It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Hate the Miami Heat!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut
:x So sick and tired of this hero worship of Lebron James by the sports media, especially those at ESPN, who no doubt have to do this because they were so embarrassed by their one hour special on "the King" leaving Cleveland for "South Beach"......Today, the day after he bombed out in game 4 scoring only a measly 8 points, are still coming to this guys defense. Chris Bosh is nothing great either. he has the personality of a wet noodle. He never smiles, and always appears like he has to prove himself worthy.....TO WHOM?? The only one on that team that is worth anything thing is Dwayne Wade...he doesn't have to prove himself to anyone, and he is the only one who wants to be the team player, and not the 'star". Granted, Lebron James is as immature as sin, and the way he left the team that drafted him high and dry only solidifies that he is only out for himself and the glory, and not really the team. So, I say....screw the Miami Heat, Lebron James and Pat Reilly too!

GO MAVS!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

IliseHD wrote:
:x So sick and tired of this hero worship of Lebron James by the sports media, especially those at ESPN, who no doubt have to do this because they were so embarrassed by their one hour special on "the King" leaving Cleveland for "South Beach"......Today, the day after he bombed out in game 4 scoring only a measly 8 points, are still coming to this guys defense. Chris Bosh is nothing great either. he has the personality of a wet noodle. He never smiles, and always appears like he has to prove himself worthy.....TO WHOM?? The only one on that team that is worth anything thing is Dwayne Wade...he doesn't have to prove himself to anyone, and he is the only one who wants to be the team player, and not the 'star". Granted, Lebron James is as immature as sin, and the way he left the team that drafted him high and dry only solidifies that he is only out for himself and the glory, and not really the team. So, I say....screw the Miami Heat, Lebron James and Pat Reilly too!

GO MAVS!!!!!

Wow! This from a Florida girl....
Hey! I feel the same way. Last Thursday night when the Mavs won a squeeker, all they showed were the hot shots by the Heat. Last night, Dirk Nowitzski was playing with a sinus infection and a fever and got a lot of praise during the game, but "What happened to LeBron?" was the really hot topic....
I'm not nuts about the Mavericks (when they're playing the Spurs), but I sure love them now....
Sallie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 pm 
Policy Wonk

Actually, I have come to respect, for lack of a better word, the quality of play of LeBron James. When he was still in High School I thought of him as a young punk who was about to become a multi millionaire. I still do not believe that any professional athlete is worth that much money, taking into considertion that in addition to their publicized salaries, they get endorsement money, speaking engagement money, and a lot of other sources.

But he has proven that his ability is not a fluke. I did not like the way that he just up and left Cleveland, but that is not his fault as it is with the NBA, and other leagues allowing the inmates (players) to run the asylums.

And, from what little I see of him off the court, it appears that he has matured quite a bit.

In either case, he is not the "New" Michael Jordan. And, there may never be one.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:24 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hope there arent any Laker fans here, it is my fault they lost...

I never once bet on a basketball game in my life, till this year, bet on them two in a row in their playoffs against whoever it was that beat them...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

Hate the Heat, count me in.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

cqsallie wrote:
IliseHD wrote:

GO MAVS!!!!!

Wow! This from a Florida girl....
Hey! I feel the same way. Last Thursday night when the Mavs won a squeeker, all they showed were the hot shots by the Heat. Last night, Dirk Nowitzski was playing with a sinus infection and a fever and got a lot of praise during the game, but "What happened to LeBron?" was the really hot topic....
I'm not nuts about the Mavericks (when they're playing the Spurs), but I sure love them now....
Sallie

I have always hated the Miami Heat, and the 'Puppet Master" Pat Riley. I really am an Orlando Magic fan living here in FL, but my heart actually always belonged to the New York Knicks, especially during the 90s. I used to hate the Boston Celtics as well, but my heart has warmed to them of late, given the fact that an alumni from UCONN, Ray Allen now plays there. Sallie, I almost threw my radio on the floor this morning when the commentating went something like this....."Where's Lebron? Will he show up tonight, You know he better, but then again there is no way that the Mavs are going to win a game in Miami" :shock: I guess they don't want to talk about that amazing come from behind win, from being 15 pts down, which just so happened to be in Miami!!! I guess ESPN has to cover their butts and continue to protect "King James" cause it helps them get over their embarrassment of that hr long spectacle they put on when he left Cleveland! I think the Mavs show a lot of heart, and every single one of those players are team players, and it shows.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

glenfs wrote:
Hate the Heat, count me in.

