The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
gounion

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/verdict-just ... 33427.html
Verdict was just as prosecutors 'pandered to the mob' in Rittenhouse trial | Opinion
So you agree with this? Yes or no?
bradman

Post by bradman »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:16 am So you agree with this? Yes or no?
That was quick. Did you read the whole article?

i believe that if the prosecution team had been made up of Rittenhouse's defense team.........Rittenhouse would be doing time for manslaughter right now.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 am That was quick. Did you read the whole article?

i believe that if the prosecution team had been made up of Rittenhouse's defense team.........Rittenhouse would be doing time for manslaughter right now.
Nice deflection. And I AM a fast reader!
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:14 am https://www.yahoo.com/news/verdict-just ... 33427.html
Verdict was just as prosecutors 'pandered to the mob' in Rittenhouse trial | Opinion
Gee, pretty much supports what I’ve been saying. Of course this person is obviously a white nationalist, white supremacist, racist, noose knotter . So there’s that.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 am That was quick. Did you read the whole article?

If the defense team were the prosecution there would have been no charges.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:59 pm Then tell me why the cop was found not guilty and walked?

What did Castille do to deserve to die?
“ What we were looking at was some pretty obscure things to a lot of people, like culpable negligence. You think you might know what it means: It's negligent, but maybe pretty bad negligence. Well, it's gross negligence with an element of recklessness ... We had the law in front of us so we could break it down.

It just came down to us not being able to see what was going on in the car. Some of us were saying that there was some recklessness there, but that didn't stick because we didn't know what escalated the situation: was he really seeing a gun? We felt [Yanez] was an honest guy ... and in the end, we had to go on his word, and that's what it came down to.[89]”

No he didn’t deserve to die. It was horrible.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:21 am i believe that if the prosecution team had been made up of Rittenhouse's defense team.........
You mean the $2mil team paid for by cops and antiwoke rightwing nutjobs?

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:39 am Nice deflection. And I AM a fast reader!
Deflection? i'm on record saying the prosecution overcharged. The court of public opinion is not the right way to prosecute a case. In short, The prosecution fucked this one up bad. Does that answer your question?
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:42 am Of course this person is obviously a white nationalist, white supremacist, racist, noose knotter . So there’s that.
As are you.
Gee, pretty much supports what I’ve been saying.
It's an opinion piece by a rightwinger.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:43 am If the defense team were the prosecution there would have been no charges.
Disagree. Given the scope, there would have been charges. And with a with lawyers like the defense team had they could very well had make them stick.
Last edited by bradman on Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:50 am Deflection? i'm on record saying the prosecution overcharged. The court of public opinion is not the right way to prosecute a case. In short, The prosecution fucked this one up bad. Does that answer your question?
There were no lesser felony charges that could escape the requirements to disprove self defense. This case was simply no win.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:50 am Deflection? i'm on record saying the prosecution overcharged. The court of public opinion is not the right way to prosecute a case. In short, The prosecution fucked this one up bad. Does that answer your question?
If you're "on record" as anything, it's as a dishonest Rittenhouse supporter who pretends to sit the fence.

"Court of public opinion" is a longstanding cliché. That's not how they prosecuted, you've just been conditioned to despise those who protest cop murder, believe and defend cops no matter what, and throw in with conservative whites no matter what, since you are one.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am Disagree. Given the scope, there would have been charges. And with a with lawyers like the defense team had they could very well had make them stick.
The $2mil lawyers paid for by police and public officials?

Those guys?

Okay.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 am There were no lesser felony charges that could escape the requirements to disprove self defense. This case was simply no win.
You'd think that if you can do time for manslaughter for killing someone while driving drunk... you should be able to do the same for Rittenhouse.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

We all are offering our personal opinions here, as many like to remind us.

I am not a legal expert, I know how to read, I know the definition of self defense, I believe it's the same in Wisconsin.

Do I think he committed 1st degree pre-meditated murder? No. He did not formulate and then carry out the murder of Rosenbaum or Huber. BUT.

Do I think he had a self defense right to use lethal force to stop Rosenbaum from getting his gun or to retaliate against being hit by a skateboard by someone else trying to get his gun? Reminder: if the fatal shot hit Rosenbaum in the back, this means at that point he was the one doing the fleeing. He really did nothing to provoke either situation? He was just there, marching around with his assault rifle, openly brandishing it in a tense, dangerous situation, but innocent as the driven rain. Whatever his background or training, people that night saw a young kid toting around a dangerous weapon he probably couldn't yet use responsibly or properly. No culpability. Huber may well have hit Rittenhouse with a skateboard, but he also could have "reasonably" believed Rittenhouse had killed Rosenbaum in cold blood and the urgency of disarming him grew.

You will notice I keep leaving Grosskreutz out. He wasn't killed, but yes, he did point a pistol at Rittenhouse. Whether he "meant" to or not. Threat of lethal force. Could be considered self defense.

I've opined on that subject.

I do not give a flying fuck what blue, purple, orange, or chartreuse people tell me I should think or would have done in the courtroom.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:06 pm We all are offering our personal opinions here, as many like to remind us.

I am not a legal expert, I know how to read, I know the definition of self defense, I believe it's the same in Wisconsin.

Do I think he committed 1st degree pre-meditated murder? No. He did not formulate and then carry out the murder of Rosenbaum or Huber. BUT.

