The Yes 4 Minneapolis charter amendment, explained

News and events of the day
Bludogdem

Re: The Yes 4 Minneapolis charter amendment, explained

Post by Bludogdem »

Drak wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:49 am These cities were used as right wing props during the protests, and for a reason. They were heavily infiltrated by right wing groups during the protests.
These cities were easy pickings because of the defund stance. Infiltrations had nothing to do with with the knee jerk defund rhetoric and actions. All that is on us.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:10 am i get that Drak. Unfortunately, the Democratic party, as a whole, are not very vocal when it comes to selling their opposition to Defund the Police. The GOP, of course, is taking advantage of that.
You guys fell for GOP disinformation about defund the police n the same way you fell for disinformation about migrant caravans, Kyle Rittenhouse, and critical race theory.

In a different era, the same marks fell for gay marriage destroying the fabric of society, and Willie Horton coming for your daughters.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:54 am These cities were easy pickings because of the defund stance. Infiltrations had nothing to do with with the knee jerk defund rhetoric and actions. All that is on us.
The majority of the party doesn't support a defund the police platform. That's RW disinformation. Cities like Portland were used as a stage because of its reputation of being a left wing city with a small group of people who call themselves "ANTIFA." Right wing groups infiltrated the city and caused mayhem and made propaganda videos that spread over social media.

By us, I have no clue who you're referring to.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:54 am These cities were easy pickings because of the defund stance. Infiltrations had nothing to do with with the knee jerk defund rhetoric and actions. All that is on us.
It’s hilarious to me that rather than blame white backlash culture for being so susceptible to propaganda, it’s apparently a lot easier to scapegoat the Democratic Party, which doesn’t even support defund the police.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 am The majority of the party doesn't support a defund the police platform. That's RW disinformation. Cities like Portland were used as a stage because of its reputation of being a left wing city with a small group of people who call themselves "ANTIFA." Right wing groups infiltrated the city and caused mayhem and made propaganda videos that spread over social media.

I guess by “us” he must mean people who are silent on police brutality and murder, including police brutality in cities like Portland. :roll:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:46 am The Democratic Party was simply too scared to challenge the knee jerk reaction.
{chuckle}That's a nice way of saying it.

The Republican party has the same problem, eh.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:21 am {chuckle}That's a nice way of saying it.

^this is coming from the crew who’s too frightened to challenge you guys’ Archie Bunker relatives one day a year at Thanksgiving.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Who is "us"?
bradman

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:44 am Knee jerk reactions are very dangerous in politics. And those reactions leave a stain that takes a few years to clean. Cities like Portland, Seattle, and Austin didn’t help.
Ya, i dunno if Mpls. is comparable to the rest of them. It's odd that, it all started in Mpls, and yet we haven't come close to seeing what the likes of Portland have had to put up with during the last year. Instead we here put it through the political process and left it up to a referendum. The referendum failed. The vision didn't sell. Now the question is, can we get back to reality?
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:30 am Who is "us"?
Defund? sigh

Consider WHERE you are hearing RIDICULOUS comments about defund or CRT etc., consider how MAINSTREAM these lies are getting.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:18 pm Ya, i dunno if Mpls. is comparable to the rest of them. It's odd that, it all started in Mpls, and yet we haven't come close to seeing what the likes of Portland have had to put up with during the last year. Instead we here put it through the political process and left it up to a referendum. The referendum failed. The vision didn't sell. Now the question is, can we get back to reality?
"what Portland had to put up with..."

Federal Officers Use Unmarked Vehicles To Grab People In Portland, DHS Confirms - NPR

Where was your critique of "Portland" when this hit the news?

Oh wait...defending Kyle Rittenhouse. Nevermind.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:17 pm Defund? sigh

Consider WHERE you are hearing RIDICULOUS comments about defund or CRT etc., consider how MAINSTREAM these lies are getting.
We've been watching this creep-up since the Bush43 admin. Then the tea party knee-jerkers against Obama. Then the Trump backlash against the Obama presidency. Now, the handwringing over CRT and defund, neither of which exist in public policy.

It is really easy to dupe these stupid conservative whites. All you have to do it tell them the Blacks are coming for their stuff. Works every time.

Lmao I love how these gaslit guys who are the target market for white-backlash wares think they are in a position to lecture the dems. It's about like a Confederate flag owner telling me this is not a racist country :lol: :lol: :lol:.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

Drak wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 am The majority of the party doesn't support a defund the police platform. That's RW disinformation. Cities like Portland were used as a stage because of its reputation of being a left wing city with a small group of people who call themselves "ANTIFA." Right wing groups infiltrated the city and caused mayhem and made propaganda videos that spread over social media.

In my neck of the woods the Blue Dog is common. And we aren’t fond of fools who give repubs free ammo.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

Libertas wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:17 pm Defund? sigh

We handed defund to them on a silver platter.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:21 am {chuckle}That's a nice way of saying it.

Both parties are actually expert at foot shooting.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:43 pm In my neck of the woods the Blue Dog is common. And we aren’t fond of fools who give repubs free ammo.
Funny, before you were in independent conservative. Now you're a bluedog. Hilarious.

gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:43 pm In my neck of the woods the Blue Dog is common. And we aren’t fond of fools who give repubs free ammo.
Neck of the woods?

And still waiting for you to define what a “Blue Dog Democrat” is.
bradman

Post by bradman »

For just once it'd be nice to stick to the subject.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:23 pm For just once it'd be nice to stick to the subject.
No one is off-topic here.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Blue Grass wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:43 pm In my neck of the woods the Blue Dog is common. And we aren’t fond of fools who give repubs free ammo.
So-called blue dogs gleefully hand over free ammo to not just repubs but any type of conservative, starting with the conservative whites you're afraid of, and are trying to impress.

You're known for this behavior, and it's your general purpose.

Because: that's what you guys are. It's not simply that you're cousins with "repubs." "Repubs" and Blue Dogs are one in the same.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

bradman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:23 pm For just once it'd be nice to stick to the subject.
Oh? Is that why you and Sam often drive threads off topic by posting pictures of trucks, etc.? Come on man.

bradman

Post by bradman »

Drak wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:38 pm Oh? Is that why you and Sam often drive threads off topic by posting pictures of trucks, etc.? Come on man.
So we are comparing a polite conversation about trucks to a diversion with personal attacks, eh? Come on dude.

i dunno bout you but i'm tired of the circular firing squad Drak. We have to quit shooting at each other.
Drak

Post by Drak »

bradman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:15 pm So we are comparing a polite conversation about trucks to a diversion with personal attacks, eh? Come on dude.

i dunno bout you but i'm tired of the circular firing squad Drak. We have to quit shooting at each other.
What's the difference? A "polite conversation" in a political thread about the attack on the Capital. If you're going to complain about threads going off topic then you shouldn't be doing it either. And you guys have done that a fair bit. So it just seems pretty hypocritical.

gounion

Post by gounion »

You know, the day you say that to Sam, is the day you can say it to me.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

How many times today on THIS BOARD was McAuliffe wrongly accused of supporting defunding police?
I sigh in your general direction.