RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 8:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

The next best thing to seeing the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup final is seeing the Ducks not in the final. Particularly that prick garbage man Corey Perry.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:32 pm 

The next best thing to seeing the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup final is seeing the Ducks not in the final. Particularly that prick garbage man Corey Perry.

How about the #16 team making the Cup finals. As a Habs fan, I am ashamed to admit that I was rooting for the Preds to beat the Ducks. Meanwhile, there is a barn burner in the East. 7th game between the Pens and the Sens. I hope the Senators move on to the final, but whoever wins should win the Stanley Cup.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

How about the #16 team making the Cup finals. As a Habs fan, I am ashamed to admit that I was rooting for the Preds to beat the Ducks. Meanwhile, there is a barn burner in the East. 7th game between the Pens and the Sens. I hope the Senators move on to the final, but whoever wins should win the Stanley Cup.

When they swept the Blackhawks in the first round I honestly didn't remember the Predators looking anywhere near that good during the regular season. When they won the Blues series I felt the would at least go to the finals...maybe win it all. I don't know if they can do it without Johansen, Fiala and Fisher.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 9:19 am 

And then there were 2.

Predictions for the Cup final?

I say Pens in 5, but 4 of them will be by 1 goal or an empty netter.

And Pekka Rinne could still win the Conn Smythe trophy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:44 am 

Totally weird game 1. Biggest mystery to me is how they disallowed the Subban goal. Yes, he (was it Forsberg?) preceded the puck over the blue line, but the key is POSSESSION. You can drag the puck over the line after you and you are still on sides. They somehow ruled he did not have possession of the puck. Something of a strange call to me, and that play definitely changed the course of the game.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:38 am 

So much for my "Pens in 5" prediction. Only took 4 games to prove me wrong. What I've heard about the Preds being hard to beat at home is looking to be true. Now we really have a series.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

So much for my "Pens in 5" prediction. Only took 4 games to prove me wrong. What I've heard about the Preds being hard to beat at home is looking to be true. Now we really have a series.

Whatever happened to the Predators in the first two games in Pittsburgh is all over. They look like the team that swept the Blackhawks in these last two.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:16 am 

Forgot to mention how well my other predictions are doing - 4 of 5 games by 1 goal or an empty netter, and Pekka Rinne for the Conn Smythe.

After 5 games, the AVERAGE winning margin is 3.6 goals, and as for the Conn Smythe............

Anyone want to buy a sure thing lottery number from me?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:40 am 
Board Emeritus

Congratulations to The Penguins.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:31 am 

Congrats to the Pens, you deserved it. Congrats to the Preds for a great run, some might say you were robbed. Not my teams, but a good Stanley Cup year anyway.

Let's see where the Cup winds up this year. In past Pittsburgh years it's been found at the bottom of Mario Lemieux's swimming pool and in bed with Sidney Crosby. Top that, Pens.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:27 pm 
Policy Wonk

aHab wrote:
Congrats to the Pens, you deserved it. Congrats to the Preds for a great run, some might say you were robbed. Not my teams, but a good Stanley Cup year anyway.

Let's see where the Cup winds up this year. In past Pittsburgh years it's been found at the bottom of Mario Lemieux's swimming pool and in bed with Sidney Crosby. Top that, Pens.

I remember when Darren Mccarty strapped it to his Motorcycle and took it for a ride.

http://www.hhof.com/htmlphotogalleries/ ... 21.shtml#x