RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 11:45 am 
Board Emeritus

Semi final today, soon very soon. I'm scared for the Canadian team. USA team is really strong this time around.

Should be a nail biter!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:39 pm 
Policy Wonk

Ye of little faith.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Can't find this game listed. It must be on either MSNBC or NBCSP. What time is it scheduled for and on what network? The best I can do on the regular NBC channel is the final game at 6:30 am (ET) on Sunday.
Meanwhile, it's figure skating, speed skating and biathalon. All okay, but not hockey.
Great game last night, eh? I really thought the US women were going to pull if off, but the Canadian team really got tough in the third period and in OT.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:52 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tight game reflected by the score, but Canada seemed to outplay the USA most of the game. The USA had some chances but couldn't capitalize. Here's hoping the US can beat the Fins.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ye of little faith.

Everything I said was true though. It was a nail biter, and the USA had a strong team.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

Can't find this game listed. It must be on either MSNBC or NBCSP. What time is it scheduled for and on what network? The best I can do on the regular NBC channel is the final game at 6:30 am (ET) on Sunday.
Meanwhile, it's figure skating, speed skating and biathalon. All okay, but not hockey.
Great game last night, eh? I really thought the US women were going to pull if off, but the Canadian team really got tough in the third period and in OT.

That game last night was unreal. I couldn't believe it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

That game last night was unreal. I couldn't believe it.

So, Drak: What time and where is the US-Canada men's hockey game?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

So, Drak: What time and where is the US-Canada men's hockey game?

Ah apologies Sallie, it is over. Canada won in a squeeker 1-0.

USA plays Finland now for the Bronze, Sweden and Canada play for gold and silver.

The game was on at 9am pacific today.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:07 pm 
Policy Wonk

If it's NBC, you may have been out of luck. NBC doesn't believe people want to watch anything live.

Here in Canada, the events are carried on CBC, TSN, TSN1, SportsNet and SportsNet1. 5 different channels. Each carries a different event most of the time. They don't necessary have Olympics on all the time, though CBC does most of the time. I was able to watch both the curling and hockey game live. It was truly a Canadian experience for me today. I watched the curling while sitting in a Tim Hortons.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 8:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

If I were back up in Ogdensburg, NY, I would be watching the CBC. I was born and raised on Canadian television, as were my kids. CBC, CTV. What the hell's wrong with NBC? Maybe somebody told them that Americans are passionate about figure skating and really don't like hockey or curling.
Of course, they'd be wrong, but they're so often wrong, what does it matter. But I'm steamed, I can tell you that! I don't even see it listed at a later time. Just plain stupid!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:58 am 
Board Emeritus

If I were back up in Ogdensburg, NY, I would be watching the CBC. I was born and raised on Canadian television, as were my kids. CBC, CTV. What the hell's wrong with NBC? Maybe somebody told them that Americans are passionate about figure skating and really don't like hockey or curling.
Of course, they'd be wrong, but they're so often wrong, what does it matter. But I'm steamed, I can tell you that! I don't even see it listed at a later time. Just plain stupid!

We are getting the coverage on CBC this year. Some carry over on TSN I think. Last time around we had CTV I think. CBC is doing a pretty good job this year. I liked CTV last time as well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Canada takes the gold. I got up at 4am to watch it. So tired.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Losing twice to Canada in the same week is all Obama's fault, unless of course you are a Democrat then it is Boehner's fault. Screw you Canadians, hey what can I say I am a poor loser.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

I really intended to get up to watch the Canada game this morning, but exhaustion got the better of good intentions. So glad to hear that Canada won! Way to go, you Crazy Canucks!
I've found a way to watch stuff that NBC isn't showing on its principle network - A day late; a dollar short, as usual.
Again, Congratulations on hockey gold, Canada!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

I really intended to get up to watch the Canada game this morning, but exhaustion got the better of good intentions. So glad to hear that Canada won! Way to go, you Crazy Canucks!
I've found a way to watch stuff that NBC isn't showing on its principle network - A day late; a dollar short, as usual.
Again, Congratulations on hockey gold, Canada!

I barely got out of bed Sallie, it was hard. And because of it I've been napping on and off all day.

It wasn't much of a game. Sweden didn't bring much.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:02 pm 
Policy Wonk

I barely got out of bed Sallie, it was hard. And because of it I've been napping on and off all day.

It wasn't much of a game. Sweden didn't bring much.

I awoke well before the game, but then I'm used to waking up early.

You're right. Sweden didn't really do much. They started the game with vigor, but after Canada scored the first they just looked flat. People were commenting on it being a great game, but I didn't see that. The longer the game went, the less fight the Swedes had. To be sure, I enjoyed the outcome but the game itself really wasn't much of a gold medal contest. I suppose, though, that at least Sweden showed up to play for at least part of the game, unlike the US was in the bronze game. That was just sad.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

double post

Last edited by Drak on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

I awoke well before the game, but then I'm used to waking up early.

You're right. Sweden didn't really do much. They started the game with vigor, but after Canada scored the first they just looked flat. People were commenting on it being a great game, but I didn't see that. The longer the game went, the less fight the Swedes had. To be sure, I enjoyed the outcome but the game itself really wasn't much of a gold medal contest. I suppose, though, that at least Sweden showed up to play for at least part of the game, unlike the US was in the bronze game. That was just sad.

Agreed on all points.

A bronze is a medal. The Finns was estate winning that medal. That's what it should be about.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

You guys watched the US-Finland game. What do you suppose went wrong for the US team? I never did get to see them play.
Watching the closing ceremonies right now. Absolutely astounding!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

What's up with Putin? He looks bored out of his mind and about to fall asleep.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

You guys watched the US-Finland game. What do you suppose went wrong for the US team? I never did get to see them play.
Watching the closing ceremonies right now. Absolutely astounding!

Well the USA seemed disinterested in playing. They just didn't want to be there playing for the bronze. Patrick Kane had two penalty shots that he missed on which would have had them on top. Kane also took some really bad penalties.