January 6 hearings...

News and events of the day
ZoWie

Re: January 6 hearings...

Post by ZoWie »

Also the committee keeps rerunning that White House attorney's last words to Eastman before hanging up the phone on him. They're something to the effect that he had better get himself a good defense lawyer because he will f-king need one. There's also footage of him addressing the mob at one of drumpf's rallies.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Drak

Post by Drak »

ZoWie wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:16 pm

After today's hearing, I've had it with this shit. You are either for the rule of law or you are against it. If you are against it, I have nothing to say to you.
The local conservatives keep trying to dismiss and dodge. They can't bend reality.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

January 6th was an attempted coup that failed.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:25 pm ABC News @ABC
27m
Judge Luttig believes former Pres. Trump and his supporters "are a clear and present danger to American democracy," saying he worries they will "succeed in 2024 where they failed in 2020."

"I don't speak those words lightly."

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1537524821390725120

Carrie Johnson @johnson_carrie - Verified
"Donald Trump and his supporters are a clear and present danger to American democracy. That's not bc of what happened on January 6th, it's bc to this very day" Trump and his allies would attempt to overturn the 2024 election & possibly succeed, says retired Judge Michael Luttig.

https://twitter.com/johnson_carrie/stat ... 1972661248
Glad Judge Luttig said this out loud.

But I have news for him: white conservatism is destroying this country. He doesn't have to be one, ijs.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Number6 »

Greg Jacob, a Trump White House lawyer, testified he told Eastman the plan to have Pence certify the alternate slate of electors violated the 12th Amendment and that if it went to the Supreme Court Eastman would lose 9-0. Eastman replied he thought they vote lose 7-2 but then said it would probably be 12-0. So clearly, Eastman knew his plan was bogus and illegal.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:04 pm Glad Judge Luttig said this out loud.

But I have news for him: white conservatism is destroying this country. He doesn't have to be one, ijs.
While testifying, I noticed Judge Luttig spoke very slowly and deliberately as if he was examining all angles to the question before he answered.
When you vote left, you vote right.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Number6 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:12 pm While testifying, I noticed Judge Luttig spoke very slowly and deliberately as if he was examining all angles to the question before he answered.
Yeah, I don't doubt it. Probably because he's putting his life in danger by speaking out against the country's most violent political demographic. Well, the most violent demographic, period.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:16 pm Yeah, I don't doubt it. Probably because he's putting his life in danger by speaking out against the country's most violent political demographic. Well, the most violent demographic, period.
This Nov many judges and people in general will give maga what they want in fear of being killed. Hopefully we dont get killed standing up for our country.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

This seems like a fitting place even though it could go in the batcrap crazy thread.

Trump is out there today offering pardons to those jailed for J6. Continuing to tamper with witnesses and obstruct justice. Enough is enough.

bradman

Post by bradman »

Dare i hope. :shock:

Out of the blue, i get a phone call from my sister. i had written her off after she told me she joined Truth Social where she fell in with the antivax Malone crowd. Thought it a bit odd that she'd call. Especially after our last conversation some months prior when i told her what i thought of Malone and his followers. But since she is my sister, and i love my sister, i thought what the hell. It was after some small talk about how family was doing that she brought up Truth Social. i though, great, here we go again. That's when she told me she quit. Huh? Why? Turns out, after getting the lay of the site she started noticing there were some real nuts there. It was after getting into a conversations with the "King Trump" crowd that she started to have second thoughts. Apparently, some of the nuts thought Trump was the second coming. A god. As she's born again, she tried to inform them that there is only one king and Trumps not him. She said she was swarmed, and then quit. Instead of piling on with i told ya so's, i let it go with a good for her. We ended the conversation on a good note.

So out of curiosity i called my favorite Aunt who is about the only family member my sister talks to on a regular basis. We've both been concerned about my sister in the past. Wow, did i get some hopeful information. Apparently my little sister gave my brother-in-law an ultimatum. Until he watched the Jan. 6th committee and switched up Fox for some MSNBC........She didn't want him to ever raise the subject again. According to my Aunt my sister is starting to get a very good idea on how close we came to losing our democracy.

Dare i hope.
Last edited by bradman on Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Drak

Post by Drak »

bradman wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:57 pm Dare i hope. :shock:

Out of the blue, i get a phone call from my sister. i had written her off after she told me she joined Truth Social where she fell in with the antivax Malone crowd. Thought it a bit odd that she'd call. Especially after our last conversation some months prior when i told her what i thought of Malone and his followers. But since she is my sister, and i love my sister, i thought what the hell. It was after some small talk about how family was doing that she brought up Truth Social. i though, great, here we go again. That's when she told me she quit. Huh? Why? Turns out, after getting the lay of the site she started noticing there were some real nuts there. It was after getting into a conversations with the "King Trump" crowd that she started to have second thoughts. Apparently, some of the nuts thought Trump was the second coming. A god. As she's born again, she tried to inform them that there is only one king and Trumps not him. She said she was swarmed, and then quit. Instead of piling on with i told ya so's, i let it go with a good for her. We ended the conversation on a good note.

So out of curiosity i called my favorite Aunt who is about the only family member my sister talks to on a regular basis. We've both been concerned about my sister in the past. Wow, did i get some hopeful information. Apparently my little sister gave my brother-in-law an ultimatum. Until he watched the Jan. 6th committee and switch up Fox for some MSNBC........She didn't want him to ever raise the subject again. According to my Aunt my sister is starting to get a very good idea on how close we came to losing our democracy.

Dare i hope.
That's good news. They are definitely getting to some who were hard to reach. But the hearings are working and showing many people the truth and reality. The die hards will never be reachable, but then they are the same people/types who showed up to storm the Capital.

bradman

Post by bradman »

Drak wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:02 pm That's good news. They are definitely getting to some who were hard to reach. But the hearings are working and showing many people the truth and reality. The die hards will never be reachable, but then they are the same people/types who showed up to storm the Capital.
i think it was a 1-2 punch. Somehow, being on Truth Social and, perhaps for the first time, really coming up close to what some of the nuts believed in, and were outright willing to say..............it kinda, i dunno, seems to have shocked her a bit. i dunno.....it's still developing. My guess would be Truth Social gave her the nudge needed to actually watch the hearings.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ap215

Post by ap215 »

YouTube removes video from Jan 6 panel including Trump’s election misinformation

YouTube confirmed on Friday that it had removed a video uploaded by the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot for violating the platform’s election integrity policy.

“Our election integrity policy prohibits content advancing false claims that widespread fraud, errors or glitches changed the outcome of the 2020 U.S. presidential election, if it does not provide sufficient context. We enforce our policies equally for everyone, and have removed the video uploaded by the January 6th Committee channel,” Ivy Choi, a YouTube spokesperson, said in a statement.

https://thehill.com/policy/technology/3 ... formation/
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

As we can see, GOP intends to do mass violence.

https://youtu.be/24Vd8Lc_qek

Cant stop it if that many Americans are willing to end democracy with violence.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Nationwide, wall to wall violence if these hearings were about any Democrat doing this...

Cons are allowed by the media and others to be violent law breakers with NO consequences.
hottentot venus

Post by hottentot venus »

i am so ANGRY right now i'm crying....

I KNOW THESE WOMEN!!! I SEE THEM EVERY ELECTION, ALWAYS BLAQ/AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN WORKING THE POLLS....THEY ARE THE NICEST, MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE FOLX I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED DURING ELECTIONS....AND THEY THOROUGHLY ENJOY DOING WHAT THEY DO!!
WHY?? BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT WHEN IT COMES TO BEING A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY.....

AND THAT SORRY SON OF A BYTCH DOXXED THEM TO NO END....AND THEY STILL HAVE NO PROTECTION!!!! OF COURSE, THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY TO BEGIN WITH---AND NO, THE FBI DID NOT OFFER THEM PROTECTION, ONLY ADVICE TO RE-LOCATE!!!

LET'S BE REAL, BLACK MEN AND WOMEN ARE THE BASE OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AND THE REASON THAT VELVEETA VOLDEMORT LOST!!!
MAJORITY OF WHITE MEN AND WOMEN (SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT) VOTED FOR THAT CLOWN AND WERE OK WITH DEMOCRACY GOIN THE WAY OF THE DINOSAUR, JURASSIC PARK MOVIES NOTWITHSTANDING....

PLEASE RESIST THE URGE TO CO-SIGN WHAT i JUST POSTED AND SOMEHOW CENTER YOURSELF....

thanx for lettin me vent y'all...
Blue Lives don't exist.

Stop drawing equivalence between racial identity and a job

Your career is a choice. Being black isn't.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Oh hell, thanks for that HV and personally I have been mad as hell for a long fucking time.

MAGA along with the help of the cons on this board, are going to end our democracy this November or try, and we better be prepared.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

hottentot venus wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 pm i am so ANGRY right now i'm crying....

I KNOW THESE WOMEN!!! I SEE THEM EVERY ELECTION, ALWAYS BLAQ/AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN WORKING THE POLLS....THEY ARE THE NICEST, MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE FOLX I'VE EVER ENCOUNTERED DURING ELECTIONS....AND THEY THOROUGHLY ENJOY DOING WHAT THEY DO!!
WHY?? BECAUSE THEY UNDERSTAND THE ASSIGNMENT WHEN IT COMES TO BEING A CITIZEN OF THIS COUNTRY.....

AND THAT SORRY SON OF A BYTCH DOXXED THEM TO NO END....AND THEY STILL HAVE NO PROTECTION!!!! OF COURSE, THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY TO BEGIN WITH---AND NO, THE FBI DID NOT OFFER THEM PROTECTION, ONLY ADVICE TO RE-LOCATE!!!

LET'S BE REAL, BLACK MEN AND WOMEN ARE THE BASE OF THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AND THE REASON THAT VELVEETA VOLDEMORT LOST!!!
MAJORITY OF WHITE MEN AND WOMEN (SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT) VOTED FOR THAT CLOWN AND WERE OK WITH DEMOCRACY GOIN THE WAY OF THE DINOSAUR, JURASSIC PARK MOVIES NOTWITHSTANDING....

PLEASE RESIST THE URGE TO CO-SIGN WHAT i JUST POSTED AND SOMEHOW CENTER YOURSELF....

Glad to hear it, HV.

They've voted majority-Republican since the Silent Majority days.

Then there's this old hood-sewing karen.

Rebecca Latimer Felton: A Featured Biography - Senate.gov
The first woman to serve in the United States Senate, Rebecca Latimer Felton (1835–1930) of Georgia was appointed to fill a vacancy on October 3, 1922. She took the oath of office on November 21, 1922, and served only 24 hours while the Senate was in session. The 87-year-old Felton's largely symbolic Senate service capped a long career in Georgia politics and journalism. When her husband, William Harrell Felton, served in the state legislature and the U.S. House of Representatives, she worked as his campaign manager, press secretary, and often his political surrogate. As she fought for temperance, populist agrarian reforms, and woman suffrage, fully embracing equality of the sexes, she was also an outspoken white supremacist and advocate of segregation. Beginning in 1899 and continuing for more than 20 years, Felton wrote a popular column for the Atlanta Semi-Weekly Journal, dispensing advice on everything from child-rearing to farming to voting. In her only Senate speech, delivered to a large audience in the Senate Chamber, Felton concluded with the following prediction: "When the women of the country come in and sit with you…you will get ability, you will get integrity of purpose, you will get exalted patriotism, and you will get unstinted usefulness."
Shut up, karen.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

hottentot venus wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:08 pm i am so ANGRY right now i'm crying....

Nice vent. We all need one once in awhile.

Thanks for clueing me in on, VELVEETA VOLDEMORT. Got a feeling i'm going to use that one this summer. 8-)

Hang tuff.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Cheeto Christ
Cheeto Christ
He's like if Jesus were pumpkin-spiced

Cheeto Christ
Stupid Czar
Mad tangerine colored commissar

--Randy Rainbow, tune of JC Superstar
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:09 pm Cheeto Christ
Stupid Czar
Mad tangerine colored commissar
:lol:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Listening now to the Randi broadcast, today.

These people are literally pulling KKK/White Citizen's Council/nightriding tactics.

Then, as now, it's from the highest levels of government.

These are the same people who turn around and label US "government dependent." :problemL
How Women Vote: Separating Myth From Reality - Smithsonian Mag
Black women are among the most engaged members of the electorate.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Violent threats are increasing against members of the J6 Committee, so security detail is being increased. Because, of course they are. Too much damaging truth is being exposed. MAGA are domestic terrorists.

Jenna Johnson @wpjenna

NEW: Following an uptick in the number of violent threats against lawmakers on the Jan. 6 committee, all members are likely to receive a security detail, three people involved with the investigation tell
@AmyEGardner

https://twitter.com/wpjenna/status/1539643424839720960

Paywall

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... y-threats/

bradman

Post by bradman »

One by one they have been driving nails home. This nail will be interesting....

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-aides- ... 17837.html
Trump aides didn't know someone was filming Trump on January 6 until the House committee got the footage: reports
Aides to Donald Trump had no idea a documentary filmmaker had recorded the former president on Jan. 6, 2021, until the House committee investigating that day subpoenaed the footage, reports said.

The existence of the footage — shot by UK documentarian Alex Holder — was first reported by Politico on Tuesday.

The outlet said that Holder complied with the House committee request and handed over several months of footage of Trump, up to and including footage he took on Jan. 6.

The New York Times reported that many top Trump advisors were surprised by news of the project, which only a small circle of close Trump aides knew about.

According to the Times it had been organised by Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and was meant to be a "legacy project" for Trump.
Thanks Jared!
bradman

Post by bradman »

5:30 in.........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjwFID0EGMM

Thank you for your courage Mr. Bowers.