Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

News and events of the day
JoeMemphis

Re: Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:55 pm So you are saying that, even though two Republicans are on the Committee, including Liz Cheney, no friend to Democrats, you don't have any confidence it will be a legit investigation.

You don't think Cheney will say something if she doesn't agree with it?
Where exactly did you get that?
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 1:59 pm Where exactly did you get that?
You keep dancing, and offer lots of word salad, but zero actual stances.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://www.rawstory.com/event-strategies-inc/

Trump campaign blasted out curious payments the day after Jan. 6 riot -- to people not previously on the payroll
Donald Trump used the firm Event Strategies to help set up his rally that day, and it's become the preferred staging group for the former president and other Republicans despite its ties to the violent assault on the U.S. Capitol, reported The Daily Beast.

Trump's fundraising organizations have paid the firm about $800,000 since the insurrection, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, including a $31,358 payment on Aug. 13 by Make America Great Again Action, a the super PAC previously run by Corey Lewandowski shut down last month amid sexual assault allegations.

The National Republican Congressional Committee reported spending about $3,675 for "facility rental" with the firm and $6,000 for "audio visual/staging" in late June, and Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) paid $200,000 and $7,038 to the company in late August.
What is more unusual, that he hired provocateurs to overthrow the government, or that the deadbeat actually PAID them, his debt, for the first time in his life?
I sigh in your general direction.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:02 pm You keep dancing, and offer lots of word salad, but zero actual stances.
So you don’t know or can’t say. I take stances. I just don’t take stances you like. I have no issue with the House investigating Jan 6. That’s their right as the House under the Constitution. They can issue subpoena's and the DOJ should do everything in its power to enforce such subpoena power.

I have no idea what will come of said investigation. So it follows I don’t have an opinion on results when we don’t know what the results will be. You may have already made up your mind.

I do hope that if the GOP takes the house in the mid terms you and Drak will be just as adamant about the right of the house to oversight of the executive and will adamantly insist that the DOJ enforce congressional referrals.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:17 pm So you don’t know or can’t say. I take stances. I just don’t take stances you like. I have no issue with the House investigating Jan 6. That’s their right as the House under the Constitution. They can issue subpoena's and the DOJ should do everything in its power to enforce such subpoena power.

I have no idea what will come of said investigation. So it follows I don’t have an opinion on results when we don’t know what the results will be. You may have already made up your mind.

I do hope that if the GOP takes the house in the mid terms you and Drak will be just as adamant about the right of the house to oversight of the executive and will adamantly insist that the DOJ enforce congressional referrals.
More word salad bullshit.

So, you equate what the House is doing now with the GOP House Benghazi hearings, right?
Drak

Post by Drak »

The GOP House is trying to bury a legit investigation here, and as I said, the GOP vilified their own SC appointee as as left wing operative, so this sentence is complete nonsense.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Drak

Post by Drak »

And make no mistake. If the Jan 6th Committee is still together, if the GOP wins the House, they will shut it down. They will also draw articles to impeach Joe Biden.

gounion

Post by gounion »

We have seen what the GOP does with Congressional investigations, which are often, as in the case of Benghazi, witch hunts, and are thus, while legal, witch hunts for political purposes only.

And that's what, ultimately, Joe Memphis refuses to do. He refuses to say whether he deems this investigation legitimate or not. A question he won't answer, and that's telling.

He's always been to scared to actually answer my questions. I'm never scared of his.
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:20 pm More word salad bullshit.

So, you equate what the House is doing now with the GOP House Benghazi hearings, right?
I think the house had a right to investigate both matters. I take it you don’t think all congressional oversight committee investigations are “legitimate”. Is that what you are asserting?
JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:28 pm We have seen what the GOP does with Congressional investigations, which are often, as in the case of Benghazi, witch hunts, and are thus, while legal, witch hunts for political purposes only.

And that's what, ultimately, Joe Memphis refuses to do. He refuses to say whether he deems this investigation legitimate or not. A question he won't answer, and that's telling.

He's always been to scared to actually answer my questions. I'm never scared of his.
So you make my point for me. You appear to want to pick and choose which congressional investigations are legitimate. You and Drak both appear to want that power. I guess that means you think it’s okay to ignore lawful subpoenas from congressional committees you consider nothing more than witch hunts. That doesn’t sound biased at all.

Which means we have to have a process insulated from politics. So ideologues can’t just ignore the things they don’t happen to like.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:37 pm So you make my point for me. You appear to want to pick and choose which congressional investigations are legitimate. You and Drak both appear to want that power. I guess that means you think it’s okay to ignore lawful subpoenas from congressional committees you consider nothing more than witch hunts. That doesn’t sound biased at all.

Which means we have to have a process insulated from politics. So ideologues can’t just ignore the things they don’t happen to like.
The Benghazi investigation was not legitimate in any way. An honest person would admit that.

Yes, some House investigations have NOT been legitimate. But the House Investigation into Jan 6th is.

Pretty cut and dried.

But I'm QUITE sure that if the GOP takes back the House, and investigates all kinds of stupid shit, you'll cheer them on.

I know where I stand, and I'm not afraid to stand for it. Unlike yourself.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Benghazi was a political hit job operation more than an investigation. It went on for 4 years. Across American history people have been killed at embassies and there were never investigations and resources used that this level.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... story.html
Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), the likely successor to House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), told Fox News’s Sean Hannity explicitly on Tuesday night that the Clinton investigation was part of a “strategy to fight and win.”

He explained: “Everybody thought Hillary Clinton was unbeatable, right? But we put together a Benghazi special committee, a select committee. What are her numbers today? Her numbers are dropping. Why? Because she’s untrustable. But no one would have known any of that had happened, had we not fought.”
https://www.vox.com/2015/10/15/9539481/ ... e-designed
Last month, House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy linked the panel's inquiry to Clinton's diminished poll numbers during an interview on Fox. That moment of inadvertent clarity bolstered arguments by Clinton and her allies that the committee is a political weapon, rather than a serious investigative body. It was so damaging to Republicans that it hurt McCarthy's bid to become speaker of the House, a race he withdrew from last week.

Now, in explaining what happened with McCarthy, a second House Republican has made a more provocative concession that plays into Clinton's hands just a week before she is due to testify before the Benghazi committee. Rep. Richard Hanna (R-NY), echoing some Democratic talking points, told radio host Bill Keeler on Wednesday that the probe has been aimed at Clinton all along.

"Kevin McCarthy basically blew himself up with that comment over the Benghazi committee, which, sometimes the biggest sin you can commit in DC is to tell the truth," Hanna said. "This may not be politically correct, but I think that there was a big part of this investigation that was designed to go after people, an individual, Hillary Clinton. And I think there's also a lot of it that’s important that we needed to get to the bottom of this. But this has been the longest investigation, longer than Watergate."
Comparing Benghazi to an attack on the Capital. Wow.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:39 pm The Benghazi investigation was not legitimate in any way. An honest person would admit that.

Yes, some House investigations have NOT been legitimate. But the House Investigation into Jan 6th is.

Pretty cut and dried.

But I'm QUITE sure that if the GOP takes back the House, and investigates all kinds of stupid shit, you'll cheer them on.

I know where I stand, and I'm not afraid to stand for it. Unlike yourself.
I see where you stand. Today. Tomorrow you will changedepending on the politics. You always do.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Here's more.

The Benghazi investigation was bogus. It went on for 4 fucking years. The GOP has admitted it was a political hit job.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/10 ... itics.html

Trey Gowdy
“Congressional investigations unfortunately are usually overtly political investigations, where it is to one side’s advantage to drag things out,” says Gowdy. “The notion that one side is playing the part of defense attorney and that the other side is just these white-hat defenders of the truth is laughable … This is politics"...

When Gowdy was running his endless hearings into Benghazi — a 2012 guerrilla attack that conservative conspiracy theorists had endlessly attempted to use as evidence of an imagined treasonous plot by the Obama administration — he piously insisted the proceedings were designed solely to discover the truth. “As I have said countless times before, this is not about politics,” said Gowdy last year, in one of many such comments. “This is not even about any one individual or a single investigation.””

But Joe thinks investigating Benghazi was just as important as the attack on the Capital. And he's saying others are not objective? The games are just so sad. Joe constantly ignores facts placed before him though, and pretends they don't exist. Like all the articles I'm posting in here with direct quotes.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:51 pm Here's more.

The Benghazi investigation was bogus. It went on for 4 fucking years. The GOP has admitted it was a political hit job.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/10 ... itics.html

Trey Gowdy

But Joe thinks investigating Benghazi was just as important as the attack on the Capital. And he's saying others are not objective? The games are just so sad. Joe constantly ignores facts placed before him though, and pretends they don't exist. Like all the articles I'm posting in here with direct quotes.
I don’t think I compared one event to another. So you misrepresent what I posted. They are/were both legitimate congressional hearings. I don’t think either of them should be obstructed in anyway by the administration. You appear to want the power to choose which one you get to obstruct. Why do I get the impression that would more often than not be a one-sided decision based solely on politics.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:41 pm I see where you stand. Today. Tomorrow you will changedepending on the politics. You always do.
Politics should be out of it, and it certainly is with the Jan 6th investigation.

In the Benghazi investigation, the Democrats called out the investigation the whole time, as the Democrats had no say or no power whatsoever. Benghazi had already been investigated. The Issa investigation was for one reason only - to politically damage Clinton ahead of her Presidential run.

And you want to equate the House Jan 6th Committee to the that illegitimate "investigation".

It was not in any way, shape or form "legitimate". It was a political witch hunt.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:57 pm I don’t think I compared one event to another. So you misrepresent what I posted. They are/were both legitimate congressional hearings. I don’t think either of them should be obstructed in anyway by the administration. You appear to want the power to choose which one you get to obstruct. Why do I get the impression that would more often than not be a one-sided decision based solely on politics.
Playing games again I see. No one is misrepresenting anything. You think they were both important and legitimate and you're still trying to say so. The Republicans admitted Benghazi was a political hit job. This is more of your both sides are the same utter bullshit.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

gounion wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:02 pm Politics should be out of it, and it certainly is with the Jan 6th investigation.

In the Benghazi investigation, the Democrats called out the investigation the whole time, as the Democrats had no say or no power whatsoever. Benghazi had already been investigated. The Issa investigation was for one reason only - to politically damage Clinton ahead of her Presidential run.

And you want to equate the House Jan 6th Committee to the that illegitimate "investigation".

It was not in any way, shape or form "legitimate". It was a political witch hunt.
That’s just more horseshit. Both are congressional oversight investigations. When republicans get investigated they call it a witch hunt. When Democrats get investigated, they call it a witch hunt. That why we need independent investigations. No obstruction for political purposes. Thanks to you and Drak for helping make that point.
gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:24 pm That’s just more horseshit. Both are congressional oversight investigations. When republicans get investigated they call it a witch hunt. When Democrats get investigated, they call it a witch hunt. That why we need independent investigations. No obstruction for political purposes. Thanks to you and Drak for helping make that point.
Sorry, you made our point.

You are all for the GOP witch hunts. Got it. And, when they start investigations into Biden, Harris, Hunter Biden, Pelosi et al, as well as the 2020 elections, you'll say they're all "legit".

Because of course, Republicans are always honest and above board.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:24 pm That’s just more horseshit. Both are congressional oversight investigations. When republicans get investigated they call it a witch hunt. When Democrats get investigated, they call it a witch hunt. That why we need independent investigations. No obstruction for political purposes. Thanks to you and Drak for helping make that point.
You never made a point. Trey Gowdy admitting it's what they do isn't an admission from Democrats. The investigation regarding the Jan 6 is not a political hit job. Even though they've admitted the purpose of Bengahzi, you still said it was important. Those of us paying attention could see exactly what it was, and we were correct. I've also pointed out what happened when Mueller was appointed, which you continue to ignore. You will NEVER admit you're wrong because you either pretend you don't know what's going, actually don't know what's going on but then pretend you do, or talk in bullshit, all because of your ego.

JoeMemphis

Post by JoeMemphis »

Drak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:10 pm Playing games again I see. No one is misrepresenting anything. You think they were both important and legitimate and you're still trying to say so. The Republicans admitted Benghazi was a political hit job. This is more of your both sides are the same utter bullshit.
I think it’s important the legitimate subpoenas are enforced by the administration and not dismissed for purely political reasons. Yeah. I think that’s important. I don’t expect the subject of the investigation to get to dismiss or ignore subpoenas because they think it’s a witch hunt. You want to go down that road then you can’t complain when something you believe is important is ignored.

You either believe the process needs to work for both parties or you don’t. I’m getting the impression you want your cake and to eat it too.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Drak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:28 pm You never made a point. Trey Gowdy admitting it's what they do isn't an admission from Democrats. The investigation regarding the Jan 6 is not a political hit job. Even though they've admitted the purpose of Bengahzi, you still said it was important. Those of us paying attention could see exactly what it was, and we were correct. I've also pointed out what happened when Mueller was appointed, which you continue to ignore. You will NEVER admit you're wrong because you either pretend you don't know what's going, actually don't know what's going on but then pretend you do, or talk in bullshit, all because of your ego.
Let's remember that Joe never pays attention to anything. He wallows in his ignorance.
Drak

Post by Drak »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:29 pm I think it’s important the legitimate subpoenas are enforced by the administration and not dismissed for purely political reasons. Yeah. I think that’s important. I don’t expect the subject of the investigation to get to dismiss or ignore subpoenas because they think it’s a witch hunt. You want to go down that road then you can’t complain when something you believe is important is ignored.

You either believe the process needs to work for both parties or you don’t. I’m getting the impression you want your cake and to eat it too.
Keep talking in your bullshit and ignore everything pointed out to you. It's what you do.

gounion

Post by gounion »

JoeMemphis wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:29 pm I think it’s important the legitimate subpoenas are enforced by the administration and not dismissed for purely political reasons. Yeah. I think that’s important. I don’t expect the subject of the investigation to get to dismiss or ignore subpoenas because they think it’s a witch hunt. You want to go down that road then you can’t complain when something you believe is important is ignored.

So, if one party protests the whole thing, like the Dems did in the Issa investigation, they are doing only for politics, and the investigation is stlll legit, right?
gounion

Post by gounion »

Drak wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:30 pm Keep talking in your bullshit and ignore everything pointed out to you. It's what you do.
I ignore nothing, I rebut it all. Deal with it.

You're the one that refuses to answer questions. The GOP would love you. You have their lack of honesty.