Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:arrow: .....so was the ice dancing competition!!! Meryl Davis and Charlie White skated their hearts out wowing the majority Russian crowd at the Sochi Olympics to win their first Olympic gold!! Congratulations Meryl and Charlie!!! You Make us proud!!

ImageImageImage

Americans Meryl Davis, Charlie White Win Olympic Gold In Ice Dancing

The United States claimed its first-ever Olympic ice dancing gold medal Monday, as the pairing of Meryl Davis and Charlie White cruised to victory over the defending-champion Canadians. A world-record score in Sunday’s short program pushed Davis and White past Canada’s Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir and into first place, and another flawless performance in Monday’s final skate secured them the gold with a final score of 195.52.

Virtue and Moir — who earned silver with a score of 190.99 – won gold in their home country at the 2010 Vancouver Olympics, with Davis and White finishing second. “I told Charlie in the middle of the program I felt like I was in a dream,” Davis said after Sunday’s skate. “It is such a surreal experience.” Davis and White’s medal was just the fourth ever for the U.S. in ice dancing, which made its Olympic debut in 1976. Russia’s Elena Ilinykh and Nikita Katsalapov earned bronze with a final score of 183.48

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well I'm not much for ice dancing...

But Russia got eliminated from the Olympics today.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/winter-olym ... y-finland/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:22 am 
Board Emeritus

The USA will beat Canada on Friday I fear. USA men's team just looks too potent.

Voting with hurt fees to pwn the libs:
Quote:
because of this board... it will be very hard for me to support a Democratic candidate.