- the CPD, which can't be trusted
6- the 2 CPD leaks to ... whomever? TMZ?
7- the brothers and whatever their part or agenda or motivations
8- the brothers and their social media
9- Jussie and his lawyers
10- the "Empire" cast reportedly being interviewed
11- Fox
12- probably a bunch of other complicating factors I've left off

Lots to wade through in the coming days

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:11 am 
Board Emeritus

Or to not wade through in coming days. That is a viable alternative.

Right now outside I've got wind, rain, snow, flood, and mud I've got to wade through. Yesterday I shoveled the snow off of a 500 feet of road so I could go to town for food. And the power was off for most of the day too. I wish I had a viable alternative to avoid that wading.

Carmen what was it you were saying to me earlier in the thread about not becoming a Jussie Truther?

I think you said, don't be a Jussie Truther.

I think I'm suggesting that which you have advised.

:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:12 am 
Board Emeritus

Or to not wade through in coming days. That is a viable alternative.

Right now outside I've got wind, rain, snow, flood, and mud I've got to wade through. Yesterday I shoveled the snow off of a 500 feet of road so I could go to town for food. And the power was off for most of the day too. I wish I had a viable alternative to avoid that wading.

Carmen what was it you were saying to me earlier in the thread about not becoming a Jussie Truther?

I think you said, don't be a Jussie Truther.

I think I'm suggesting that which you have advised.

:)

Duly noted, though there’s no cause for that concern.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

I've lost the truth in the fog. I'm more interested in L'Affaire Bezos now, because it drags up so much L.A. showbiz wannabe muck, not to mention also doing the connect-the-dots degree of separation thing to the White House.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

W h a t

Testimony from brothers in Jussie Smollett case scrapped after "Hail Mary" phone call, source says CBS News

Quote:
CBS News has learned that Nigerian brothers Ola and Abel Osundairo were waiting outside the grand jury chambers, just minutes from testifying, when prosecutors got the call from Smollett's lawyers.
It's unclear what the defense said, but the Cook County state's attorney decided to postpone the brothers' testimony, which would have been the first step toward indicting the 36-year-old actor for filing a false police report.
Smollett has repeatedly denied staging the attack.

Holy crap!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

:oops:

Jussie Smollett 'now officially classified as a suspect' in alleged attack: Police

After weeks of investigation into Jussie Smollett's claim of being attacked last month by two men who shouted racist and homophobic slurs while physically beating him and leaving him with a rope tied around his neck, the Chicago Police Department on Wednesday evening officially classified Smollett as a suspect in an ongoing criminal investigation for filing a false report.

The announcement, in a tweet from the Chicago Police Department's verified account, represents another stunning twist in an investigation that has seen more than its share of such developments.

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/police-jussie ... on-brknews

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

He's been charged, I saw headlines.

Didn't read the stories. I'm missing new details, I'm not worried though, those details will filter through.

I was too busy to mind that, I was watching this:

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Everyone should watch this, it explains life.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:40 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah looks like he really mopped himself into a corner with this. How utterly pointless. :problem:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:09 am 
Board Emeritus

Alright, so he's been arrested, now. Jussie Smollett arrested and faces a felony charge for allegedly filing false police report - CNN

What's curious to me is, I just came from this thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=23015, AKA, "Stop Calling the Cops on Us".

I do have to ask how many people in those 15 pages have been arrested on felony charges for false reports. And how come those brothers were released - if they're accessories to this, shouldn't they also be in custody? #TF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:23 am 
Board Emeritus

He's been charged, I saw headlines.

Didn't read the stories. I'm missing new details, I'm not worried though, those details will filter through.

I was too busy to mind that, I was watching this:

Everyone should watch this, it explains life.

It's very cute.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:30 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand, either. If Jussie committed a crime in staging a false police report/incident, and they were involved, that makes the Nigerian brothers accessories to the crime. No?

Unless there was some way in which they were coerced? I guess stuff will soon come out at the trial.

The police are also claiming the letter he received a week before the assault was in fact his own handiwork, sent to himself, presumably to set the stage for the incident.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:43 am 
Board Emeritus

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand, either. If Jussie committed a crime in staging a false police report/incident, and they were involved, that makes the Nigerian brothers accessories to the crime. No?

Unless there was some way in which they were coerced? I guess stuff will soon come out at the trial.

The police are also claiming the letter he received a week before the assault was in fact his own handiwork, sent to himself, presumably to set the stage for the incident.

