Been riding a lot

News and events of the day
ZoWie

Re: Been riding a lot

Post by ZoWie »

Supporting the union is always worth the price.

The Republicans, usually with the implied consent of the Democrats, got to actually try the alternative (outsourcing/ offshoring), and as we see, it was a total disaster. Didn't even help the economy. The rich got richer, then the first time nature did what it does and started a pandemic, it caused the current inflation mess.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
bradman

Post by bradman »

ZoWie wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:17 pm Supporting the union is always worth the price.

The Republicans, usually with the implied consent of the Democrats, got to actually try the alternative (outsourcing/ offshoring), and as we see, it was a total disaster. Didn't even help the economy. The rich got richer, then the first time nature did what it does and started a pandemic, it caused the current inflation mess.
You will never know how much i have valued your impute.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Well thanks.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
bradman

Post by bradman »

Working hard to get my fill
Everybody wants a thrill
Payin' anything to roll the dice
just one more time

Some will win
Some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues.

Don't stop believing
Hold on to that feeling

The movie never ends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kunTn1VPkPI

It was another nice ride.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Rock fusion above and beyond all other...not really rock fusion, either. Literally nothing else like the first two Journey albums, nothing.

https://youtu.be/1l22HM-d5Zo

I do have a soft spot for Steve's voice though. The pre Steve Journey was a far better band but the guy could write a ballad.
I sigh in your general direction.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Another nice ride tonight. The weather was perfect.

Instead of making a left to Lake Mille Lacs, we turned right and came back through Mora. Hit 65 and cruised back into town.

For a brief amount of time, life was good.

Ya, good.

[edit] 65 is the old 35w. it cuts north to south and is now off the beaten path. Kinda like 61.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

Highway 61 Revisited
bradman

Post by bradman »

Trying to make the most of going back in.

i Finally met someone who thought they knew what CRT was.

Actually Kinda had fun with it. (Trying to teach k thru 12 CRT is like trying to teach a 1st grader trigonometry.)

by the time i left the watering hole, his buddies had grow silent.

The ride was nice.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Leaving for Sturgis at 4:00 tomorrow morning. This should be interesting. If it's gone even further right, if there isn't somewhat a liberal comeback there, we're not going next year.

No offence Ted. The residents have always been top notch when it comes to hospitality. Some of what is being attracted out there as of late, not so much.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

There is one group of people on earth who scare me and who I would never want to know I even exist.

Not Heaven, and opposite of demon...no thanks.
Ted

Post by Ted »

bradman wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:41 pm Leaving for Sturgis at 4:00 tomorrow morning. This should be interesting. If it's gone even further right, if there isn't somewhat a liberal comeback there, we're not going next year.

No offence Ted. The residents have always been top notch when it comes to hospitality. Some of what is being attracted out there as of late, not so much.
Don't poke the buffalo and you'll be fine.

Enjoy the scenery. Enjoy the camaraderie. Enjoy a Philly from Philly Ted's in Rapid City. Take a break from politics for a few days.

It'll do your soul a world of good.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Ted wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:21 pm Don't poke the buffalo and you'll be fine.

Enjoy the scenery. Enjoy the camaraderie. Enjoy a Philly from Philly Ted's in Rapid City. Take a break from politics for a few days.

It'll do your soul a world of good.
i had 2 choices when i heard about the raid. The first information i sought on the matter was after i arrived back home. 100% make the right choice. The 4, now 5, close family members in in our group grew closer than we ever have been. We had a blast. And since the Trump thing has died down to little or none, (Pleasantly surprising.) we have decide to do it again next year.

