Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
It never ceases to amaze me, these drafts......While I chose Arizona's Derrick Williams to go #1, there were many more surprises I did not expect. There was also a very high number of international influence in this draft. Commentators were asking..."Could it be the Dirk effect" in reference to the champion Dallas Mavericks' star from Germany, Dirk Nowitski. I also thought that the 2011 NCAA champion University of Connecticut star point guard Kemba Walker would go sooner than he did at #9 to the Charlotte Bobcats, but he seems to be pretty happy there, and felt honored to be chosen by the team whose front office has the greatest NBA player to play the game in Michael Jordan who was very impressed with this young player. Now we can look forward to a great season....that's if there's no lock-out!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:33 am 
Policy Wonk

To be honest with you, I would rather watch a guy get a haircut than watch the NBA draft. Just a bunch of hot dogging hambones that play the game in such a way that Dr. Naismith would turn over in his grave if he saw them.

Personally, I would like to see them raise the basket up to another two feet and get rid of those dunks and crap and get back to playing the game the way it was intended.

And what about "traveling" Does that not exist anymore, or "palming" the ball?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
To be honest with you, I would rather watch a guy get a haircut than watch the NBA draft. Just a bunch of hot dogging hambones that play the game in such a way that Dr. Naismith would turn over in his grave if he saw them.

Personally, I would like to see them raise the basket up to another two feet and get rid of those dunks and crap and get back to playing the game the way it was intended.

Why the curmudgeonly attitude toward professional sports? You don't like NFL players and now it appears that you don't like NBA players, either.
There are many people, such as Ilise and I, who enjoy these sports and are not fixated on a single team or player. Because of this, we look forward to drafts, trades - even when they don't appear to directly impact our "favorite" team (because the strength of other teams does impact "our" team(s)).
Why bother being a faithful fan of the Celtics or the Patriots if you despise the players for being "hotdogging hambones" or opportunistic grabbers that are driving owners to the poor house, depending on the sport?
I just don't understand....
Sallie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:39 pm 

NEM wrote:

I think there is an all white league i read about a few months ago...thats what you mean right? Dunks are illegal, and their claim to fame is "Basketball the way it was intended". hmmm...

"People will come out and support a product they can identify with. I'm the spoken minority right now, but if people will give us a chance, it'll work... The white game of basketball, which is essentially a fundamental game, works."

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/20 ... 3760.shtml

Back to the fundamentals.... maybe someone will start an all white football league for you too..no more of those hotdoggers....

Don't tell me Glennon or a rookie is better.

Last edited by Tarmacian on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Tarmacian wrote:
NEM wrote:

I think there is an all white league i read about a few months ago...thats what you mean right? no Dunks are illegal, and claim to fame is "Basketball the way it was intended". hmmm...

"People will come out and support a product they can identify with. I'm the spoken minority right now, but if people will give us a chance, it'll work... The white game of basketball, which is essentially a fundamental game, works."

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/20 ... 3760.shtml

Back to the fundamentals.... maybe spmeone will start an all white football league for you too..no more of those hotdoggers....

LOL!
Is there also a league in which only people under 6' can play? That would sure keep out those hotdogging slamdunkers. You wouldn't have to ban dunking, 'cause anybody under 6' tall who could slam on a 10' basket would be a stand-out....

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:04 pm 
Board Emeritus

cqsallie wrote:
LOL!
Is there also a league in which only people under 6' can play? That would sure keep out those hotdogging slamdunkers. You wouldn't have to ban dunking, 'cause anybody under 6' tall who could slam on a 10' basket would be a stand-out....

I'm not as nasty about it as NEM, but I too don't like the way pro basketball is played, and I'm not too crazy about college. No one plays defense anymore, no one passes the ball.

I'll tell you where you can still see great shooting, passing and defense, folks that use the fundamentals when playing.

Women's basketball. I consider it superior.

GoU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

Tarmacian wrote:
I think there is an all white league i read about a few months ago...thats what you mean right? Dunks are illegal, and their claim to fame is "Basketball the way it was intended". hmmm...
Back to the fundamentals.... maybe someone will start an all white football league for you too..no more of those hotdoggers....

I never heard of that league and personally, I couldnt give a crap if there was one, or wasnt one. Basketball of today relies on ONE BIG MAN in the middle that can, virtually, control the entire game, both on offense and on defense. Team play has become a spectre. The Celtics, for one, play more of a team game, and I assume that there are other NBA teams that try to do the same.

As far as hot doggers go, there are black ones, there are white ones, and more than likely some in between... but as I said, the game of today is a "one man" game, for the most part. Where would the Heat, for example, be without LeBron James? Where has Cleveland been without him compared to where they were with him?

There is an old saying about how to watch an NBA basketball game. It is said that you watch the last two minutes only. That will give you all you need to know about the game at hand. And, BTW, it usually takes almost a half hour, in many cases, to play those last two minutes.

You can say whatever you want about black or white, but the fact remains that the NBA game, and in many instances the college game, has become a haven for players that like to ham it up and hot dog it up, intentionally.

Yes, these guys are very talented and as far as I am concerned would better serve the game by utilizing their talents without the sideshow.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:55 pm 
Policy Wonk

cqsallie wrote:

Yeah, the joke called the WNBA.

Oh, and BTW, before you jump on me for that comment, those women are very talented players, for females, and I, for one, if I were physically able, would not want to go onto the court and play against them. They have a lot of talent for female players.

But if one watched them very closely, it is very easy to see the difference in the quality and the abilities by comparison to the NBA. It is what it is.....

Now, ladies hockey players...... :lol: Thats another story for another tiime. :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:24 pm 

NEM wrote:
Tarmacian wrote:

I never heard of that league and personally, I couldnt give a crap if there was one, or wasnt one. Basketball of today relies on ONE BIG MAN in the middle that can, virtually, control the entire game, both on offense and on defense. Team play has become a spectre. The Celtics, for one, play more of a team game, and I assume that there are other NBA teams that try to do the same.

As far as hot doggers go, there are black ones, there are white ones, and more than likely some in between... but as I said, the game of today is a "one man" game, for the most part. Where would the Heat, for example, be without LeBron James? Where has Cleveland been without him compared to where they were with him?

There is an old saying about how to watch an NBA basketball game. It is said that you watch the last two minutes only. That will give you all you need to know about the game at hand. And, BTW, it usually takes almost a half hour, in many cases, to play those last two minutes.

You can say whatever you want about black or white, but the fact remains that the NBA game, and in many instances the college game, has become a haven for players that like to ham it up and hot dog it up, intentionally.

Yes, these guys are very talented and as far as I am concerned would better serve the game by utilizing their talents without the sideshow.

The league is 85% black, who are these white hotdoggers you speak of? except for "White Chocolate". Jason Williams. No Dunks? who the hell would watch that? I referred to the All White league because he says the same things about Basketball as you do..nobody is going back to chest passes and no dunks....short shorts either. Don't try to make it like i'm just talking about Race, but what players are you talking about then?

[youtube]EYnW07d062g[/youtube]

White Chocolate

Last edited by Tarmacian on Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:

Oh, and BTW, before you jump on me for that comment, those women are very talented players, for females, and I, for one, if I were physically able, would not want to go onto the court and play against them. They have a lot of talent for female players.

But if one watched them very closely, it is very easy to see the difference in the quality and the abilities by comparison to the NBA. It is what it is.....

Now, ladies hockey players...... :lol: Thats another story for another tiime. :roll:

I have lots of respect for the WNBA, and for women's college basketball. They've came a long way. I'll bet that today's women athletes could beat any men's team brought from the 1950's.

Yes, men are bigger and stronger. But the WNBA and women's college basketball is a purer form of basketball, where it's still a team sport, and you play defense as well as offense. This is really the first generation. Where will they be in 20 years? Time will tell. They get better every year.

Gotta respect that.

GoU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:46 pm 

The WNBA is getting better, and sorry to say NEM but some are starting to DUNK!!!ARGHHHHHH
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube]YLXzRmSTiVk[/youtube]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:20 am 
Policy Wonk

Tarmacian wrote:
The WNBA is getting better, and sorry to say NEM but some are starting to DUNK!!!ARGHHHHHH
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[youtube]YLXzRmSTiVk[/youtube]

We need to go back to the days of the empty peach basket nailed to a tree. :lol:

Hey look, I say what I say because I go back to the great days of the origins of the NBA... i could care less what color the players are... I just do not like the idea of slams, dunks and all that crap.

When Dr Naismith invented the game, and sure, things were very different then, he invented the idea of actually shooting the basketball through the air and into the basket, not jumping so high that your hand can palm the ball abnd dunk it down into the basket instead of actually shooting it.

Sure, these guys are very talented, but they have changed the game into what I think takes away from the intent of how it was intended to be played.

As far as I am concerned, basketball, like all sports evolve with time and with the changes in the levels of what the players are capable of doing, and the time has come, as far as I am concerned, to raise the basket by at least one foot, maybe two, go back to calling the travel rule as it supposed to be called, and put the word "team" back into the game.

Sorry, but that is how I see it.

The slam dunk has created what I call a lot of hambones, hot dogging instead of basketball players. BTW, hambone and hot dogging has no race applied to it's use. They are terms that have been used for many, many years. Why? I have no idea.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:45 am 

Quote:
As far as I am concerned, basketball, like all sports evolve with time and with the changes in the levels of what the players are capable of doing, and the time has come, as far as I am concerned, to raise the basket by at least one foot, maybe two, go back to calling the travel rule as it supposed to be called, and put the word "team" back into the game.

You just said it yourself basketball keeps EVOLVING..these guys are getting taller, and stronger, Dunks make sure easy points are made..higher percentage than shooting the ball, in close games, its a given...why take the chance of missing a shot when you can be SURE you make it.. its also for entertainment value, puts butts in seats, you think anyone wants to see Dwight Howard SHOOT??? go ahead and raise the basket, these guys will STILL dunk, they have hops...there is room for all....Dallas plays as a team they won the championship this year..San antonio plays as a team they have won MULTIPLE titles....just to name a couple....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:19 am 
Policy Wonk

Tarmacian wrote:
Quote:

You just said it yourself basketball keeps EVOLVING..these guys are getting taller, and stronger, Dunks make sure easy points are made..higher percentage than shooting the ball, in close games, its a given...why take the chance of missing a shot when you can be SURE you make it.. its also for entertainment value, puts butts in seats, you think anyone wants to see Dwight Howard SHOOT??? go ahead and raise the basket, these guys will STILL dunk, they have hops...there is room for all....Dallas plays as a team they won the championship this year..San antonio plays as a team they have won MULTIPLE titles....just to name a couple....

[center]RAISE THE BASKET TWO FEET[/center]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:27 am 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
[center]RAISE THE BASKET TWO FEET[/center]

Maybe so. I'm only 5'10" and in high school I could ALMOST get a dunk - I could get my palm above the basket. I remember getting called for goaltending - one of the proudest moments of my life! Of course, it was a church league - I wasn't good enough for the school team. But I did love to play basketball.

I had a great and unique layup - straight ahead on the basket, roll it off my fingers, didn't touch the backboard or the rim, nothing but net, and it was automatic, I never missed on a layup. I worked on that for months.

Ah, the old times...

GoU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:31 pm 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
cqsallie wrote:

Now you've done it! You have succeeded in riling me to the max. "For females???!!! For females???!!!"
It may surprise you to hear that the men who appreciate WNBA players the most are men who have either played b-ball on the college/pro level, or are currently doing so. Bring up the names Danielle Adams or Maya Moore among these men and you won't hear that "they're good for females."
Sallie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:16 pm 
Policy Wonk

cqsallie wrote:
Now you've done it! You have succeeded in riling me to the max. "For females???!!! For females???!!!"
It may surprise you to hear that the men who appreciate WNBA players the most are men who have either played b-ball on the college/pro level, or are currently doing so. Bring up the names Danielle Adams or Maya Moore among these men and you won't hear that "they're good for females."
Sallie

Well, that's true.... they are good, very good....for females.