You're in glen!!~

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:28 pm 
Policy Wonk

I enjoy the heat. In fact, I thrive when it gets over 108 and moves into the 115-118's. Oh wait a minute, you didn't mean that kind of heat. My bad. sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
I enjoy the heat. In fact, I thrive when it gets over 108 and moves into the 115-118's. Oh wait a minute, you didn't mean that kind of heat. My bad. sorry.

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:32 pm 
Policy Wonk

You should be happy. The heat were beaten last night by the Mavericks and now trail the series, 3 games to 2.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
You should be happy. The heat were beaten last night by the Mavericks and now trail the series, 3 games to 2.

I'd be a lot happier is it were 4 games to 1....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:

I am. And I crack a smile when I listen to the sports radio down here in FL. First they say "Where's Lebron?" then they are frankly pissed off if not perturbed by the post game practice that D Wade and Lebron were filmed mocking Dirk because he was ill during game 4, and then during press conferences on Saturday Wade seemed to say that they weren't doing it at Dirk's expense they were doing it at the media' s expense, which was total bs!, then the sports radio guys down here are saying how the Heat deserve to lose because of the way they are behaving off the court with their arrogance, and not bring their game to the court......I think that the Mavs will take game 6 and win the championship!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 pm 
Policy Wonk

IliseHD wrote:
NEM wrote:

I am. And I crack a smile when I listen to the sports radio down here in FL. First they say "Where's Lebron?" then they are frankly pissed off if not perturbed by the post game practice that D Wade and Lebron were filmed mocking Dirk because he was ill during game 4, and then during press conferences on Saturday Wade seemed to say that they weren't doing it at Dirk's expense they were doing it at the media' s expense, which was total bs!, then the sports radio guys down here are saying how the Heat deserve to lose because of the way they are behaving off the court with their arrogance, and not bring their game to the court......I think that the Mavs will take game 6 and win the championship!

I have a hunch that this series will go seven games.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

so miami are favored, tonite

i dont pay attention to this, i bet baseball mainly, should i give up the 4 1/2 points and take them or go the other way?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

The way Miami is playing, can't close out in the fourth quarter.....I don't think it's going to seven games. I heard it mentioned...."Don't ask Lebron James for a dollar, you'll only get .75"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:03 pm 
Policy Wonk

Wake The Fark Up! wrote:
so miami are favored, tonite

i dont pay attention to this, i bet baseball mainly, should i give up the 4 1/2 points and take them or go the other way?

Gambling is illegal. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:22 am 
Policy Wonk

I was wrong. Mavs did it, won NBA title. Congrats to them and their owner, Mark Cuban, who has always had a lot of passion.

Here's a great story.

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/big-d-maveri ... 28714.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:05 am 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
I was wrong. Mavs did it, won NBA title. Congrats to them and their owner, Mark Cuban, who has always had a lot of passion.

Here's a great story.

http://beta.news.yahoo.com/big-d-maveri ... 28714.html

It was a great game! Right up til the end, I was expecting the Heat to make a surge, but it didn't happen....
:P Sallie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

I am so thrilled with this mavs win!! it was so well deserved, and hard fought. Lebron James needs to grow up a lot, and needs to realize that the NBA isn't about him, no matter how much ESPN wanted it to be.....btw, look what the Miami Herald published this morning~

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 pm 
Policy Wonk

IliseHD wrote:
I am so thrilled with this mavs win!! it was so well deserved, and hard fought. Lebron James needs to grow up a lot, and needs to realize that the NBA isn't about him, no matter how much ESPN wanted it to be.....btw, look what the Miami Herald published this morning~

I have a Patriots t-shirt that says Super Bowl Champions with their season record underneath it at 19-0.

Problem is, they were 18-0 but lost the Super Bowl, even though they were big favorites, to the NY Giants.

Tens of thousands of these shirts were made up by the manufacturer and in the end, they were sent to impoverished countries in Africa......

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:40 pm 
Board Emeritus

NEM wrote:
IliseHD wrote:

I have a Patriots t-shirt that says Super Bowl Champions with their season record underneath it at 19-0.

Problem is, they were 18-0 but lost the Super Bowl, even though they were big favorites, to the NY Giants.

Tens of thousands of these shirts were made up by the manufacturer and in the end, they were sent to impoverished countries in Africa......

Granted, but the placement of the ad, not to mention the ad itself is a bit much. Either somebody forgot to yell..."Stop the Presses!" or they are suffering from denial, big time! :wtf: