Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

As if.

Germany got a bad deal in WWII. Let's station armies in France and Germany and do that last part again. Oh, and definitely un-nuke Japan and have it out the old fashioned way.

Seemed like both playoffs were decided by official's calls. So what? Since when have games between closely matched teams not ended up that way? I can think of some real boners in UCLA-U$C games, and funny, they always seem to favor U$C.

I hate when these big games are decided by what is and isn't called, but what else is new? In this case, they were missing flagrant fouls in both games pretty much as a matter of course. Seems like when it gets this big, they try not to call as many.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:19 pm 
Board Emeritus

I know about the horribly missed interference call in the NFC but which specific play are you referring to in the game where the nazis won?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Pretty much the whole 4th quarter on the AFC, which was a befuddling series of challenges and endless discussions of what touched what when. Not so much uncalled fouls, though those abounded, but those endless replays from ambiguous camera angles in a largely futile attempt to decide what was a reception and what wasn't. I realize that coaches make a lot of money for finding any advantage the rules will give them, but if I wanted debate I'd watch C-SPAN.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

Pretty much the whole 4th quarter on the AFC, which was a befuddling series of challenges and endless discussions of what touched what when. Not so much uncalled fouls, though those abounded, but those endless replays from ambiguous camera angles in a largely futile attempt to decide what was a reception and what wasn't. I realize that coaches make a lot of money for finding any advantage the rules will give them, but if I wanted debate I'd watch C-SPAN.

I became so distraught realizing the nazis were gonna end up winning again I turned it off and just waited for my son to text me the inevitable result.

I so wanted to watch Mahomes and I think he may go down as the all time greatest if he stays healthy...SURELY prefer that to all this talk about how great the nazi QB is. Personally, for me, the greatest of all time is

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

and the most fun to watch was

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

this whole entire money-maker "sport" is not a 'sport' anymore, its just a big money laundering ring.

its become so bo-ring. yawn.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'd call it more of an extortion ring. The only difference is that those being extorted for seat licenses and high ticket costs on top of that seem to like it. Viewers at home don't seem to mind the commercials breaking up the continuity of the game.

I much prefer to watch the Premier League soccer on NBCSN. So far they've managed to keep the actual play in a continuous flow, sans commercials. They plaster sponsor logos all over the stadium and players instead.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

I'd call it more of an extortion ring. The only difference is that those being extorted for seat licenses and high ticket costs on top of that seem to like it. Viewers at home don't seem to mind the commercials breaking up the continuity of the game.

I much prefer to watch the Premier League soccer on NBCSN. So far they've managed to keep the actual play in a continuous flow, sans commercials. They plaster sponsor logos all over the stadium and players instead.

this entire 'patriots' thingy is hard to follow. they get to the big one they win it and then the same thing happens
year after year, so, whats the thrill?
i dont get it.

next brady will run for prez and prolly win. somehow. his ball passing will hit the WH and there he goes in the door.
seems as tho anyone can walk in and take over the country.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:45 am 
Board Emeritus

Part of the problem is people make mistakes. Instead of the Chiefs and the Saints playing in the Super Bowl it will be the Rams and Patriots because of bad officiating. But that's the breaks of the game and to replay the 4th quarter of either game is ridiculous.

BTW, I was rooting for the Chiefs and Saints to win and instead I got the Rams and Patriots. Maybe I should root for the Patriots to ensure they don't win.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:09 pm 
Board Emeritus

Good idea. I'm sick of New England in the super bowl. I'm even sicker of them winning it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

We were in the Little Friends thrift shop in Naperville, IL today. Right by the front door was a cardboard box. In it a half dozen partially deflated footballs. Sign on the box...

Brady footballs $3 each.

BUT YOU'RE NOT RACIST....EXCEPT WHEN YOU ARE.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 11:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Somewhere NEM is happy. Peace to you wherever you are, Mike

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.