Let me give you a couple of examples as to how women athletes are given breaks that male athletes do not get.

1: Tennis. In major tournaments, like Wimbledon, US open, etc... men have to play the best three out of five sets while women play the best two out of three. And, both male and female champions receive the same amount of prize money. Is that fair?

2: Golf: Women's tees are closer to the green than men's tees.

3: Womens basketball... the ball is smaller.

Now, don't get me wrong, the women that play these sports are excellent female athletes, but for the most part, a long time sports fan that watches games intently for many, many years, can see the difference in quality immediately.

There is a degree of awarkdness in the way women play these games.

BTW, I do prefer watching female tennis more so than mens, and it's not because of those cutesy little tennis skirts.

The Mens game has deteriorated down to who can serve at 110 MPH or greater. An awful lot of points end as an "ace" because the receiving player isn't fast enough to catch up with a small ball blazing past him at Indianapolis 500 speed.

At least in the women's game there are several long back and forth volleys and strategy being used. It makes it a better game to watch than the mens, IMO.

I played a lot of tennis and really loved it. I didnt start playing till age 50 and only because my apartment faced out to the tennis court and I watched a lot and finally went out, bought a racket and tried to play.
I got pretty good and at the Mountain View Tennis Club they told me to get into a league and play singles. They put me in Grade C.

Well, the first year I won the singles championship, have a nice carved glass trophy and they elevated me to Grade B for the next tourney. I had mny heart attack and have not played since. Scared. I miss it.

I coached hockey till age fifty but when the platers could skate rings around me at twice the speed, it was time to quit the game I loved all my life. Back in Boston I was a certified AHAUS referee. Also umpired high school baseball.

So, you can see, I am far more than a casual fan, and I am sorry, but I just do not enjoy women's basketball, and other women's team sports. Not that they aren't talented, but there is a degree of the playing that just seems awkward so many times.

Its just my opinion, but I still believe that female body structure is not condusive to the playing of some of these team sports.

I believe that would be a fair, and honest, opinion to have.

BTW, I expected your response. You didnt disappoint me. But, we are still friends, right? :D

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
cqsallie wrote:
Sallie

Let me give you a couple of examples as to how women athletes are given breaks that male athletes do not get.

1: Tennis. In major tournaments, like Wimbledon, US open, etc... men have to play the best three out of five sets while women play the best two out of three. And, both male and female champions receive the same amount of prize money. Is that fair?

Now, don't get me wrong, the women that play these sports are excellent female athletes, but for the most part, a long time sports fan that watches games intently for many, many years, can see the difference in quality immediately.

BTW, I do prefer watching female tennis more so than mens, and it's not because of those cutesy little tennis skirts.

The Mens game has deteriorated down to who can serve at 110 MPH or greater. An awful lot of points end as an "ace" because the receiving player isn't fast enough to catch up with a small ball blazing past him at Indianapolis 500 speed.

At least in the women's game there are several long back and forth volleys and strategy being used. It makes it a better game to watch than the mens, IMO.

I played a lot of tennis and really loved it. I didnt start playing till age 50 and only because my apartment faced out to the tennis court and I watched a lot and finally went out, bought a racket and tried to play.
I got pretty good and at the Mountain View Tennis Club they told me to get into a league and play singles. They put me in Grade C.

Well, the first year I won the singles championship, have a nice carved glass trophy and they elevated me to Grade B for the next tourney. I had mny heart attack and have not played since. Scared. I miss it.

I coached hockey till age fifty but when the platers could skate rings around me at twice the speed, it was time to quit the game I loved all my life. Back in Boston I was a certified AHAUS referee. Also umpired high school baseball.

