They Had Miscarriages, and New Abortion Laws Obstructed Treatment

News and events of the day
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/17/heal ... tment.html
Last year, a 35-year-old woman named Amanda, who lives in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, had a miscarriage in the first trimester of her pregnancy. At a large hospital, a doctor performed a surgical procedure often used as a safe and quick method to remove tissue from a failed pregnancy.

She awoke from anesthesia to find a card signed by the nurses and a little pink and blue bracelet with a butterfly charm, a gift from the hospital to express compassion for her loss. “It was so sweet because it’s such a hard thing to go through,” Amanda said.

Eight months later, in January, Amanda, who asked to be identified by her first name to protect her privacy, experienced another first-trimester miscarriage. She said she went to the same hospital, Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, doubled over in pain and screaming as she passed a large blood clot.

But when she requested the same surgical evacuation procedure, called dilation and curettage, or D&C, she said the hospital told her no.

A D&C is the same procedure used for some abortions. In September 2021, in between Amanda’s two miscarriages, Texas implemented a law banning almost all abortions after six weeks into pregnancy.

Once home, Amanda said, she sat on the toilet digging “fingernail marks in my wall” from the pain. She then moved to the bathtub, where her husband held her hand as they both cried. “The bathtub water is just dark red,” Amanda recalled. “For 48 hours, it was like a constant heavy bleed and big clots.”

She added, “It was so different from my first experience where they were so nice and so comforting, to now just feeling alone and terrified.”

Cassie, a Houston woman who asked to be identified by her first name, said she learned she had miscarried the day Roe v. Wade was overturned, when her doctor detected blood in her uterus and no cardiac activity.

She was prescribed misoprostol, but said a Walgreens made her wait a day for “extra approval” from its corporate office.

“When I went to pick it up, I then had to chat with the pharmacist and had to state again, even though they were aware my doctor prescribed it, that it wasn’t for an abortion,” Cassie said.

A Walgreens spokesman said some abortion laws “require additional steps for dispensing certain prescriptions and apply to all pharmacies, including Walgreens. In these states, our pharmacists work closely with prescribers as needed, to fill lawful, clinically appropriate prescriptions.”

https://archive.ph/M7fh5

As some predicted, they are trying to kill Women. Docs are next. Your daughter or granddaughter etc will be targeted if in the wrong place. Or anyone able to be pregnant. Killing them if they obey is what these cons want.
I sigh in your general direction.