Watching Rachel about DeJoy...I am so fucking angry

News and events of the day
Libertas

Watching Rachel about DeJoy...I am so fucking angry

Post by Libertas »

I cant type it all down, I will just get angry all over again.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/5 ... scriptions

Oh and did you know he awarded HIS OWN COMPANY a $120 million USPS contract?

wow, if a Dem appt did this the media would talk of nothing else and every con's brains would splatter all over their living room ceilings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... logistics/

How do you cons DEFEND THIS SHIT! :twisted:
I sigh in your general direction.
ap215

Re: Watching Rachel about DeJoy...I am so fucking angry

Post by ap215 »

He should've gotten fired from the very beginning he's the worst.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Imagine a Democratic administration appointing someone to a position where they could destroy the Pentagon the way DeJoy was appointed to destroy the USPS

Civil unrest would be the least of our problems if that happened, righty would go on a rampage.
I sigh in your general direction.
ap215

Post by ap215 »

Postmaster General says he's been cleared in federal probe

WASHINGTON (AP) — Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said Thursday that the Justice Department has closed without criminal charges an investigation into political fundraising activity at his former business.

“As I said from the beginning and have maintained throughout this process, I was confident that after a thorough review the Justice Department would find all of my activities to be lawful," DeJoy said in a statement provided to The Associated Press. “I have always adhered to the law in my personal and professional life.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/news/po ... ar-AAVIuXx
Bludogdem

Post by Bludogdem »

“So when the agency started dismantling high-speed sorting machines and removing public mail collection boxes shortly after DeJoy took office, many Democrats accused DeJoy of tinkering with postal infrastructure they saw as vital to the election.
Here’s why the Postal Service wanted to remove hundreds of mail-sorting machines
The truth is that the Postal Service had long planned to remove collection boxes and sorting machines, though that program accelerated under DeJoy, according to an inspector general report. Commercial mailers had for years complained about overcapacity in the Postal Service’s network — that the agency had too many machines to maintain, which were jacking up costs. Public mailboxes, according to industry experts, are getting far less use. So the Postal Service removed a bunch of both, causing an uproar from liberal activists.
DeJoy suspended the machine and mailbox removals in August, days before he was grilled about them before House and Senate committees, but he also said the Postal Service would not reconnect any sorting machines or replace any mailboxes.“

“ FALSE: Republicans want to privatize USPS
To be clear, most Republicans don’t want to privatize the Postal Service, but some do. The Trump administration in 2018 recommended transitioning the Postal Service “from a government agency into a privately-held corporation.” And the Heritage Foundation, a right-leaning think tank where former vice president Mike Pence now serves as a distinguished visiting fellow, has pushed postal privatization for years.
But the public Postal Service is still the dominant policy position in the GOP, and there are a bunch of complex policy reasons why. You really only need to know two simple ones:
First, Republican-leaning areas need the Postal Service more than Democratic-leaning areas. Conservatives tend to reside in more rural or suburban parts of the country. Because those places are more far-flung and are less populous than cities, delivery costs more. Think about it: It takes longer to deliver fewer items to people who don’t live near one another.
No private shipping company delivers to every American address, and many enter into “negotiated service agreements," volume-discount contracts, with the Postal Service for last-mile delivery from a post office to a consumer’s home or business. They give those items to the Postal Service to deliver instead, because the agency must deliver to those addresses under its universal service obligation (which means just what it sounds like: You live in America, so we have to deliver your mail). If the Postal Service privatized and had to turn a profit, it would also avoid going to less profitable rural and suburban areas, and folks — many of whom vote Republican — wouldn’t get their mail.
Second, private companies do not want to compete with the Postal Service on mail delivery. For all of its warts, the Postal Service is actually really good at delivering the mail, and private express carriers do not want to try to crack that market. The carriers also need the Postal Service, through its vast network and skilled workers, to handle less lucrative deliveries. Carriers also would need to retrain their workforces, buy new machinery, reconfigure their logistics and transportation operations and so much more. Could you really expect a UPS driver to go to every home and business on your street six days a week? Of course not, and neither could the Postal Service’s private-sector contemporaries.”

“ First, DeJoy was appointed by the board of governors, whose members are nominated by the president, confirmed by the Senate and are supposed to run the Postal Service as an independent agency. But the Trump administration had an outsize, unprecedented — and as numerous experts claim, improper — role in shaping postal leadership.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... ould-know/

So many ignorant and uninformed.

So DeJoy is a logistics expert. The President might actually understand that the USPS is being properly modernized.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

COVID-19 Test Giveaway a Potential Conflict for USPS’ DeJoy
https://www.pogo.org/analysis/2022/03/c ... sps-dejoy/

As part of a government program established this year, the United States Postal Service is distributing free COVID-19 test kits to the public — an initiative that could add to the personal wealth of Postmaster General Louis DeJoy. DeJoy has reported owning stock in one of the companies supplying the tests, and his financial disclosures show no evidence of him having fully divested that stock. In failing to do so while participating in the COVID-19 free test project, DeJoy may have violated a federal conflict-of-interest law.

[snip][end]

Biden's USPS Nominees Pledge to Reexamine Key DeJoy Initiatives
Nominees' confirmation would give Biden appointees a majority of the Senate-confirmed seats on the Postal Service board.
https://www.govexec.com/management/2022 ... es/363885/

While representing different parties—Tangherlini is a Democrat who headed the General Services Administration under President Obama, and Kan is a Republican who held multiple positions in the Trump administration—both nominees told lawmakers they would review DeJoy’s plans involving the slowing down of mail delivery, the purchasing of primarily gas-powered vehicles to replace its aging fleet and the implementation of recently passed postal reform legislation. The new service standards are a key part of DeJoy’s 10-year plan to set USPS on firmer financial footing and erase years of losses, but have been met with significant controversy and efforts to walk back the changes. Biden’s three previous nominees to the postal board quickly voiced their concerns with DeJoy’s plan after their confirmations.

[snip][end]
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 10:32 am
The most corrupt person here supports corruption.

Film at 11.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells