Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4370 ... er/page/21

Yep. They're all fat.

-P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:17 pm 
Site Admin

My only complaint is that I didn't make the list...I used to play softball on occasion...

-P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:36 pm 
Board Emeritus

My only complaint is that I didn't make the list...I used to play softball on occasion...

-P

Couldn't get the link to work, even when I logged into Beacher Report with my email addy and password. Kept saying "Error on Page" and never actually connected to BR....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Couldn't get the link to work, even when I logged into Beacher Report with my email addy and password. Kept saying "Error on Page" and never actually connected to BR....

Strange.

Lemmee try in a diff browser..

-P

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:46 am 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/437081-the-20-hottest-softball-players-ever/page/21

Yep. They're all fat.

-P

Fat with a P....Phat....that means good.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't tell me Glennon or a rookie is better.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:07 am 
Board Emeritus

I like what was written in the opener of Plunderer's link:

The old stereotype of a softball player was husky and manly.

If you still believe that, then you are living under a rock.

These days, softball players are athletic and very attractive. Just look at the pic for evidence to how well these ladies transition from the diamond.

Jennie Finch may get credit for amending this stereotype in the 21st century, but she is only one of a handful of extremely attractive softball players.

In fact, she has some tough competition these days when it comes to the hottest softball player on the block.

So, let's take a look at the hottest softball players ever, and if a few gems were left off this list, feel free to add them to the discussion.

Enjoy!

NEM had me wondering - I don't watch women's softball all that much, but my experience was far different than NEM's. Now I understand - how's life under that rock, NEM?

GoU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm 
Policy Wonk

I like what was written in the opener of Plunderer's link:

The old stereotype of a softball player was husky and manly.

If you still believe that, then you are living under a rock.

These days, softball players are athletic and very attractive. Just look at the pic for evidence to how well these ladies transition from the diamond.

Jennie Finch may get credit for amending this stereotype in the 21st century, but she is only one of a handful of extremely attractive softball players.

In fact, she has some tough competition these days when it comes to the hottest softball player on the block.

So, let's take a look at the hottest softball players ever, and if a few gems were left off this list, feel free to add them to the discussion.

Enjoy!

NEM had me wondering - I don't watch women's softball all that much, but my experience was far different than NEM's. Now I understand - how's life under that rock, NEM?

GoU

Here in my city of Elgin IL, we had a pro softball team for a while. Jennie Finch was on that team. They're gone now. I don't know if the whole league failed, or just our team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:43 pm 
Board Emeritus

Here in my city of Elgin IL, we had a pro softball team for a while. Jennie Finch was on that team. They're gone now. I don't know if the whole league failed, or just our team.

Think how difficult it is for a team of women to attract the type of die-hard fans that men do. They start out with a huge disadvantage - the universal belief that they have no business playing sports in the first place.
Does anybody remember the hue and cry when Title IX was first proposed and then implemented? OMG! Funding for male athletes was being robbed so that girls could engage in their ludicrously pale imitations of various men's sports. Even today, years later, we have the people who offer grudging praise, such as "good for a female," or - worse yet - judge women athletes according to their sex appeal.
As much as we think we've irradicated the double standards, it's obvious that a male athlete can be physically repulsive and still have a host of fans. Female athletes need to have beautiful faces and a willingness to pose in the centerfold of some men's magazine - and the pages of ESPN and SI don't treat them any differently....
Sallie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:02 pm 
Board Emeritus

Think how difficult it is for a team of women to attract the type of die-hard fans that men do. They start out with a huge disadvantage - the universal belief that they have no business playing sports in the first place.
Does anybody remember the hue and cry when Title IX was first proposed and then implemented? OMG! Funding for male athletes was being robbed so that girls could engage in their ludicrously pale imitations of various men's sports. Even today, years later, we have the people who offer grudging praise, such as "good for a female," or - worse yet - judge women athletes according to their sex appeal.
As much as we think we've irradicated the double standards, it's obvious that a male athlete can be physically repulsive and still have a host of fans. Female athletes need to have beautiful faces and a willingness to pose in the centerfold of some men's magazine - and the pages of ESPN and SI don't treat them any differently....
Sallie

You have a point, but not a complete one. For instance, several female tennis players that aren't blazingly attractive have been quite successful, both on and off the court. Many WNBA players aren't what you would call beautiful.

