California Plans To Close Nation's Largest Row

News and events of the day
marindem01

California Plans To Close Nation's Largest Row

Post by marindem01 »

California will put the country’s largest death row out of commission, Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) announced Monday.

https://thehill.com/changing-america/re ... -death-row

After placing a moratorium on all executions three years ago, Newsom will now move all death row inmates housed at San Quentin State Prison to other maximum-security prisons in the state, according to The Associated Press.

The prospect of your ending up on death row has more to do with your wealth and race than it does your guilt or innocence,” Newsom said, according to the outlet. “We talk about justice, we preach justice, but as a nation, we don’t practice it on death row.”
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
carmenjonze

Re: California Plans To Close Nation's Largest Row

Post by carmenjonze »

Good!

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

This should happened a long time ago. Capitol Punishment IS NOT A DETERRENT. Capitol Punishment IS RACIST. Good for Governor Newsom.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

If capital punishment is a deterrent then why are there still murders? About the only deterrent to murder is each person's own moral code and even that doesn't always serve as a deterrent. There is no solution to murders. The only thing to do with murderers is to remove them from society and keep them in prison.
When you vote left, you vote right.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

At my last call for jury duty, I was asked if I could vote for the death penalty for the trial I had been called for.

I asked if the D.A. if that she would be asking me to put a person to death, and if so didn't that make her (the DA) just as guilty of murder as the person she was about to put on trial. She had a very puzzled look on her face after I was dismissed.