Get Back

TV, Movies, Music and the Rest!
Drak

Get Back

Post by Drak »

So Disney is releasing a series on the Beatles called Get Back, in November. The series is produced by Peter Jackson. They've taken previously unseen footage, restored it in beautiful glory, and made it into a 3 part series. I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auta2lagtw4
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Re: Get Back

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:49 am So Disney is releasing a series on the Beatles called Get Back, in November. The series is produced by Peter Jackson. They've taken previously unseen footage, restored it in beautiful glory, and made it into a 3 part series. I can't wait.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Auta2lagtw4
Have been counting the days for a long time now, very excited. I have seen Paul in concert, "Wings Over America" at the Cow Palace and I saw Ringo Star and his All Star Band once.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:59 am Have been counting the days for a long time now, very excited. I have seen Paul in concert, "Wings Over America" at the Cow Palace and I saw Ringo Star and his All Star Band once.
Nice man! Was that in the 70s that you saw Wings?

I have a friend who always trashes Paul as a cheese ball. And he trashes Wings. But IMO, Paul had some memorable songs that I grew up listening to. Sure their post Beatles stuff isn't the same, but the fact is, all of of the Beatles are great.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:02 pm Nice man! Was that in the 70s that you saw Wings?

I have a friend who always trashes Paul as a cheese ball. And he trashes Wings. But IMO, Paul had some memorable songs that I grew up listening to. Sure their post Beatles stuff isn't the same, but the fact is, all of of the Beatles are great.
Yes, June 14, 1976.

I found a pic of the line going in, we are in the pic but you cant identify us.

We got there late, festival seating, as we lived 6 hours away and drove in that day. We saw the line go for blocks and blocks around the building and after walking halfway to the end of the line I turned to my buddies and said, like it was yesterday: "I did not spent my whole life waiting to see this and end up in the back of the place, follow me" and we walked to the front of the line but stood off a few feet and the instant the doors opened we ran in and ended up 20-30 feet from Paul.

I had seen a lot of shows, this one had a laser and he was the first to use one I think. WOW

As to that debate, I am a John fan as he was the trouble maker and I just liked his voice back when I was a kid, but Paul is one half of the greatest pop song writing team in history, so he is a genius.

Wait, the best part. Know why we had tix? My mom heard about it and got me 4. At the time I was really into much harder stuff and I didnt get the tix, so glad she did.

Might be off on the date by one day, not sure. Here we are in line

https://youtu.be/5PqLr2XDGD0
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:08 pm Yes, June 14, 1976.

I found a pic of the line going in, we are in the pic but you cant identify us.

We got there late, festival seating, as we lived 6 hours away and drove in that day. We saw the line go for blocks and blocks around the building and after walking halfway to the end of the line I turned to my buddies and said, like it was yesterday: "I did not spent my whole life waiting to see this and end up in the back of the place, follow me" and we walked to the front of the line but stood off a few feet and the instant the doors opened we ran in and ended up 20-30 feet from Paul.

I had seen a lot of shows, this one had a laser and he was the first to use one I think. WOW

As to that debate, I am a John fan as he was the trouble maker and I just liked his voice back when I was a kid, but Paul is one half of the greatest pop song writing team in history, so he is a genius.

Wait, the best part. Know why we had tix? My mom heard about it and got me 4. At the time I was really into much harder stuff and I didnt get the tix, so glad she did.

Might be off on the date by one day, not sure. Here we are in line

https://youtu.be/5PqLr2XDGD0
Nice man! I'd say I was jealous but I was only 5 years old at the time.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Two more days.

Drak

Post by Drak »

I’ve watched the first two episodes. The final airs today. I’m loving it. Each episode is nearly 3 hours long and light on the editing. They are not for casual fans and viewers, but for the hardcore. We are gifted long periods of sitting in with the band during their working process. It’s amazing watching them develop iconic songs from scratch. Like Paul working through the initial stages of Get Back as he sits and strums his bass, coming up with the beginning of the melody and scatsing out vocals. And I love the fact that, despite obvious tension between a band obviously at the end of their path, the series shows more positive vibes and laughter, unlike the Let It Be doc from the early 70s. They are just so polite with each other, even when irritated. And so mature for their ages. They are only in their 20s. George is only 25. Can’t wait to watch the roof top concert in all its glory with the finale episode. And Billy Preston is phenomenal.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

I know every word of every song.

I spend thousands of hours listening and playing their music.

I loved this doc.

It brought a big wide grin to my face.

They were so young. So fucking brilliant.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:37 pm I know every word of every song.

I spend thousands of hours listening and playing their music.

I loved this doc.

It brought a big wide grin to my face.

They were so young. So fucking brilliant.
Yeah it was great to see. Spent Saturday afternoon watching the final episode. Then started feeling sad about John Lennon.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Paul McCartney
@PaulMcCartney
9h
Hard to believe that we lost George 20 years ago. I miss my friend so much. Love Paul.