Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: F#ck the NFL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

This NE game is being refed so one sided. Calling everything on Jax and calling nothing on NE. At this point 7 of NE's points are thanks to bad calls and if NE scores on this drive and takes a 4th quarter lead it will make that total 10 to 14.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

Post subject: Re: F#ck the NFL
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Imo, umpiring quality in MLB is far superior to both the NFL and the NBA. Holding could be called on every play in the NFL and traveling on virtually every play in the NBA.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

The NFL has a vested monetary interest in making sure the Pats are Super Bowl champions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

The NFL has a vested monetary interest in making sure the Pats are Super Bowl champions.

Not champs but for TV ratings they need a team from the northeast in the Super Bowl. With the Jets and Giants being so bad that leaves the Pats.

In the AFC championship game there were 5 critical calls. 2 no call and 3 bad calls. All 5 went against Jacksonville and 3 of the 5 individually not collectively would have changed the outcome of the game.

Before I started trucking I had a super bowl party every year. One year after starting trucking I quit a job because they didn't get me home on super bowl sunday. Since then I have either made sure I was home, gotten a hotel room or taken a cab to a bar to watch the game. When the NFL starts losing people like me they are in trouble.

This year I am going to be home and while I wont say I am not going to watch the game I have no special plans and may not watch it. It is not because the Pats are in the game , it is because while I don't mind losing I cannot tolerate being cheated. Which is what happened to Jacksonville, they were cheated out of their chance to play in the super bowl. The way the game was called they had zero chance of winning.

Sad to watch the NFL kill its own brand. The poor handling of the protests, the black balling of Kaepernick, the Zeke Elliot suspension and now the obvious bias in calling a game.....sigh

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

the entire sooper bowl thing is ...has...become so bor-ing with the same pats bullshit year by year.

yawn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

Not champs but for TV ratings they need a team from the northeast in the Super Bowl. With the Jets and Giants being so bad that leaves the Pats.

In the AFC championship game there were 5 critical calls. 2 no call and 3 bad calls. All 5 went against Jacksonville and 3 of the 5 individually not collectively would have changed the outcome of the game.

Before I started trucking I had a super bowl party every year. One year after starting trucking I quit a job because they didn't get me home on super bowl sunday. Since then I have either made sure I was home, gotten a hotel room or taken a cab to a bar to watch the game. When the NFL starts losing people like me they are in trouble.

This year I am going to be home and while I wont say I am not going to watch the game I have no special plans and may not watch it. It is not because the Pats are in the game , it is because while I don't mind losing I cannot tolerate being cheated. Which is what happened to Jacksonville, they were cheated out of their chance to play in the super bowl. The way the game was called they had zero chance of winning.

Sad to watch the NFL kill its own brand. The poor handling of the protests, the black balling of Kaepernick, the Zeke Elliot suspension and now the obvious bias in calling a game.....sigh

The last time I watched a Superbowl game I recall that I was unfamiliar with the names of both of the teams. I asked my sister who are these teams. I don't recall how many years ago that was though.

I do remember the last time I turned on the set and dialed the tuner to the correct station so I could watch the game. It sure has been a log time since TV's had those numbered dial tuners that clicked when turned.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

I highly doubt that there is a conspiracy to keep the patriots in the super bowl.

The major problem with all sports is money. Not what they pay athletes or what the owners make but rather the impact on the quality of the games overall. NFL's so-called parity is horseshit. The NBA allows players to stack teams. MLB has a couple of teams capable of buying championships. If anyone thinks that MLS won't have the same problem should it ever attain the stature of the other professional sports they are smoking dope.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

> money in sports

One of the things that burned me out on football was the officiating. Certain teams do tend to get more breaks than others. The correlation does seem to be rather high with the TV rating potential of the teams getting said breaks.

If anything, it's worse in college football.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:03 pm 
Board Emeritus

There's always been obvious bias in the NFL officiating, and in everything else the NFL does. Fer chrissakes, it's an entertainment business, to make money. It's not about athletic integrity. There's really not that much difference between them and the WWE, or whatever they call themselves these days.

If you EVER thought the game wasn't rigged, glen, then you were duped, played for a fool.

Hell, the new Las Vegas team? They are going to be the league darlings, because the gambling money is such an important part of the league.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

There's always been obvious bias in the NFL officiating, and in everything else the NFL does. Fer chrissakes, it's an entertainment business, to make money. It's not about athletic integrity. There's really not that much difference between them and the WWE, or whatever they call themselves these days.

If you EVER thought the game wasn't rigged, glen, then you were duped, played for a fool.

Hell, the new Las Vegas team? They are going to be the league darlings, because the gambling money is such an important part of the league.

