RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 8:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

After watching this years playoffs there is no doubt that LeBron James is the best NBA player ever. With no apologies to Michael Jordan. If you needed a guy for one game then the choice would be Jordan hands down. But, if you were to pick a player to build your franchise around that you were going to have over a 10 to 15 year period, LeBron James with nobody even a close second.

He not only plays every position on the court at a very high level. The way he passes and gets his teammates involved is unreal. James is the most unselfish player on that level Ive ever seen. He also has a savant quality to his game that no player before has ever displayed.

Beyond the play however is where he really shines. He has never once been even remotely involved in any scandal. He gives his time and money to help the needy. He isn't afraid to take a political stand on any issue. James is just a great hero of American sports and a role model for every young man today.

Our media should be canonizing this guy in the same manner they would be crucifying him if he were to ever get arrested for drugs, drunk driving or domestic violence. Our Media truly sucks.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

Our Media truly sucks.

The media sucks because of LeBron James :rofl:

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:21 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't think Glen realizes that LeBron James has to be dead before the Roman Catholic Church can declare him a saint.

That the media doesn't have anything to do with it.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:32 am 
Board Emeritus

Better than my Magic?

In what alternate universe?

Please try to remember that what they believe, as well as what they do and
cause you to endure does not testify to your inferiority but to their inhumanity

~ James Baldwin, The Fire Next Time

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:03 am 
Board Emeritus

Better than my Magic?

Seriously!

I pretty much quit watching b-ball after Magic left the court. Jordan was alright, but Magic was, well, totally magical. Sort of had to see it to believe it, I suppose.

And of course SickUpAndFed would say, "no, it was the Big O, Oscar Robertson, who was the best ever." LOL.

Well, yeah, you got me there, SUAF. Oscar was far-and-away the best the game has ever seen.

And so it goes.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:39 am 
Board Emeritus

Better than my Magic?

Better than Jabbar? James isn't better than a hundred guys. He's no better than Oscar Robertson. It's arguable that any of them were better than the Big O.

For my money, Oscar Robertson is to professional basketball as Sugar Ray Robinson is to professional boxing.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:26 pm 
Board Emeritus

Better than my Magic?

To be fair, Lebron is not only either the greatest of all time or certainly one of them, but as a human being he is awesome (i say that like an adoring fan, like I am 12 yrs old and we are talking about Willie Mays)...

Now, Kevin Durant and Steph Curry aint bad either. Durant is actually going to go down as top ten of ALL time also. As will Curry. These are exciting times for b ball.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

To be fair, Lebron is not only either the greatest of all time or certainly one of them, but as a human being he is awesome (i say that like an adoring fan, like I am 12 yrs old and we are talking about Willie Mays)...

Now, Kevin Durant and Steph Curry aint bad either. Durant is actually going to go down as top ten of ALL time also. As will Curry. These are exciting times for b ball.

I'm from Chicago...so I can ask this question. Who's the most remarkable jerk...Jordan or James?