Family Research Council actively advocates for women to die.

News and events of the day
Libertas

Family Research Council actively advocates for women to die.

Post by Libertas »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9 ... men-to-die

Earlier today, one of the biggest lobbying outfits in Washington- the Family Research Council, which has provided model legislation and fiscal and logistical support to politicians across the country, issued a statement- which I will not be linking to- stating that "Abortion is never necessary to save the life of a mother."

This is so dangerously false, I am outraged that the social media platforms it was posted on didn't immediately delete that statement, nor- as I write this- have they yet.

I'm an emergency department nurse. Emergency departments provide a staggering amount of OB/GYN care to patients who are unable to seek primary care services, which, I'm sure I don't have to remind people here, is a serious problem in our country. And if you have an ectopic pregnancy- which are 2% of all pregnancies!- or your water breaks at 16 weeks, or you have a septic uterus, you will end up in the ER, preferably sooner rather than later, because the longer we wait, the more likely the patient is to die.

Well, hold on, because I want to be stunningly clear here: that's the only option. If you have an ectopic pregnancy, you either get an abortion, or you die. There is no other option. There is no alternative. If you are reading this post, you know multiple people who had ectopic pregnancies, who would now be dead had they not sought treatment.

And these conditions can deteriorate fast. With an ectopic pregnancy, you can go from mild discomfort to rolling on the floor, screaming in pain and minutes from death, incredibly rapidly. Again, because we see so many people who are unable to access primary care services, we see that first hand in the ER. Someone who could call their OBGYN and get a prescription called in the same day... if they HAD an OBGYN, or had insurance for one, or could get in to be seen by one... decides to "tough it out a belly ache" instead. Or goes to a Crisis Pregnancy Center and is told their symptoms are "normal". Or thinks they just have a kidney or gall stone.

Regardless, they'll end up in our ER... or they'll end up dead. Until very recently, the most blood I've ever had to give a patient in the ER was on a patient with a ruptured ectopic. Watching blood come out of a patient faster than you can infuse it, to the point where you're grabbing the bag of blood and squeezing it with your hands as hard as you can to try and desperately save that patient's life, is something you don't forget.

Ever.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is living in a fantasy world, where a woman's well-being is less of a concern to them than how much control they have over a woman's body- and they want to force you, my daughter, all of us to life in that same world.

And I damn well will not stand for it.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Re: Family Research Council actively advocates for women to die.

Post by carmenjonze »

Watched this unfold on Twitter last night (Monday night).

Family Research Council is a miserable hate group.

Much more about these perverts in this thread, also viewtopic.php?p=37655#p37655

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells