RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

I think this is the biggest reason Hostess is failing. They may still have some market value with some of their products, but overall, the market demand has been declining for too long, and they have not tried to keep up with the times. They now have a 700 million debt load. I don't think that was caused by union pensions, nor was it caused by exectutive pay. The fact that they have a 700 million debt load even after coming out of bankruptcy once, shows that they really don't know how to fix their problems (or are unwilling to). Instead they try to blame it on labor and unsustainable bennies. So they bring in a company to try to weasle the workers out of more than they can afford to give up, and finally the workers have had enough and say no. It's about time. If American workers don't start standing up for themselves, nobody will. Wal-Mart workers are finally striking too, and they aren't even unionized. But they've had enough. Our Arab spring is here. It's just taking a slower and more peaceful path.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2 ... asure.html

Quote:
Quote:
The unwillingness or inability to update its business strategy and products for a changing world was more damaging to Hostess than the brief strike this month. A white-bread manufacturer that focuses solely on the U.S. market in 2012 is a little like a white-bread GOP candidate who focuses only on white voters in 2012.

really. white bread for a white-bread market. twinkies for the twinkies.
surely theyve heard about global obesity and HFCS...by now...eh?
or is bad health simply are fun part of total capitalism profits also tooo....
they could find No! way to evolve as a company than pushing high white flour and sugar.
..primed for failure. call bain.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:16 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yep, Obama failed, abysmally. That's why the economy has been growing under his leadership. That's why he was re-elected in a landslide. :lol:

Glenn, seriously, you need to STFU with this Obama hate shit. The country showed who they had faith in. You are just a really really sore loser. You cannot even accept the fact that you might have been wrong.

You know where they like to hear this shit? Freeperville. Maybe you should check it out.

A landslide really? He won by 3 million votes out of 116+ million cast. The economy isnt growing enough to create jobs for those entering the job market let alone the people who are currently unemployed. As most of those 18,500 the union just put on the street will soon learn.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

Maybe Hostess should have looked to the DNC for the solution for their economic troubles. Which would have been increase wages, borrow more money, increase costs, and raise prices.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:33 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes, Hostess could have saved those jobs had they sold the company four years ago at about 4 times the current market value. The offer was in front of them. God bless management. Lost a ton of money and jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:58 pm 
Board Emeritus

has richard gephardt's name appeared yet in these nine pages?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:54 pm 
Policy Wonk

Yep, Obama failed, abysmally. That's why the economy has been growing under his leadership. That's why he was re-elected in a landslide. :lol:

Glenn, seriously, you need to STFU with this Obama hate shit. The country showed who they had faith in. You are just a really really sore loser. You cannot even accept the fact that you might have been wrong.

You know where they like to hear this shit? Freeperville. Maybe you should check it out.

Who died and left you boss? This Obama shit is not hate it is the truth. Landslide? Growing economy? Don't be an imbecile.

If a Republican was in the White House under these same conditions you wouldn't support these results and you would be calling him a buffoon.

Last edited by miwingman on Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:55 pm 
Policy Wonk

has richard gephardt's name appeared yet in these nine pages?

Yes. I mentioned it on Saturday afternoon.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:34 pm 
Policy Wonk

Cincinnati has a bakery owned by these fools you say are talented, yet they failed to maintain the equipment right to the closing.
Why do you think that is? I know why!

Oh! Oh! I know! I know! They didn't maintain the equipment because they never had any intention of being in business in the long run? The intention from the get-go was to break the company.

It has all the hallmarks of a classical vulture capitalist take down. The union knew it and wasn't about to let them take their pensions too. If it was just about wages, only about wages, the workers would have accepted concessions. I would have. I'm an average worker. Perhaps glen and wingman believe me, and all union members, to be stupid.

Perhaps the workers should have given up their pensions. You know, that agreement they had to help support them after retirement. Maybe glen and wingman can give us a reason why they should have done that, and what the worker should then do or should have done.

"Hey, long time employee, you've a lot of money in your retirement fund. Give it to us or we're closing". Glen would have gleefully accepted this deal.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:56 pm 
Policy Wonk

A landslide really? He won by 3 million votes out of 116+ million cast. The economy isnt growing enough to create jobs for those entering the job market let alone the people who are currently unemployed. As most of those 18,500 the union just put on the street will soon learn.

Yes.... a landslide.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:58 pm 
Policy Wonk

Who died and left you boss? This Obama shit is not hate it is the truth. Landslide? Growing economy? Don't be an imbecile.

If a Republican was in the White House under these same conditions you wouldn't support these results and you would be calling him a buffoon.

Remember... these are your words...

Just because you say it doesn't make it true.

And besides.... an 8 year mess can't be cleaned up in 4 years. Your side lost... AGAIN. The economy is getting better no thanks to any Republican ideas/policies.

Last edited by tazdrummer on Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:19 pm 
Site Admin

Maybe Hostess should have looked to the DNC for the solution for their economic troubles. Which would have been increase wages, borrow more money, increase costs, and raise prices.

Hey glenn, let me put it to you in terms you would understand.
You have an over-weight trailer that has to go to Fargo Nd. and the tires are pretty worn, some are showing gouges in the sides, and your tractor tires aren't that much better. You know it's going to be an overnighter but in this weather, it's not going to be the greatest knowing that the heater core in the cab sprang a leak in the summer so it was your quick fix to just by-pass it back then, but now it's going to be a very cold drive. The starter has been acting up lately as well, having to jump out of the cab to start it by smacking it with a hammer a few times to turn over.... etc. You give it an old college try to get the delivery done and get back to turn it in the garage to get the fixes needed for the next run... only to find out you have to make yet another trip to Montana.

That's what these bakeries have turned to under this management. The infrastructure has been eroded, some of the newer equipment had failed and was shut down and moved out of the way for the aged old back-ups to run to get the job done. Ovens shutting down prematurely, and the workforce swears the equipment was sabotaged but they can't prove it other than they could show that it has been malfunctioning, and no service tech. staff to make the repairs... many were laid off a while ago.

The Boss's got their raises, but the working staff were told they were going to have to pay more for their health care, lose vacation time (which they use for sick time as well) and they were going to get a serious reduction of pay to boot.

The straw that broke the camel's back.

Your trolling attitude really stinks all through this thread, and it shows how much of a loser you really are.

Image . Image

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:20 pm 
Board Emeritus

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:08 pm 
Policy Wonk

No Glenn, you don't fix a failing company that way. You fire your marketing department and the CEO's who are behind the times, and you send your new marking team out to find out what people want to buy, and then evolve to the new demands of the market place. I haven't touched a Hostess item in over 30 years. Lots of people are becoming more and more alarmed with the obesity rates in this country and are looking at ways to address it, for adults and kids.

Wonder bread? Really? How much white bread do you see on the shelves lately. The shelves are full of brands of various whole wheat and whole grain breads. So many, it's hard to find my brand sometimes, because they all look so much alike.

And greasy sweet treats for lunches? Homemade whole wheat cookies or whole wheat carrot cake muffins, or an apple and peanut butter are far better for you than Hostess sugar infused grease bombs. If you start your kids young enough, they can learn how to eat healthy and enjoy it. We don't really need Hostess crap around any more. I understand they had some brands that were more wholesome, and some of those may survive, but I will not cry if ho ho's and twinkies bite the dust.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

The buffoon was the previous occupant, who handed over an economy to Barack Obama that was bleeding 750,000 jobs every month in the winter of 2009. I don't believe we've been losing 750,000 jobs every month for quite some time now. American corporations are generating record profits, housing starts are increasing...yep, the economy is showing some growth. How's about you don't be a partisan moron.

