RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:05 am 
Board Emeritus

Gou and I met in person for the first time yesterday. Great time. Great to meet in person. We had a nice meal at Rock Bottom Brewery and...In about an hour and a half I will be picking him up for LAMBEAU FIELD!

This be us:
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

GO PACK GO!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:13 am 
Board Emeritus

Lions and Packers and GoUnion, oh my!

Ready to go!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:16 am 
Board Emeritus

So, did you two drop off the edge of the earth? Where are the pics?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:54 pm 
Board Emeritus

We had a great game and a great day Sallie. Gou's got the the pictures and will post them when he's done traveling.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is similar to my facebook post, and I posted pics to the facebook, so if you're a friend of mine, you can see them.

I had one of the most phenomenal days in my life yesterday. I've been a football fan most of my life, and always read about the legendary Lambeau Field in Green Bay, home of the Packers, and the home of some of the most legendary games in football history. Of course, tickets are something you inherit, and they are hard to come by. So, I never thought I'd GO to a game at Lambeau.

Then my friend Justin (jdogg) on this board said, yes, this could happen. He and his family have ticket packages, and from time to time they have extras. He said he would love to have me up to Wisconsin and go to a game.

So, we worked it out. I flew to Milwaukee Saturday, saw some of Milwaukee and had dinner with Justin and his guy, Jason. On Sunday morning, we headed out for the two-hour drive to Green Bay with Justin and a friend of his from school, Kevin.

Before the game, I got to meet Justin's mom, Kristine. She's a die-hard Packer fan, too!

After a stormy Saturday, they were calling for morning showers, cloudy and highs in the low sixties. Well, the clouds parted, and the weather was crisp and bright and wonderful, a great fall day.

I'm a history nut, and was in awe of the small town of Green Bay, the stadium, the fans and the team. The feeling was indescribable, and I drank in every moment of it (okay, with quite a few beers too - geeze whaddaya expect, the beer guy came by every few minutes, and I only saw the girl selling water ONCE!). It was a good game, and the Packers won convincingly, and the Lions continue a very long losing streak at Lambeau Field.

I also had some cheese curds! They were great!

At the end of the day, I was hoarse from yelling and cheering. But it was certainly a tiring day. We had a nice dinner afterwards, but Justin and I didn't talk much on the way home, we were so tired! That's hard to believe, that we weren't interested in conversation! I was just still trying to process the fantastic day, one I will always treasure.

This was my first time ever to meet Justin. He's a GREAT guy, and is mom is one special lady, too. I'm proud to now be able to call Justin, Jason and Kristine friends, and in some small way, to be part of the legend of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

I've met several folks from this and another board in real life. It's a treat. If you can do it, I highly recommend it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:22 pm 
Board Emeritus

This is similar to my facebook post, and I posted pics to the facebook, so if you're a friend of mine, you can see them.

I had one of the most phenomenal days in my life yesterday. I've been a football fan most of my life, and always read about the legendary Lambeau Field in Green Bay, home of the Packers, and the home of some of the most legendary games in football history. Of course, tickets are something you inherit, and they are hard to come by. So, I never thought I'd GO to a game at Lambeau.

Then my friend Justin (jdogg) on this board said, yes, this could happen. He and his family have ticket packages, and from time to time they have extras. He said he would love to have me up to Wisconsin and go to a game.

So, we worked it out. I flew to Milwaukee Saturday, saw some of Milwaukee and had dinner with Justin and his guy, Jason. On Sunday morning, we headed out for the two-hour drive to Green Bay with Justin and a friend of his from school, Kevin.

Before the game, I got to meet Justin's mom, Kristine. She's a die-hard Packer fan, too!

After a stormy Saturday, they were calling for morning showers, cloudy and highs in the low sixties. Well, the clouds parted, and the weather was crisp and bright and wonderful, a great fall day.

I'm a history nut, and was in awe of the small town of Green Bay, the stadium, the fans and the team. The feeling was indescribable, and I drank in every moment of it (okay, with quite a few beers too - geeze whaddaya expect, the beer guy came by every few minutes, and I only saw the girl selling water ONCE!). It was a good game, and the Packers won convincingly, and the Lions continue a very long losing streak at Lambeau Field.

I also had some cheese curds! They were great!

At the end of the day, I was hoarse from yelling and cheering. But it was certainly a tiring day. We had a nice dinner afterwards, but Justin and I didn't talk much on the way home, we were so tired! That's hard to believe, that we weren't interested in conversation! I was just still trying to process the fantastic day, one I will always treasure.

This was my first time ever to meet Justin. He's a GREAT guy, and is mom is one special lady, too. I'm proud to now be able to call Justin, Jason and Kristine friends, and in some small way, to be part of the legend of Green Bay, Wisconsin.

I've met several folks from this and another board in real life. It's a treat. If you can do it, I highly recommend it.

Glad that you could make it Bob! I had a great time and glad you did too. I'll keep you up to speed when I can squeak out more spare tickets and I'm happy to do it again with you buddy.

My voice is still recovering!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

The Green Bay Packers are undefeated since I visited the hollowed ground that is Lambeau Field, courtesy of my good friend jdogg. Just sayin'!