wallst....

News and events of the day
rainwater

wallst....

Post by rainwater »

new thread for you RWFrs.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
rainwater

Re: wallst....

Post by rainwater »

mostly on bullshit. they give all this money to the RWGs for crap. junk. thousand dollar phones.
i find this absolutely bizarre behavior. only capitalism would thrill over this.
...a trillion on holiday crap...a trillion to bee-zus tax-free. ufb.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/holiday-sa ... -covid-19/
U.S. consumers will spend up to 9% more this holiday period compared to 2020, when consumers spent
a total of $1.2 trillion during the key shopping period between November and the end of the year,
according to
a forecast from Deloitte.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Old news. Covid has done it to us again. Dow down 1000 this morning though now it's creeping back up. Lodging, energy, and transport sectors getting hammered.

This thing with betting good money on expectations that nature has changed the way viruses mutate is getting stupid.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:39 am Old news. Covid has done it to us again. Dow down 1000 this morning though now it's creeping back up. Lodging, energy, and transport sectors getting hammered.

This thing with betting good money on expectations that nature has changed the way viruses mutate is getting stupid.
dow sank with news of a new variant whipping up and out of S Africa currently.
no name yet.

austria, half of euro shutting down again.
HST.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

The stock market reacts to any bad or good news. If you're a short-term investor looking for quick profits, then you're basically an idiot. Very few people make a profit on short-term investing. I'm in the stock market through two mutual fund; one a regular mutual fund and the other an IRA mutual fund. I've had both for nearly 30 years and I never touched them. Long-term investing in the stock market is like the ocean tides; they come in and they go out. In the stock market, the market goes up and the market goes down. If you ride out the ups and downs over time then you'll come out ahead which is what I've done.

When the markets went into a recession in the early 2000s and then in 2008, my mutual funds lost a lot of value. By holding onto them I've not only recovered the loss of value but their value has more than quadrupled.

I'll ride out this downturn.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Number6 wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:17 pm The stock market reacts to any bad or good news. If you're a short-term investor looking for quick profits, then you're basically an idiot. Very few people make a profit on short-term investing. I'm in the stock market through two mutual fund; one a regular mutual fund and the other an IRA mutual fund. I've had both for nearly 30 years and I never touched them. Long-term investing in the stock market is like the ocean tides; they come in and they go out. In the stock market, the market goes up and the market goes down. If you ride out the ups and downs over time then you'll come out ahead which is what I've done.

When the markets went into a recession in the early 2000s and then in 2008, my mutual funds lost a lot of value. By holding onto them I've not only recovered the loss of value but their value has more than quadrupled.

I'll ride out this downturn.
Agreed. We're in it for the long term too.

Obviously some of the big investors were betting on a recovery in the sectors that tanked when covid started, anticipating improvement in the overall situation. They should have figured it out when covid flatlined instead of disappearing that we weren't out of it, but they bet on a lame horse anyway.

The stock drop didn't scare me in the least. I didn't make any such bet. I'm resigned on covid. We must adapt to a changed world, and when we do so, and learn to live with it, we will be a lot happier and more prosperous.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

..."russian market in free fall today"....bloomberg europe.
they said.

seems RWG have locked down the net....cant C/P $$ headlines or notes, now.
...i mean, they havent made enuff money yet so keeping a tite lid on their doings is key unless you pay them.
:lol: :lol:

norway will divest its sovereign fund from russia.
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/norway-s ... 40036.html
OSLO (Reuters) -Norway's $1.3 trillion sovereign wealth fund, the world's largest, will divest its Russian assets following Russia's invasion of Ukraine, the Norwegian prime minister said on Sunday.

The fund's Russian assets, consisting of shares in some 47 companies as well as government bonds, were worth 25 billion Norwegian crowns ($2.83 billion) at the end of 2021, down from 30 billion crowns a year earlier, the government said.

"We have decided to freeze the fund's investments and have begun a process of selling out (of Russia)," Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Stoere told a news conference.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

...oil $100 and rising.
russain tankers being turned away from ports.
Oil surges past $100 a barrel as Russia's war worsens supply concerns

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russian- ... 05390.html
Energy firms BP and Shell have abandoned multibillion-dollar positions in Russia, while leading banks, airlines, automakers and more have cut shipments, ended partnerships and called Moscow's actions unacceptable.

(Reuters) - Russian oil producers are postponing tenders due to a lack of buyers and as importers in Europe and Asia reject Russian ships amid widening disruption from a raft of sanctions imposed on Moscow over the war in Ukraine.
HST.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

No one has quite figured how to keep crypto from being a possible sanctions countermeasure. Lots of brave rhetoric on the subject, but suddenly its free fall has become a huge uptick. The timing here sounds like it might be more than just nervous speculators getting out of other things.

FWIW, a lot of the crypto mining we hear about comes from a few enormous server farms, each of which uses as much energy as a small third world country. They were in Russia for a long time, but for whatever reason they moved to Kazakhstan.

I wonder whether this had anything to do with a situation earlier this year, when suddenly Russian leadership decided it was necessary to briefly send troops to Kazakhstan after some anti-government demonstrations.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

apparently some big wig utah RWG bankers are ON a russian plane NOW...traveling for the free perk.
we have pols in merica who luv putey dont mind who he kills what he fucks up, that he is quite like sadist.

gee, wonder where the money went.
say adios to your retirement dinero you dumb shits. :oops:
https://twitter.com/nyckatyc/status/1499791639430242305
Kentucky Teachers were 2nd largest investor in Russian bank - their investment went from $13M value to $778K. Corruption and malfeasance must be investigated.
15hr
State of Kentucky's Teachers Retirement System was the second-largest shareholder for Sberbank of Russia (The largest bank in Russia).
Their position dropped 95% in value from $13MM to $778K
Show this thread charts
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

horrific. thanks to randian and mcconnell.......$13,000,000.00 of taxpayer monies...whoosh.
who will answer for this.
randian will blame HFC. mcconnell will act like he didnt know nuthin.

WHO was it that moved this pension money to russian banks. rand...
now theyre acting as tho they A) didnt do it B) it doesnt matter C) they know nuthin.
The article was updated to say that they sold their shares in a Russian bank at a loss the day before Russia
invaded Ukraine.
10:37 AM · Mar 4, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
https://twitter.com/ASparklyWTF/status/ ... 09/photo/1
HST.
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

Unsustainable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP74RBTE8kI

How Redditors Exposed The Stock Market | The Problem With Jon Stewart
When a bunch of Redditors combined forces to drive up the price of GameStop stock, it exposed a fundamental problem with the stock market. The Problem With The Stock Market, now streaming on Apple TV+, delves into what really happens when you buy a stock, how giant corporations skim money off of your investments, and how Redditors used Gamestop stock to expose the system.
Bernie Madoff
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

Motor City wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:56 pm Unsustainable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP74RBTE8kI

How Redditors Exposed The Stock Market | The Problem With Jon Stewart
Bernie Madoff
The Stock Market, now streaming on Apple TV+, delves into what really happens when you buy a stock, how giant corporations skim money off of your investments,
its all a game to these RWG net scammers. they just and simply want humans alive so they can suck money from them
for themselves.
its all a net media game to them, they dont GAF about the humans the people the humanity out there that loses
both money and quality of life to dumps like 'appel'...or goog or am-i-azone.

its disgusting and the ruin of the planet earth but hey...go capitalism.

saw some news show where they told of some new corp starting out by..."giving" new employees prior to even starting
work, giving them two weeks off...as well they get Five days off now then, they get leave for family issues they get..well
they get in merica the same bennies they get in social democracies. and the news people WERE SHOCKED at how well
it was going over for this new corp how kind and friendly this was FOR THE NEW CORP AND ITS EMPLOYEES HOW
HELPFUL it would be for their lives and work in general.
meanwhile....its what they do in social democracies in general: they help and care for the employees in these ways.

its a SHOCK in this, our, contry...where capitalism is destroying life here and no one seems to notice, or, care.

--
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

wallst...the road to inflation. deflation. stagnation.
theyre gonna have to build their own floating towns since no countries want them docking their yachts.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/inflatio ... 6158377826
As Inflation Soars, So Do Corporate Profits---
The biggest companies aren't experiencing inflation in the same way as their customers.

The top 30 companies in the major industry categories of the consumer price index have raised prices while collectively boosting their profits by $151 billion, according to the liberal watchdog group Accountable.US, which compared the firms’ latest yearly and quarterly earnings reports with the previous year’s filings.

The companies also bought back an additional $28 billion of their own shares, a strategy to boost the stock price, which also happens to boost executive compensation.

“These companies would have consumers believe they marked up prices just to keep up with outside costs, but the tens of billions in extra profits and generous giveaways to investors last year show otherwise,” Accountable.US President Kyle Herrig said in a statement.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

yet they whine.

how much of this 2bil did daddy use to buy disinfo and fearmongers.
imagine the sex this money bought.
sadist put this lil pale puff piece in charge of most everything that had any hint of saudi. from israel to newspapers.
lil jared did it all. didnt he.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/jared-ku ... b066ecde08
Saudis Give $2 Billion To Jared Kushner's Fund After Cozy Trump Ties: Report
Kushner ally Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman overruled sovereign fund panel fears about inexperienced
management and troubling risks.
Apr. 11, 2022
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

anyone whod give away....44bil for some web site that lets people type their crazed thots....is ...crazy.

cant imagine what is worth....44bil...unless it is/was..the people.

oh how silly of me.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

so, um..the merican peeple are responsible for paying...70% of the GDP of this con-try.
the rich dont spent their..our..money Here. they spend it overseas where they live.
why would they spent it here where they only visit.

which says that the rich dont pay anything to use this con-try as a trademark, for profit
totally disregarding the human, people, factor, from which they make these profits.

raygun took the rich tax rate from about..70% down to less than...30%... also giving them untold manners of which
to hide and conceal the "profits" the rwgs make off the merican peoples.

now the big corps like walm are whining theyve lost profits!!...the peeple arent buying all this plastic shit anymore,
what are we to do!!

ohmy.

meanwhile...the thrift stores are only taking donations a day or so a week. no dropping off 7days.
they are stuffed with donated items people now buy vs walm etc.

id be real careful in this market today. and forever henceforth.
what theyve got now is vanishing.
the only ones buying into it are those in it.
HST.