teck??

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
rainwater

teck??

Post by rainwater »

i guess teck goes here...idk.

its xmas era again and the net is nearly useless. everyone i know is bitching about the net even in Canada.
mine rarely works early evenings, and mornings it acts like its trying to figure out what it sppsd to do. :roll:

dont we have some...thing...some..machine-thing on a distant planet, is it called MARS?
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
ZoWie

Re: teck??

Post by ZoWie »

Mars has a different sort of bandwidth issue, related to the 2-way travel time of radio waves at this distance. You can send up commands, go to lunch, and come back in time to see if your spacecraft got them OK. Everything's in batch mode, and bandwidth is severely constrained. They have to schedule everything. Also the Martian day is just different enough that the schedule moves slowly through our day, going in and out of sync with normal work hours. Matt Golombek for years wore two watches, one for Earth and one modified for Mars.

Point is that 5 billion people are not all trying to communicate all at once. The Internet is interactive mode, and stuff gets slow. We're near a fiber backbone, and even so this board really slows down in December. I imagine it's worse away from large cities.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

ZoWie wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:05 pm Mars has a different sort of bandwidth issue, related to the 2-way travel time of radio waves at this distance. You can send up commands, go to lunch, and come back in time to see if your spacecraft got them OK. Everything's in batch mode, and bandwidth is severely constrained. They have to schedule everything. Also the Martian day is just different enough that the schedule moves slowly through our day, going in and out of sync with normal work hours. Matt Golombek for years wore two watches, one for Earth and one modified for Mars.

Point is that 5 billion people are not all trying to communicate all at once. The Internet is interactive mode, and stuff gets slow. We're near a fiber backbone, and even so this board really slows down in December. I imagine it's worse away from large cities.
yah, i get all that.
we do tho have fucking machine on MARS yet i spent 4 HOURS on the phone with ATT today cuz the new unit
wont fuking hook up.

yah. global domination and all.
Who are these..flag-sucking halfwits fleeced fooled by stupid little rich kids They speak for all that is cruel stupid They are racists hate mongers I piss down the throats of these Nazis Im too old to worry whether they like it. Fuck them.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

five..fucking hours on the phone will diff ATT fucks and im back to using the old screen busted unit and have to
return the NEW one to store and WAIT for new shipping replacement.

they have a machine on MARS.....yet no net in my area on a dumb lil machine.

sigh.

does anyone think they actually want all these humans to survive....,?...srsly...?....

yah. have a nuther beer, blowbert.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

innernet generally, and again, so bad at this time of year i dont bother using it.
it is aggravating and im not doing that to myself.
HST.
rainwater

Post by rainwater »

fuck teck.

holly day time and the innternets are not worth a fucking shit.
oh gosh, cuz its busy??
fuk that. they have a machine on mars.

total bullshit. im done for now.
HST.