So, you can see, I am far more than a casual fan, and I am sorry, but I just do not enjoy women's basketball, and other women's team sports. Not that they aren't talented, but there is a degree of the playing that just seems awkward so many times.

Its just my opinion, but I still believe that female body structure is not condusive to the playing of some of these team sports.

BTW, I expected your response. You didnt disappoint me. But, we are still friends, right? :D

I've got to disagree, on almost all points. It's obvious, at the very heights of human capability, that men are stronger than women, and have a different skeletal system. But the differences aren't as you say. Bobby Riggs thought as you, and he had his ego shoved up his ass by Billy Jean King.

Women were told for years they weren't able to play, and they weren't supposed to play. Luckily, today, they don't listen to folks like you. Thanks to the groundbreaking 1972 Title IX, we have the first generation of women that grew up with something resembling a decent chance at good coaching and funding to really learn a sport. The strides this generation has made is astounding.

One of the things I found to be humorous is how women would coach college basketball, because it was seen as such a joke. But the quality of competition has risen so much that fans show up that aren't just friends and relatives of the players, and now there's real money, so NOW the men want to coach, and drive women out of another path for women to be able to make a living at their beloved sport.

When I was a kid, one of the biggest insult you could throw, aside from "faggot", was "you throw like a girl".

I watch women's college softball on TV, and that insult is no longer operative.

I don't have the exact statistics, and I could be wrong, but I think in most sports, the elites of women can best all but the top 5% of male athletes. In other words, I'd love to see a the top women's college basketball team play a decent men's high school team. It might be quite competitive.

Women can play sports at an extremely high level of skill. Look at women in the Olympics. They can do things no man can ever hope to do. Look at women in today's cheerleading, which is a VERY competitive sport requiring a great deal of gymnastic skills. There are tiny men - why are none of THEM at the top of those pyramids? Because women have special skills gymnastically that men don't.

I think it's simple sexism that would drive anyone to look down on women's sports. I think, as we see new generations of Title IX, we may see new team sports that are tailored to the abilities of women, to their special abilities that men don't have, fast, action-packed sports that men can't compete on a level playing field with women.

Lastly, take a look at basketball players of the 1950's, and the players today. I don't think that the 1950's NBA teams could beat a high school team today. Women's sports are just getting started seriously. In 20 years, the change will be astounding.

GoU

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:42 pm 
Policy Wonk

gounion wrote:
NEM wrote:
cqsallie wrote:
Sallie

I've got to disagree, on almost all points. It's obvious, at the very heights of human capability, that men are stronger than women, and have a different skeletal system. But the differences aren't as you say. Bobby Riggs thought as you, and he had his ego shoved up his ass by Billy Jean King.

Women were told for years they weren't able to play, and they weren't supposed to play. Luckily, today, they don't listen to folks like you. Thanks to the groundbreaking 1972 Title IX, we have the first generation of women that grew up with something resembling a decent chance at good coaching and funding to really learn a sport. The strides this generation has made is astounding.

One of the things I found to be humorous is how women would coach college basketball, because it was seen as such a joke. But the quality of competition has risen so much that fans show up that aren't just friends and relatives of the players, and now there's real money, so NOW the men want to coach, and drive women out of another path for women to be able to make a living at their beloved sport.

When I was a kid, one of the biggest insult you could throw, aside from "faggot", was "you throw like a girl".

I watch women's college softball on TV, and that insult is no longer operative.

I don't have the exact statistics, and I could be wrong, but I think in most sports, the elites of women can best all but the top 5% of male athletes. In other words, I'd love to see a the top women's college basketball team play a decent men's high school team. It might be quite competitive.

Women can play sports at an extremely high level of skill. Look at women in the Olympics. They can do things no man can ever hope to do. Look at women in today's cheerleading, which is a VERY competitive sport requiring a great deal of gymnastic skills. There are tiny men - why are none of THEM at the top of those pyramids? Because women have special skills gymnastically that men don't.

I think it's simple sexism that would drive anyone to look down on women's sports. I think, as we see new generations of Title IX, we may see new team sports that are tailored to the abilities of women, to their special abilities that men don't have, fast, action-packed sports that men can't compete on a level playing field with women.