Do I think he had a self defense right to use lethal force to stop Rosenbaum from getting his gun or to retaliate against being hit by a skateboard by someone else trying to get his gun? Reminder: if the fatal shot hit Rosenbaum in the back, this means at that point he was the one doing the fleeing. He really did nothing to provoke either situation? He was just there, marching around with his assault rifle, openly brandishing it in a tense, dangerous situation, but innocent as the driven rain. Whatever his background or training, people that night saw a young kid toting around a dangerous weapon he probably couldn't yet use responsibly or properly. No culpability. Huber may well have hit Rittenhouse with a skateboard, but he also could have "reasonably" believed Rittenhouse had killed Rosenbaum in cold blood and the urgency of disarming him grew.

You will notice I keep leaving Grosskreutz out. He wasn't killed, but yes, he did point a pistol at Rittenhouse. Whether he "meant" to or not. Threat of lethal force. Could be considered self defense.

I do not give a flying fuck what blue, purple, orange, or chartreuse people tell me I should think or would have done in the courtroom.
If this white con terrorist does not go to the protest, nobody dies. If this white con terrorist goes to the protest unarmed, nobody dies. If this white con terrorist goes to the protest with a weapon but at NO time brandishes it or lets it be seen, nobody dies. Pretty sure makes him guilty of something.
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:46 am “ What we were looking at was some pretty obscure things to a lot of people, like culpable negligence. You think you might know what it means: It's negligent, but maybe pretty bad negligence. Well, it's gross negligence with an element of recklessness ... We had the law in front of us so we could break it down.

It just came down to us not being able to see what was going on in the car. Some of us were saying that there was some recklessness there, but that didn't stick because we didn't know what escalated the situation: was he really seeing a gun? We felt [Yanez] was an honest guy ... and in the end, we had to go on his word, and that's what it came down to.[89]”

No he didn’t deserve to die. It was horrible.
And the cop walked. THAT'S why black people are outraged. Zero accountability. This happens too damned often.

It would be different if the Police were held accountable, but they nearly always get off. Everyone was surprised, and especially Chauvin was surprised, when he was held accountable. But I'm quite sure the guys who let him do it will get off completely.
gounion

Post by gounion »

The cops welcomed Rittenhouse, took care of him. If a black person had shown up with an AR-15, there's no question the cops would have immediately killed him dead, dead, dead.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

ProfX wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:06 pm We all are offering our personal opinions here, as many like to remind us.

“ Kelley, the pathologist, said Rosenbaum was shot four times by someone who was within 4 feet of him. He testified that Rosenbaum was first wounded in the groin and then in the hand and thigh as he faced Rittenhouse, and then was shot in the head and in the back.

Those final two shots were at a downward angle, the pathologist said. Prosecutors have said this indicates Rosenbaum was falling forward, while defense attorney Mark Richards said Rosenbaum was lunging.

Kelley said both scenarios were possible.

Kelley also said Rosenbaum’s hand was “in close proximity or in contact with the end of that rifle.”

Richards pointed out small injuries from soot on Rosenbaum’s hand and said: “So that hand was over the barrel of Mr. Rittenhouse’s gun when his hand was shot.”

“That makes sense,” Kelley said.”

Rosenbaum wasn’t fleeing.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:09 am You'd think that if you can do time for manslaughter for killing someone while driving drunk... you should be able to do the same for Rittenhouse.
Once the self defense claim is made it’s applies the same to any possible charges or scenario that can be brought and it has to be disproved by the prosecution.
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:47 pm The cops welcomed Rittenhouse, took care of him. If a black person had shown up with an AR-15, there's no question the cops would have immediately killed him dead, dead, dead.
No, no they wouldn’t.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:36 pm No, no they wouldn’t.
Yes they would. There’s a video out there where the had a black guy and a white guy separately go down the same street in Texas. They stopped and talked to the white guy, let him go.

The black guy they stood off, behind their doors, had him throw the gun away from him, go spread Eagle while calling other cars, and arrested him.

And you see what they did to Castile. If a black guy had showed up to that same protest armed like Rittenhouse he’d be dead.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:51 pm Yes they would. There’s a video out there where the had a black guy and a white guy separately go down the same street in Texas. They stopped and talked to the white guy, let him go.

The black guy they stood off, behind their doors, had him throw the gun away from him, go spread Eagle while calling other cars, and arrested him.

And you see what they did to Castile. If a black guy had showed up to that same protest armed like Rittenhouse he’d be dead.
But the privileged white guy who has NO CLUE what living Black in America is like, says otherwise.
I sigh in your general direction.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

This isn't good Fox Awful News has a big flashy headline saying that the Christmas parade massacre is connected to and is signaling that a BLM revolution has begun. Some idiot rapper Vaun Mayes is saying it, and Fox is flogging the story like its judgment day come upon us.

:(

https://www.foxnews.com/us/milwaukee-bl ... n-waukesha

A Milwaukee Black Lives Matter activist said the Christmas parade attack in Waukesha, Wisconsin, appears to signal "the revolution" may have begun.

"I don’t know. Now we’ll have to wait and see because they do have somebody in custody. We may have to wait and see what they say about why this happened," Vaun Mayes said on Facebook Live on Monday. "But it sounds possible that the revolution has started in Wisconsin. It started with this Christmas parade."

Mayes is a well-known activist in Milwaukee. He describes himself as a "Battle rapper, Community activist, Songwriter, Tattoo artist, Militant," in his Twitter bio, which is accompanied by various hashtags, including "#BlackLivesMatter," "#BlackLoveMatters" and "#RBG."
Neal Cavoto at Fox will surly write an book titled BLM wages war on Christmas.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:46 am “ What we were looking at was some pretty obscure things to a lot of people, like culpable negligence. You think you might know what it means: It's negligent, but maybe pretty bad negligence. Well, it's gross negligence with an element of recklessness ... We had the law in front of us so we could break it down.

Source, please.

~ Ida B. Wells