RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Rams posted their new ticket prices for The New Stadium.

As big city teams seem to do now, you must purchase a seat license before you can spend thousands on your seats. This license is good for something like 20 years, after which it can be renewed, presumably by paying again.

Top is $150,000 plus, though I read the absolute billionaire corporate entertainment seats might license for $170k.

smh

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:19 am 
Board Emeritus

If I am not mistaken seat licensing was first brought to the NFL by the Carolina Panthers. Whose owner is a POS that fits every LW stereotype of the way wealthy people behave. To the point that when he was dying he made up with his kids for being a prick all of his life. But, once he received a heart transplant fired his son and went right back to being a prick.

Their fee was around $3000 back about 30 years ago. Because Bank of America financed the NFL owners with a 100 million dollar signature loan during the last strike we in Charlotte knew we were going to get an NFL team.

So about a year in advance me and a friend told our wives we were going to buy two season tickets. One for me and one for him and they were going to cost about $500 each. If there were any spousal objections state them now so there will be plenty of time to get over it. Because at the end of the day we were buying the tickets.

Then they came out with the seat license which put an end to that scheme. Basically what the NFL has done is priced the blue collar fan that made the NFL out of the stadium. For example premium parking fees at Cowboy games are as high as $75, just to park your car. Everything ebbs and flows and at some point in the future it will no longer be trendy to attend NFL games and the owners will come back to those of us in the unwashed masses and we like the good little sheep we are will be there waiting. Sigh and guilty as charged.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:21 am 
Board Emeritus

Final point, when NFL owners claim they are contributing the cost of building a new stadium. That money comes from selling the seat license. Which is a major scam and just a way to inflate the ticket price. Also originally the seat license had no sunset date. Unlike now where every 10 to 20 years they can recharge and generate another unbelievable amount of revenue.

In this case if they sell 30,000 at an average of $25,000 per that comes to $750,000,000. Figures that are probably low. Somewhere PT Barnum is smiling.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

They say the game causes brain damage.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

The NFL can run their scam without me. When enough other people start thinking like this, they will have killed the goose.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'm already on that train, I call it the gladiator game. The NFL is the National Gladiator League.

They play their game in fine Coliseums everywhere.