Having said that, it's still a sexist world, and if you have a centerfold body, it's worth a lot. The good news is women CAN be successful on the field without it.

The problem is, in ANY endeavor, men don't have to be handsome to be successful, or even to attract beautiful women. Women care more about the character than the looks of a man. But looks is still top for men seeking women.

But I'm glad we have Title IX, and I was for it when it happened, and yes, I remember the howls of protest from men. But Title IX changed our nation, for the better.

GoU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

You have a point, but not a complete one. For instance, several female tennis players that aren't blazingly attractive have been quite successful, both on and off the court. Many WNBA players aren't what you would call beautiful.

Having said that, it's still a sexist world, and if you have a centerfold body, it's worth a lot. The good news is women CAN be successful on the field without it.

The problem is, in ANY endeavor, men don't have to be handsome to be successful, or even to attract beautiful women. Women care more about the character than the looks of a man. But looks is still top for men seeking women.

But I'm glad we have Title IX, and I was for it when it happened, and yes, I remember the howls of protest from men. But Title IX changed our nation, for the better.

GoU

Well, it's certainly better than it was in the days when women could only play half-court basketball and couldn't run in any track events longer than 1/4 mile and enter marathons (remember the woman who was arrested for sneaking into the Boston Marathon not that many years ago?) and swam (or bathed) in dresses and played lawn tennis and croquet in long skirts, gloves and hats.
We have much to be grateful for. The hardy Tesses (LOL) whose uteri failed to fall out paved the way for the glamorous female athletes of today. Babe Zaharis and Gertrude Ederle would never be asked to pose for Playboy....
Sallie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:53 pm 
Board Emeritus

Well, it's certainly better than it was in the days when women could only play half-court basketball and couldn't run in any track events longer than 1/4 mile and enter marathons (remember the woman who was arrested for sneaking into the Boston Marathon not that many years ago?) and swam (or bathed) in dresses and played lawn tennis and croquet in long skirts, gloves and hats.
We have much to be grateful for. The hardy Tesses (LOL) whose uteri failed to fall out paved the way for the glamorous female athletes of today. Babe Zaharis and Gertrude Ederle would never be asked to pose for Playboy....
Sallie

Well, you've come a long way, baby (hey, I've heard that somewhere...).

I'm looking forward to seeing the state of women's sports in 20 years.

GoU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:17 am 
Site Admin

Well, you've come a long way, baby (hey, I've heard that somewhere...).

I'm looking forward to seeing the state of women's sports in 20 years.

GoU

No.

WE'VE come a long way.

Men, women, all progressives are in this fight for equality. Equality, regardless of color, gender, sexual inclinations, whatever. WE are the ones fighting this battle, not just those who directly live it day to day...

-P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:12 am 

No.

WE'VE come a long way.

Men, women, all progressives are in this fight for equality. Equality, regardless of color, gender, sexual inclinations, whatever. WE are the ones fighting this battle, not just those who directly live it day to day...

-P

Amen...

Don't tell me Glennon or a rookie is better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:34 am 
Policy Wonk

I checked. The Chicago Bandits are still around! They moved 25 miles closer to Chicago. New stadium; near O'Hare Field.

http://www.chicagobandits.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:20 am 
Board Emeritus

No.

WE'VE come a long way.

-P

Maybe so, but I'm not comfortable calling you baby, Plun.

GoU :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:26 pm 
Policy Wonk

The secret to financially successful women's sports is all in the uniforms.
(I'm not being sexist, just realistic.)
ONE groups seems to have found the answer:

Lingerie Football League
http://www.lflus.com/

Last year's MVP:

"real women, playing real football, in real lingerie"

Their season starts August 26th.

Mac

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:41 pm 
Board Emeritus

Mac, to be honest, I don't think so. I don't see them on network TV, or even on ESPN. I doubt that it can survive as a sports league, it seem to be set up to draw fans of Hooters and strip clubs.

It has to be serious about the sport, and I don't see that they are.

GoU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

Some Premium cable networks carry the games (mostly in big cities).
Also PPV systems.
And you can watch them on the internet as PPV.

Boxing went the PPV route and is still around.

And if you've ever watched one of their games, you would realize they ARE serious.
(And you might also realize that I, on the other hand, am 'tongue-in-cheek'. :lol: )

Mac