RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:35 am 
Board Emeritus

Go Bengals Americas true team and after last nights loss to Oklahoma RIP Buckeyes season, just wait till next year.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:00 pm 
Board Emeritus

The way a football is shaped and lacking of either wings or legs, I would think a football would only be able to return from somewhere else with the assistance from human, or perhaps a dog with very large jaws.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:44 pm 
Policy Wonk

Lions won as did the Wolverines

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:59 pm 
Policy Wonk

Detroit Lions fan who posted racist Snapchat surrenders season tickets

Quote:
The Detroit Lions fan who posted a racist comment about two other fans on the social media site Snapchat is no longer a season-ticket holder, the team said today.

The fan, who the team has not identified, posted a picture of two African American fans sitting for the national anthem during Sunday's season opener against the Arizona Cardinals with the caption "Ignorant (expletives)."

The fan, who could not be reached for comment by the Free Press, initially denied posting the photo or writing the caption before "seemingly chang(ing) his story" on a Facebook page that has since been deleted, Fox2 reported..............

tell you what I just cannot understand the anger that drives this. its hard to imagine how people relate superiority to other Americans by way of the flag. #7 is right, that same sacrifice that so humbles us is worthy of our insistence that its dignity be honored in how governing power and officials treat its citizens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:51 pm 
Policy Wonk

8-year-old Cahokia football team kneels during anthem ahead of recent game

Quote:
– Every player on the Cahokia Quarterback Club football team (8 and under) took a knee during the national anthem ahead of Sunday’s game at Little Devil’s Field in Belleville.
“One of the kids asked me if I saw (people) protesting and rioting in St. Louis. I said yes; I said, ‘Do you know why they are doing it?'” said Coach Orlando Gooden.

Coach Gooden said his player responded, "Because black people are getting killed and nobody's going to jail.”

Gooden, who played football at Mizzou, said the kids knew about the Jason Stockley decision.

“I felt like it was a good teaching moment for me to circle the team and have a meeting,” he said.

The coach said he spoke to them about that and other situations that have happened in our country. He then explained why former NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick started kneeling during the anthem...........

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

Farmington Hills teacher accused of assaulting student who sat during Pledge

Quote:
.........."I was in my chair doing my homework ... All of a sudden I'm being snatched out of my chair. I told the lady that I don't stand for the pledge and she just kind of glared at me," said Stone, 11.

"I was confused when it happened because I didn't know what was going on. And then i was irritated because that's not supposed to happen," Stone said.

The next day, when another teacher was in his homeroom class, Stone was working on a work sheet when the pledge was being recited. In the middle of the pledge, he said, the teacher noticed him sitting.

"She starts yelling at me, telling me to get up. I just kept doing my work," he said. "She speed walks over to me, yells at me to get up. She wanted to know why. I told her that I don't pledge to a flag. I pledge to God and to my family."..........

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:50 pm 
Board Emeritus

Detroit Lions fan who posted racist Snapchat surrenders season tickets

tell you what I just cannot understand the anger that drives this. its hard to imagine how people relate superiority to other Americans by way of the flag. #7 is right, that same sacrifice that so humbles us is worthy of our insistence that its dignity be honored in how governing power and officials treat its citizens.

If the citizens of this country were worthy of better government, they would have better government. The psychopathology that drives virile racism is closely related to the psychopathology that gives us the kind of government we deserve.