Lastly, take a look at basketball players of the 1950's, and the players today. I don't think that the 1950's NBA teams could beat a high school team today. Women's sports are just getting started seriously. In 20 years, the change will be astounding.

GoU

I stopped reading right away when you tried to compare a slow, old Bobby Riggs against a young Billy Jean King. Riggs was 55 years old when he played King, in her prime.

Had she played one of the top men of that time, she would have been blasted off the court.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:17 am 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
I stopped reading right away when you tried to compare a slow, old Bobby Riggs against a young Billy Jean King. Riggs was 55 years old when he played King, in her prime.

Had she played one of the top men of that time, she would have been blasted off the court.

You just don't get it - yes, he was older. But he said it didn't matter. He was insulting female players, as you are. And found out he didn't know what he was talking about.

I'm not surprised you stopped reading. A lot of folks never let facts interfere in their beliefs.

GoU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:58 am 
Policy Wonk

gounion wrote:
NEM wrote:

You just don't get it - yes, he was older. But he said it didn't matter. He was insulting female players, as you are. And found out he didn't know what he was talking about.

I'm not surprised you stopped reading. A lot of folks never let facts interfere in their beliefs.

GoU

It was all for show, publicity and money. Riggs never expected to beat her at the age of 55.

And, i am not insulting female athletes as I have stated several times that they are good female athletes, I would not want to play against them, but also pointed out the advantages the get in the various sports. Perhaps they would like to play from the tees that men play from, use a regular NBA size basketball, and play 3 out of 5 sets instead of 2 out of 3.

King-Moffit-King said that she and Riggs were good friends for 25 years after the match, until the day he died. It was all pulicity and al for dollars.

And, let me add this, too.... women's softball players are good athletes, too....but the game is controlled by one player, usually a vastly overweight pitcher. Again, I would not like to go up against one of those pitchers, and while they appear to play well, it is easy to see their awkwardness, compared to males when making routine defensive plays.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:57 pm 

NEM wrote:
gounion wrote:

GoU

It was all for show, publicity and money. Riggs never expected to beat her at the age of 55.

And, i am not insulting female athletes as I have stated several times that they are good female athletes, I would not want to play against them, but also pointed out the advantages the get in the various sports. Perhaps they would like to play from the tees that men play from, use a regular NBA size basketball, and play 3 out of 5 sets instead of 2 out of 3.

King-Moffit-King said that she and Riggs were good friends for 25 years after the match, until the day he died. It was all pulicity and al for dollars.

And, let me add this, too.... women's softball players are good athletes, too....but the game is controlled by one player, usually a vastly overweight pitcher. Again, I would not like to go up against one of those pitchers, and while they appear to play well, it is easy to see their awkwardness, compared to males when making routine defensive plays.

Oh like THIS woman, Jennie Fitch, Olympic Women's Team? Gold medal pitcher Team USA 04

[youtube]zoYUsDK4zTw[/youtube]

Shes pretty fat.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:19 pm 
Policy Wonk

Tarmacian wrote:

Oh like THIS woman, Jennie Fitch, Olympic Women's Team? Gold medal pitcher Team USA 04

Notice that I said, "Usually" not always. At least the majority of the ones I have seen on TV.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
Women's basketball has always been exciting to me, coming from Connecticut, and seeing the terrific women playing the sport at the University of Connecticut. That being said, it was nice to see other teams getting into the final four and playing hard besides the usual Tennessee or UCONN. Getting back to the men, I am scratching my head still about the freshman Duke play Kyrie Irving who only played 11 games last season having been injured most of the time going #1. Not questioning his ability, I am wondering however what they truly had to go on to put him so much higher in rating than Derrick Williams, Kemba Walker or Brandon Knight?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Thanks - I don't watch THAT much women's softball, and I kept thinking that the pitchers when I watched were always tall, good-looking blondes with lots of hair. I've commented on that several times over the years.

GoU