Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

News and events of the day
Libertas

Re: Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

Post by Libertas »

marindem01 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:38 pm Yeah, I was watching when Dr. Maddow reported it. Fuck Pence that lying POS.
https://youtu.be/IWe9FSY9VEk

Trump, the man the board cons love (they must, they vote for his party) on stage with insurrectionist group. Which is why the cons are my enemy. :twisted:
I sigh in your general direction.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Guiliani and Other Member's of Traitor's Defense Team Receive Subpeonas.

https://apnews.com/article/capitol-sieg ... 84833850ed.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The House committee investigating the Capitol insurrection issued subpoenas Tuesday to Rudy Giuliani and other members of Donald Trump’s post-election legal team who filed multiple lawsuits claiming election fraud that were roundly rejected by the courts but gave rise to the lie that Trump did not really lose the 2020 presidential contest.

The committee is continuing to widen its scope into Trump’s orbit, this time demanding information and testimony from Giuliani, Jenna Ellis, Sidney Powell and Boris Epshteyn. All four publicly defended the president and his baseless voter fraud claims in the months after the election.

The four individuals we’ve subpoenaed today advanced unsupported theories about election fraud, pushed efforts to overturn the election results, or were in direct contact with the former President about attempts to stop the counting of electoral votes,” Mississippi Rep. Bennie Thompson, Democratic chairman of the panel, said in a statement.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

None of them will show up.

Look at this!

https://www.rawstory.com/eric-trump-phone-records/

January 6 committee has obtained phone records from Eric Trump and Kimberly Guilfoyle: CNN
If the GOP is allowed to steal elections the companies that provided these records better watch out, fascists dont take kindly to truth.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Some Rioters Dared To Call Nancy Pelosi's Office After Chaos Looking For Lost Items.

https://www.newsweek.com/some-rioters-d ... ms-1669746.

Capitol Police received unexpected help a day after last year's January 6 riot, when members of the mob called asking for help recovering lost phones, purses and other personal items.

Democratic Representative Jamie Raskin of Maryland made the revelation to Insider on Friday. A member of a congressional committee investigating the insurrection, Raskin told the news outlet that a day after ransacking the Capitol, rioters called House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office asking if there was a lost and found to retrieve their personal effects.

"The officers quickly got on the phone and said, yeah, just give us your name, your address, your Social, you know, and we'll tie up those loose ends," Raskin said, according to Insider. Officers took down their information, he said.

I mean for fuck sake. There is dumb and then there is Insurrectionist Dumb, "Hi, my is name Karl and I wanted to hang Nancy, and I left my cell in her office, could I get it back"
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

It makes sense though.

They were told to go there and attack our reps by TRUMP himself, there is no reason why they would think that they were criminals.

The same will apply when trump orders them to shoot us.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

LOOK at this SHIT

https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-repub ... 24926.html

New Mexico Republican who signed bogus electoral certificate says he has 'no regrets whatsoever'
Drak

Post by Drak »

Trump has been fighting like made to stop and delay these records from being released. He was ultimately denied.

Hugo Lowell - verified @hugolowell
12m
BREAKING: Supreme Court denies Trump effort to stop the release of Trump White House documents to the Jan. 6 select committee.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:33 pm Trump has been fighting like made to stop and delay these records from being released. He was ultimately denied.

Hugo Lowell - verified @hugolowell
12m
BREAKING: Supreme Court denies Trump effort to stop the release of Trump White House documents to the Jan. 6 select committee.
Good news, but nothing the committee does means jack-shit if when they refer to the DOJ the indictments that are appropriate, if the DOJ then does nothing. I know they indicted some of the insurrectionists, but they have to go after the top folks including the traitor himself or it all means nothing.

I am usually the one cheering on the Democrats NO MATTER WHAT because their default position is always to help not harm, but Garland worries me. Praying he will prove me wrong.

Did you all see my thread about DeJoy ordering ALL first-class mail CANT be sent by air and must be driven only and the average delivery time per an INSURANCE COMPANY IS not 3 days but now TWENTY-ONE DAYS? This is an insurance company telling me this, which means it is in fact the case. The last thing they want to do is admit this because then the insureds/clients have a better chance to argue cancellations.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Here is the POLITICO Report: Supreme Court Rejects Trump's Bid To Shield Records For Jan. 06 Committee.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/1 ... rds-527421.

The Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected former President Donald Trump’s bid to use executive privilege to block a House committee investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection from accessing a trove of records created by Trump’s White House.

The move opens up a trove of documents to Jan. 6 investigators who have sought them to determine Trump’s actions and mindset in the weeks leading up to the Jan. 6 attack, as well as what he did as his supporters were rioting at the Capitol.

The only Justice to vote to support the Traitor's attempt to block his records was Clarence Thomas.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Great news Marindem and Drak, wonder what the board cons will say when trumps crimes #3,783-#3,908 are exposed in those documents. It is amazing to watch them openly support the most corrupt human on earth. :twisted:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/group-afpac-t ... d=76418773

https://twitter.com/bensiegel/status/14 ... 71427?s=20

The
@January6thCmte
has subpoenaed far-right white nationalist activists Nick Fuentes and Patrick Casey for records and testimony.

More on Fuentes and his group here via
@wsteaks
:
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

Libertas wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:42 pm Good news, but nothing the committee does means jack-shit if when they refer to the DOJ the indictments that are appropriate, if the DOJ then does nothing. I know they indicted some of the insurrectionists, but they have to go after the top folks including the traitor himself or it all means nothing.

I am usually the one cheering on the Democrats NO MATTER WHAT because their default position is always to help not harm, but Garland worries me. Praying he will prove me wrong.

Did you all see my thread about DeJoy ordering ALL first-class mail CANT be sent by air and must be driven only and the average delivery time per an INSURANCE COMPANY IS not 3 days but now TWENTY-ONE DAYS? This is an insurance company telling me this, which means it is in fact the case. The last thing they want to do is admit this because then the insureds/clients have a better chance to argue cancellations.
Lib, you need to stop with the whole Debbie Downer. We know the DOJ is investigating higher ups. Your worst case scenarios do not help. You just plain cannot see the blue sky. You love to create the worst and go with it.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Justice Thomas is the only one who sided with Trump, and it's not a suprise considering his wife is a hyper partisan operative who helped fund the insurrection. He needs to step down.

carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:47 pm Great news Marindem and Drak, wonder what the board cons will say when trumps crimes #3,783-#3,908 are exposed in those documents.
They'll just go start some asinine thread about what a racist Stacey Abrams is, or whatever.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:47 pmIt is amazing to watch them openly support the most corrupt human on earth.
That is not very civil!!!!

I mean, forget how un-civil it is to support a party packed with WNs, WSs, misogynists and other bigots!!

We must be civil to these disease-spreading abusers of humanity because then they'll start being nicer because that always works so well!!!!

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:01 pm That is not very civil!!!!

I mean, forget how un-civil it is to support a party packed with WNs, WSs, misogynists and other bigots!!

We must be civil to these disease-spreading abusers of humanity because then they'll start being nicer because that always works so well!!!!
As I have said before, FUCK CIVILITY!!!
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

2 Brothers and Cousin Arrested In Illinois On Charges Stemming From Capitol Breach.

https://nordot.app/856660410575765504?c ... 7532812385

HICAGO — Three Illinois men were arrested Wednesday on federal charges alleging they illegally entered the U.S. Capitol during the Jan. 6 riot.

Anthony Carollo, 23, his brother, Jeremiah Carollo, 45, and their cousin, Cody Vollan, 31, were all charged with misdemeanor counts of unlawfully entering a restricted government building and disorderly conduct on U.S. Capitol grounds.

Anthony Carollo and Vollan were arrested in the Lockport area and were scheduled to appear before a magistrate judge in U.S. District Court in Chicago on Wednesday afternoon. Jeremiah Carollo, who lives in downstate Glen Carbon, was scheduled to have an initial court appearance in the Southern District of Illinois, records show.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

How Oaf Keepers Are Accused of Plotting To Storm the Capitol.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... -riot.html.
Last edited by marindem01 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:47 am How Oath Keepers Are Accused of Plotting To Storm the Capitol.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/202 ... -riot.html.
I was just reading some things at the Rural Organizing Project for the new theory...movements... thread, and ran across this from 2016. We can see their trajectory over the past 13 short years.

The Patriot Movement, Past & Present - Rural Organizing Project
Oath Keepers

The Oath Keepers were founded in 2009 by Stewart Rhodes, a lawyer (although he was disbarred in December 2015) and a former aide to U.S. Representative Ron Paul from Texas.(33) The group is registered as a 501(c)3.(34) It is a dues-paying, membership group of current and former law enforcement, military, and first responders—although others are allowed to join as “associate members.”(35) The Oath Keepers claim to have 40,000 members, although the Anti-Defamation League estimates the real number is “at least” 2,000.(36)

Members pledge to disobey orders they see as unconstitutional. The Oath Keepers’ ten “Orders We Will Not Obey” illustrates their reliance on 1960s anticommunist conspiracy theories which the John Birch Society made into staples of the Hard Right, and used by the militia movement as well. The Oath Keepers apparently believe the federal government is about to:

• seize all privately held guns;

• suspend privacy rights;

• detain right-wing activists as “unlawful enemy combatants”;

• impose martial law on the individual states, before invading them;

• “blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps”;

• round citizens up and force them into “detention camps”;

• allow foreign troops to invade the United States;

• confiscate privately held possessions—including food; and

• end the right to free speech.(37)

The Oath Keepers’ national leadership is imbued with libertarian economics and conspiracy theories. They have locals all over the country, which have a high level of autonomy, although the national group will sometimes step in to direct their organizing or discipline local groups.

The Oath Keepers are the most mainstream of the Patriot movement groups, and they often intentionally soft-sell their actual politics. The group loudly denies being a “militia” but has increased its paramilitary activities in recent years. In Texas, they have held armed marches; in both 2014 and 2015, armed members went to Ferguson during the demonstrations; and members went to the armed encampments of the Bundy Ranch in Nevada, Sugar Pine Mine in Oregon, and Montana’s White Hope Mine. They formed Community Preparedness Teams, which include armed members. In July 2014, they also sent members to Murrieta, California, to help right-wing activists who blocked buses transporting undocumented immigrants. (This, however, was not an armed action.)(38) In July 2015, the Oath Keepers’ “Protect the Protectors” program had members “guard” military recruiting stations including several in Oregon, after a possible Islamist “lone wolf” attack in Tennessee.(39)

Oath Keepers participated as individual members at the march in Burns on January 2, 2016 in support of the Hammond family, and many stayed in the town during the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in order to build support for their movement’s politics.(40) The national group later lent its support those efforts. (See appendix II.)

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ZoWie »

I could be wrong, but I don't see Oath Keepers as a necessarily rural phenomenon. Coming up through the peace movement, I still see it more like a militarized society creating a fringe element that seeks military style solutions to political conflicts in the civilian culture. Since most of the current conflict seems to have racial divisions at its core, we see a lot of white-nationalist politics creeping in, but where I live there are other groups, including those of color, where people buy into the peace through superior firepower paradigm.

Around here there are quite a few left-moderate people with arsenals. The way LA is getting, if it actually did help to go around packed, I would in a second, but it doesn't, so I won't. But you drive around with the understanding that half the cars you see probably have guns in the consoles.

The Proud Boys cause quite a bit of trouble in New York. I don't know how many actually live in Manhattan, but they ride the subway like everyone else. There was quite the rumble at a Democratic Party event they crashed. It was in a semi-rich part of the Upper East Side over on the Yorkville-ish periphery of same. A couple of PB are doing time from that one.

These of course are the groups you've heard of. There are plenty of less formal ones that you haven't, all full of strapped up white guys with beards. It's a Phenomenon, and a rather old one.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

The founder of the Oath Keepers, Elmer Stewart Rhodes, went to Yale. Not a bumpkin.

I even heard he may have been a member of S & B, might blow Alex Jones' mind.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

ProfX wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:24 pm The founder of the Oath Keepers, Elmer Stewart Rhodes, went to Yale. Not a bumpkin.
Oh that's right, forgot about that. He did, as a matter of fact.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:20 pm I could be wrong, but I don't see Oath Keepers as a necessarily rural phenomenon.
ProfX wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:24 pm The founder of the Oath Keepers, Elmer Stewart Rhodes, went to Yale. Not a bumpkin.

I even heard he may have been a member of S & B, might blow Alex Jones' mind.
Yes, they pander and recruit.

I do not think of the Oat Eaters as primarily rural, either, but this article highlights their activities in rural Oregon and Malheur.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

Posted on another thread, but it is very important.

Ghouli Reportely In Charge of Fake Electors Who File Fake Election Certifcates For The Traitor.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/rudy-giu ... 40a689cda7

Traitor acolyte and former personal attorney Rudy Giuliani coordinated the filing of forged election certificates by slates of fake Republican electors in five states for the 2020 presidential race, The Washington Post and CNN reported Thursday.

Now Democrats are investigating if crimes were committed as part of the operation and how closely the Traitor may have been involved in the plot. Trump had openly encouraged an “alternate electors” scheme after he went down to defeat in the 2020 election.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

It gets even worse.

Read The Never-Issue Traitor Order That Would Have Seized Voting Machines.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/2 ... nes-527572.

Among the records that Donald Trump’s lawyers tried to shield from Jan. 6 investigators are a draft executive order that would have directed the defense secretary to seize voting machines and a document titled “Remarks on National Healing.”

POLITICO has reviewed both documents. The text of the draft executive order is published here for the first time.
Drak

Post by Drak »

marindem01 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:44 pm It gets even worse.

Read The Never-Issue Traitor Order That Would Have Seized Voting Machines.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/2 ... nes-527572.

Among the records that Donald Trump’s lawyers tried to shield from Jan. 6 investigators are a draft executive order that would have directed the defense secretary to seize voting machines and a document titled “Remarks on National Healing.”

POLITICO has reviewed both documents. The text of the draft executive order is published here for the first time.
Full blown coup.