RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:57 am 
Policy Wonk

I think you all can guess what part of the body too.

Quote:
This post describes making food out of bodily secretions. Proceed with caution. You've been warned.

There are thousands of recipes for sourdough bread out there. While they require microscopic fungus for leavening, none of them — surprisingly — mean that kind of yeast.

So feminist blogger Zoe Stavri got inventive and came up with a new recipe for sourdough bread that uses — ahem — her own yeast.

Since I cannot unread this I figure I might as well share the pain...

(And I did send this on to Mama)

"Liberalism demonstrated at its very finest."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:32 pm 
Board Emeritus

What a great holiday story. :] I wish I had seen it first.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:14 pm 
Board Emeritus

Okay, but does the bread smell a little fishy?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

Ya-know if the thread title were changed to read in bold, This Thread; Real Gross!!!!!!

It would accomplish an honest descriptive labeling this threads insides, while at the same time allowing me to view the index on the outside, without simultaneously viewing the whole of the insides of this really gross thread. I mean the title is a one sentence abstract of it's all.

It's kind of like having a bug free clean polished glass bathroom window facing a busy street with no curtains.

As it stands now when I scan the index on the outside,,, gulp,,, I have to sort of clamp a lid on my supper. I might like to eat some bread again, oh, by, say, some time next fortnight, that would sure be nice. :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:16 am 
Political Junkie

By far the most common vag yeast is Candida albicans.
My guess would be that sourdough bread is not typically made with that species. (There are lots of different kinds of yeasts. Saccharomyces cerevesiae, for just one example. Named for its association with beer. S. cerevesiae doesn't usually cause human disease, but occasionally shows up in vag yeast infections or in other body areas.) But I haven't looked into it.

My assumption would be that that was just a gag.
But with 300 million Americans out there, plus hundreds of millions of other English speakers, I wouldn't place a bet on it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:25 am 
Political Junkie

Apropos of ... nothing really ...

There was the NYC chef who was serving cheese made from his wife's milk.
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

And not to be outdone, there's that Japanese dude who served his own genitals at a gourmet feast ...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/japanese- ... ijKlMlOknX

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:50 pm 
Policy Wonk

Apropos of ... nothing really ...

There was the NYC chef who was serving cheese made from his wife's milk.
www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

And not to be outdone, there's that Japanese dude who served his own genitals at a gourmet feast ...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/gavon/japanese- ... ijKlMlOknX

And then there was the woman who made yogurtfrom that area...

Quote:
Here's some food for thought: It is possible to make yogurt using bacteria from a woman's vagina, but it's probably not a good idea.

Last August, Cecilia Westbrook, an MD/PhD student at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, decided to see if the stomach-churning idea was feasible, according to VICE.

To do the experiment, Westbrook used three bowls: One with yogurt made with a traditional starter culture, one with just plain milk, one with just milk and her own bodily contribution.

Westbrook left out the batches overnight and awoke to find a decent amount of yogurt in that third bowl, according to Westbrook's friend, Janet Jay, who wrote the VICE article on the experiment.

"Liberalism demonstrated at its very finest."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:25 am 
Political Junkie

Here's some food for thought: It is possible to make yogurt using bacteria from a woman's vagina, but it's probably not a good idea.

Last August, Cecilia Westbrook, an MD/PhD student at the University of Wisconsin, Madison, decided to see if the stomach-churning idea was feasible, according to VICE.

To do the experiment, Westbrook used three bowls: One with yogurt made with a traditional starter culture, one with just plain milk, one with just milk and her own bodily contribution.

Westbrook left out the batches overnight and awoke to find a decent amount of yogurt in that third bowl, according to Westbrook's friend, Janet Jay, who wrote the VICE article on the experiment.

... giving new meaning to "curds and whey." :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:07 am 

What has been seen, cannot be unseen :( , I once saw a man offering comb to a bald man and also offering hair growth tips and the reaction of the bald man was hilarious. But this is much more better than this. It is strange, weird and a little funny at the same time.

Last edited by Lina S on Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:34 am 
Board Emeritus

MY FEELINGS, whoops all caps were on, about it exactly.

I only stopped in this thread because I saw a new person had arrived.

:) Welcome Lina S :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:19 pm 
Political Junkie

Well, I guess we won't even get into certain folk traditions of mixing bodily secretions into a meal or drink you've made for someone you want to fall in love with you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:07 pm 
Board Emeritus

I just changed the thread title. It will stay that way until somebody responds to another poster. :o :lol: :rw) :D