Ten Thousand and growing!

News and events of the day
gounion

Ten Thousand and growing!

Post by gounion »

Just now (before this post):

Total posts 10000 • Total topics 281 • Total members 27 •

We're just a yappin' along! Let me be the ten thousand and first!
gounion

Re: Ten Thousand and growing!

Post by gounion »

And I was!

Total posts 10001 • Total topics 282 • Total members 27
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:23 am Just now (before this post):

Total posts 10000 • Total topics 281 • Total members 27 •

We're just a yappin' along! Let me be the ten thousand and first!
Thanks for all you do here to keep us up and running.
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:44 am Thanks for all you do here to keep us up and running.
The only thing I’m doing is deleting about 300 Russian troll accounts every day. Good thing I can batch delete them.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:18 pm The only thing I’m doing is deleting about 300 Russian troll accounts every day. Good thing I can batch delete them.
Jesus, they really hate us, dont they.

I remember doing shit like that on RRMB...
I sigh in your general direction.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

There are trolls and there are trolls. Russia of course will de facto support anything that complicates life online everywhere else, since sowing discord among your enemies has always been a favorite (and effective) tactic. It means that Russia does support trolling, but not that all of it is political. A lot of it is taking advantage of whatever a site's software will give them to own that site, even if it means creating millions of new accounts that post nothing but phishing or spam.

At one time, the Freep crowd did organize spam membership campaigns against the better known left/liberal boards. They were highly effective, and succeeded in taking down a couple of the better known systems. Having been involved in the fight against same, I am still not at liberty to name names, or divulge the URLs of long gone sites where such things were organized right out in the clear (no dark web, no encryption, no OPSEC). I don't know how much of this still goes on. Boards are kind of obsolete, and it's mostly on subgroups of more amorphous social network platforms now. Also quite a bit of it has been documented to come from very large and sophisticated intelligence operations in several countries well known for this sort of thing.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Great Job GoU. Fucking Russians....
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.