Inside the job that puts the 'No Fun' in the 'No Fun League'

Football, Baseball, Curling... All the Important Ones!
ap215

Post by ap215 »

About an hour before kickoff of a Los Angeles Rams game five years ago, Mike Karney braced for an uncomfortable conversation. It was Karney’s job to warn a Rams defensive back that the NFL didn’t approve of the trendy Kanye West-designed cleats the defender was wearing.

“You need to take those off,” Karney gently told the player, gesturing at the pair of newly released Yeezys on his feet. The NFL at the time banned players from wearing the cleats because their marled colorways and dual-colored laces violated the league’s dress code.

https://www.aol.com/sports/inside-job-p ... 54093.html
gounion

Re: Inside the job that puts the 'No Fun' in the 'No Fun League'

Post by gounion »

ap215 wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:01 am Inside the job that puts the 'No Fun' in the 'No Fun League'

About an hour before kickoff of a Los Angeles Rams game five years ago, Mike Karney braced for an uncomfortable conversation. It was Karney’s job to warn a Rams defensive back that the NFL didn’t approve of the trendy Kanye West-designed cleats the defender was wearing.

“You need to take those off,” Karney gently told the player, gesturing at the pair of newly released Yeezys on his feet. The NFL at the time banned players from wearing the cleats because their marled colorways and dual-colored laces violated the league’s dress code.

https://www.aol.com/sports/inside-job-p ... 54093.html
Ever been to an NFL game? Do you realize that the NFL is the most popular sport in the nation, by a long shot? I'm sorry, I think it's plenty fun.

But the NFL is a business. I don't have a problem with those actions.

There are many things the NFL can deservedly be criticized for, but at the core, it is show business. Does the movie director have the right to tell you what to wear? How about the Rockettes? A dress code is completely reasonable and defensible.