This is not Barack Obama's recession.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:42 pm 
Board Emeritus

after four years? when, in your view, does a president have to take responsibility for the policies and practices he has initiated in response the the conditions inherited?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

after four years? when, in your view, does a president have to take responsibility for the policies and practices he has initiated in response the the conditions inherited?

Well, first, Bush left with the worst financial disaster since the Great Depression, which took MANY years to fix. It took Bush eight years to screw things up, I'll give Obama eight to fix them.

And remember the Republicans have done everything they could to keep the economy a failure.

It's funny how you try to tell us you aren't a conservative. Your Obama hatred shows through the little "attacking Obama from the left" game you play.

GoU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:56 pm 
Board Emeritus

first, the assumption that all blame falls upon bush is wrong. there was no indication during his tenure that the democrat party blocked the, er, party, or stood for fiscal responsibility. i would of course welcome that evidence.

second, you seem to be finding critical analysis for the purpose of defining the truthful state of affairs highly allergenic. this condition is chronic and results in insulting reactions harmful to your blood pressure.

turd, the default hatred glare simply shines into the mirror back upon you and places you in your own unkindly anti-lovelight.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:32 am 
Policy Wonk

The buffoon was the previous occupant, who handed over an economy to Barack Obama that was bleeding 750,000 jobs every month in the winter of 2009. I don't believe we've been losing 750,000 jobs every month for quite some time now. American corporations are generating record profits, housing starts are increasing...yep, the economy is showing some growth. How's about you don't be a partisan moron.

This is not Barack Obama's recession.

Sure it is. The 750,000 a month job losses ceased in the spring of 2009 before Obama's ideas even took hold. Meaning they would have stopped anyway. The road back has been impeded by Obama's policies.

Also Obama just didn't step on the scene in January 2009. He supported policies that caused the bubble and the crash since he entered politics. His hands are just as dirty as anyone else and his management of the government's finances since he took office proves it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:34 am 
Policy Wonk

Well, first, Bush left with the worst financial disaster since the Great Depression, which took MANY years to fix. It took Bush eight years to screw things up, I'll give Obama eight to fix them.

And remember the Republicans have done everything they could to keep the economy a failure.

It's funny how you try to tell us you aren't a conservative. Your Obama hatred shows through the little "attacking Obama from the left" game you play.

GoU

Not true. Carter left Reagan with a bigger mess.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 am 
Board Emeritus

I love it when the left admits Obama is a failure. Which they do everytime they make excuses for his failures.
BTW I wonder if they ever like to look at the economic numbers before they won the house and senate during Bush second term. Then compare them where they stood after two years of Dem controll of those bodies?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:40 am 
Board Emeritus

GoU

However if after 8 years of them being the same or worse you will blame the GOP and agian vote for the DNC candidate.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:41 am 
Board Emeritus

I love it when the left admits Obama is a failure. Which they do everytime they make excuses for his failures.
BTW I wonder if they ever like to look at the economic numbers before they won the house and senate during Bush second term. Then compare them where they stood after two years of Dem controll of those bodies?

How about you do that for us to prove your point. That is YOUR responsibilty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:53 am 
Board Emeritus

first, the assumption that all blame falls upon bush is wrong. there was no indication during his tenure that the democrat party blocked the, er, party, or stood for fiscal responsibility. i would of course welcome that evidence.

It's the DemocratIC Party. More proof that you are a far-right conservative trying to masquerade as a liberal attacking Obama from the left.
Quote:
second, you seem to be finding critical analysis for the purpose of defining the truthful state of affairs highly allergenic. this condition is chronic and results in insulting reactions harmful to your blood pressure.

turd, the default hatred glare simply shines into the mirror back upon you and places you in your own unkindly anti-lovelight.

Turd? What are you, six years old? For such an intellectual powerhouse, you keep coming back to childish name-calling.

GoU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:57 am 
Board Emeritus

Not true. Carter left Reagan with a bigger mess.

Carter did not leave us with two wars and the largest fiscal crisis since the Great Depression. You don't have a clue, do you?

GoU

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next