A Las Vegas team, good! :) I've been hoping someone would get around to building a proper Roman Coliseum for the games. Las Vegas will.

Now maybe we'll see some Lions and fighting Bears added to the games for more excitment. Maybe they'll even crucify some Christians during the half time shows.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

You'll soon have an alternative. It was before, and apparently will be again.

See, apparently the problem with the NFL is too many rules and regs for safety, and the cheerleaders don't flash enough. OK, maybe he won't focus on that this time.

But, this league pays you to win, beeyotch.

Vince McMahon: XFL to return in 2020 without gimmicks
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2221 ... eturn-2020

WWE founder and chairman Vince McMahon announced Thursday he is giving a professional football league another go.

It will be called the XFL, the same name of the league McMahon and NBC tried for one season in 2001, but it won't rely on flashy cheerleaders and antics as its predecessor did, he said.

[snip]

As for the timing of the announcement, two years before the league's debut, many might point to McMahon's relationship with President Donald Trump, who this fall criticized the NFL for allowing its players to kneel and sit during the national anthem. McMahon said players in his league will not be given the forum to take a personal stance while on the playing field. McMahon's wife, Linda, heads the Small Business Administration in Trump's Cabinet.

"People don't want social and political issues coming into play when they are trying to be entertained," McMahon said. "We want someone who wants to take a knee to do their version of that on their personal time."

Despite his relationship with President Trump, McMahon told reporters he had "no idea whether President Trump will support this."

[snip]

Then will come selection of players for the 40-man rosters. Salaries will be determined, but McMahon said players will make more money for winning.

"To me that's common sense," McMahon said. "Everyone in America lives when they perform, they get a raise or bonus. That's capitalism."

[snip][end]

... BTW, McMahon once faced sexual assault charges, but prosecutors dropped them.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3782035

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

In Donald Trump's America, maybe the time has came for the XFL to be successful.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

A Las Vegas team, good! :) I've been hoping someone would get around to building a proper Roman Coliseum for the games. Las Vegas will.

Now maybe we'll see some Lions and fighting Bears added to the games for more excitment. Maybe they'll even crucify some Christians during the half time shows.

You know, a Roman collosseum/ coliseum/ Flavian Amphitheater in Vegas is a great idea! I like it!

If post-modern Amerikkka is going to be an oligarchy with panem et circenses to keep the lower classes docile, then why not go for it? The building in Rome is a great structure with excellent sight lines. If not for earthquakes and people using it as a rock quarry, it would probably look pretty much the same now as when the losers got a sword through their chests.

Since it's so well-engineered, let's just find a few million cubic feet of good strong stone and duplicate it. There are no earthquakes in Vegas. Hell, they already have an Eiffel Tower and an Enterprise bridge. A collosseum would finish the job.

My only question is whether the slave dungeons, oops sorry, dressing rooms under the floor should be duplicated. Personally, I think that area should be left open so they can take up the floor and flood what's underneath for the simulated sea battles that got such high ratings in ancient Rome. I'd pay to see that.

I think the building got a bad press on the Christians vs lions thing. Not that Rome didn't feed plenty of Christians to hungry lions, but really now, there's no proof they did it at the Colosseum. That's Papal fake news. Anyway, you don't want to piss off the animal rights activists. Lions deserve better food than whatever we'd give them. Muslims, maybe? Or DREAMers? Naah, too skinny.

I think we have a go project here.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

You know, a Roman collosseum/ coliseum/ Flavian Amphitheater in Vegas is a great idea! I like it!

If post-modern Amerikkka is going to be an oligarchy with panem et circenses to keep the lower classes docile, then why not go for it? The building in Rome is a great structure with excellent sight lines. If not for earthquakes and people using it as a rock quarry, it would probably look pretty much the same now as when the losers got a sword through their chests.

Since it's so well-engineered, let's just find a few million cubic feet of good strong stone and duplicate it. There are no earthquakes in Vegas. Hell, they already have an Eiffel Tower and an Enterprise bridge. A collosseum would finish the job.

My only question is whether the slave dungeons, oops sorry, dressing rooms under the floor should be duplicated. Personally, I think that area should be left open so they can take up the floor and flood what's underneath for the simulated sea battles that got such high ratings in ancient Rome. I'd pay to see that.

I think the building got a bad press on the Christians vs lions thing. Not that Rome didn't feed plenty of Christians to hungry lions, but really now, there's no proof they did it at the Colosseum. That's Papal fake news. Anyway, you don't want to piss off the animal rights activists. Lions deserve better food than whatever we'd give them. Muslims, maybe? Or DREAMers? Naah, too skinny.

I think we have a go project here.

:D I forgot about the sea battles. Yes, let's put the dressing rooms somewhere else.