That, and their testimony was "scrapped"? #TF??

So weird.

Well, this is going to be an interesting news day. It's going to be All Jussie All the Time. I am betting the news about that whackjob Coast Guard lieutenant who was just arrested for planning to shoot up as many people as possible is probably going to get buried. viewtopic.php?p=442112#p442112

SMH...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:45 am 
Board Emeritus

:(

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

So this is the thread the local conservatives decide to show up in? What a bunch of mindless drones.

This guy's a fucking asshole and deserves what's coming from the law. But in the grand scheme of things this story is getting way too much play. There are some pretty fucked up events that have occurred over the last few years that should be alarming to everyone - liberals and conservatives alike. School shootings, people getting massacred for being Jewish, a guy that sent bombs in the mail, another white supremacist who happened to work for the coast guard planning a huge domestic terrorist event. A "president" who is under serious investigation and who is a major national security threat. Then we have a dude that barely visits this board come in posting that hate crimes are often faked. What a fucking asshole.

The local cons ignore everything else or attempt to downplay, but swarm to this thread. Pretty fucked up.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

It was over Salary so why work at FOX they're irrelevant anyway.

Jussie Smollett: Empire star 'staged hoax attack over salary'

US actor Jussie Smollett staged a fake attack on himself because he was "dissatisfied with his salary", Chicago police say.

Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said in a news conference that he "took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47311145

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is more important than climate change killing 3 billion of us or a traitor selling nuclear technolcogy to the country that invaded us on 911

Having said that, FUCK we did NOT need this, the TRAITORS now will point at this CRUMB (as in a nothing story like emails and all of a sudden now both sides BOTH SIDE) FUUUUUCK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

It was over Salary so why work at FOX they're irrelevant anyway.

Jussie Smollett: Empire star 'staged hoax attack over salary'

US actor Jussie Smollett staged a fake attack on himself because he was "dissatisfied with his salary", Chicago police say.

Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said in a news conference that he "took advantage of the pain and anger of racism to promote his career".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-47311145

That doesn't even make any damn sense.

He couldn't renegotiate his salary? This whole thing is so weird.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, sadly, this story is of importance to Black LGBTQs in particular because it's not like it wasn't already difficult enough. I do still feel that I could get gaybashed tomorrow morning (a friend of mine, Latina, + somebody she was out with just got openly harassed on the street in our oh-so-liberal Bay Area, can't even do something as simple as walk down the sidewalk arm-in-arm), and nothing would be different: the cons will say we bring it on ourselves at best or at worst are just making it up.

Anybody who has been gaybashed -- everybody I know, self included -- has had this happen.

So f. them. What gets difficult is when your supposed fam also joins the cons. That's what Black LGBTQs are talking about at least in my timelines, over the past few weeks with this. And meanwhile, there's a 15-page thread called Stop Calling the Cops On Us. I could be wrong but TMK, none of those people have been charged with felonies or are sitting in goddamn jail.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:01 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, sadly, this story is of importance to Black LGBTQs in particular because it's not like it wasn't already difficult enough. I do still feel that I could get gaybashed tomorrow morning (a friend of mine, Latina, + somebody she was out with just got openly harassed on the street in our oh-so-liberal Bay Area, can't even do something as simple as walk down the sidewalk arm-in-arm), and nothing would be different: the cons will say we bring it on ourselves at best or at worst are just making it up.

Anybody who has been gaybashed -- everybody I know, self included -- has had this happen.

So f. them. What gets difficult is when your supposed fam also joins the cons. That's what Black LGBTQs are talking about at least in my timelines, over the past few weeks with this. And meanwhile, there's a 15-page thread called Stop Calling the Cops On Us. I could be wrong but TMK, none of those people have been charged with felonies or are sitting in goddamn jail.

OT: Got the phone ;)

Anyway, yeah too bad all Gay bashing stories arent made up, but almost none are.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:03 pm 

what a black gay actor, acted. sadly it was poor acting. i dunno i get he did a bad bad thing and will have to pay for it however the law sees fit but does it not strike anyone that he needs therapy? i mean the only thing this could be about really is to make himself more famous with better roles (alien covenant sucked and so did he imo) anyway i think a well adjusted person wouldn't even consider doing this. and i'm not excusing what he did but the law can deal with the criminal repercussion but again imo he needs help.

the next hate crime, will be proven or disproven just like every case.

not to make fun of this but a while back i saw this video and not only do i find him on point and humorous but he's also seriously cute imo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next