Face to face, never really poked the Buffalo. A ribbing on the other hand is in my nature. i picked it up from my father. i can't help it. Some of the vendors found the humor in my quest for a Biden t-shirt, a few didn't. Rib them first. The first expression on their face will tell ya if they think they're being poked or ribbed. The few who think they're being poked, ya tell them to have a nice day and then tactically retreat. Had some interesting conversations with those that get the ribbing. The trick is to laugh when they throw a ribbing your way. The laughter has always been intoxicating to me. {chuckle}

Once again, the hospitality was second to none. i let the kids take the lead this year. It started with my favorite nephew's wedding in the Badlands. (Man do they have some beautiful wedding pictures) Finally ended up in Sturgis after dark. {chuckle} The party scenery was quite the show. Rode Spearfish Canyon for the first time. (it was about the only place water was flowing out there. Looks like you're going through a bit of a drought eh) It's interesting how the kids smart phones are. i wouldn't have seen some of the of the back path scenery if i had lead. Ted, the variety of scenery is nothing short of amazing.

Now, i'm going to do some interweb surfing. i want to know how those huge piles of mud in the Badlands can still stand that high after all these years. How the hell could the rain not have washed it away by now is my question.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Search.
Ted

Post by Ted »

bradman wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:58 pm i had 2 choices when i heard about the raid. The first information i sought on the matter was after i arrived back home. 100% make the right choice. The 4, now 5, close family members in in our group grew closer than we ever have been. We had a blast. And since the Trump thing has died down to little or none, (Pleasantly surprising.) we have decide to do it again next year.

Face to face, never really poked the Buffalo. A ribbing on the other hand is in my nature. i picked it up from my father. i can't help it. Some of the vendors found the humor in my quest for a Biden t-shirt, a few didn't. Rib them first. The first expression on their face will tell ya if they think they're being poked or ribbed. The few who think they're being poked, ya tell them to have a nice day and then tactically retreat. Had some interesting conversations with those that get the ribbing. The trick is to laugh when they throw a ribbing your way. The laughter has always been intoxicating to me. {chuckle}

Once again, the hospitality was second to none. i let the kids take the lead this year. It started with my favorite nephew's wedding in the Badlands. (Man do they have some beautiful wedding pictures) Finally ended up in Sturgis after dark. {chuckle} The party scenery was quite the show. Rode Spearfish Canyon for the first time. (it was about the only place water was flowing out there. Looks like you're going through a bit of a drought eh) It's interesting how the kids smart phones are. i wouldn't have seen some of the of the back path scenery if i had lead. Ted, the variety of scenery is nothing short of amazing.

Now, i'm going to do some interweb surfing. i want to know how those huge piles of mud in the Badlands can still stand that high after all these years. How the hell could the rain not have washed it away by now is my question.
The Badlands are truly unique and can't be appreciated except through an in-person visit. Low annual rainfall keeps erosion at a minimum. When a heavy rain does fall the rockhounds flock to the Badlands to collect the freshly exposed spoils.

Sunrise and sunset in the Badlands is almost magical. Especially if you are miles inland and far away from human influence. It's one of the rare landscapes that exists today exactly how it existed centuries ago.

Glad your trip was enjoyable and I am happy to hear that you plan to return.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Libertas wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:40 pmSearch.
i have been searching and getting back in the loop. After last week.... i'm not sure why.

i'm pretty much in the know about the raid now.

The spot where the wedding vows were taken is another matter. That one is being a bit allusive. It's a small area and unlike the rest of the park. It reminded me of Needles Highway. But where Needles is hard rock this looks like spiked mounds of mud with little or no rock or boulders mixed in. What was awe inspiring was the view from the top of the mud piles. Where down at the bottom the piles look like they stretch out into the horizon. Once on top you view a mini Grand Canyon. It was kinda like a miniature model of what you'd been looking at when ya first pulled up. My daughter and i must have sat there for a good 1/2 hour soaking in the view. i'll eventually pin point it.

The other search i'm interested in.......Man was there a lot of open carry going on this year. At times i thought of the wild west only instead of the gun slung low, it was slung high and from the belt. Funny thing, most that open carried made me think of those guys that drive the massive 4X4's. It looked like they were compensating for something. :)
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Search.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... ds/671099/

‘The Opposite of a Raid’
A former federal prosecutor explains what might have gone into the search warrant executed at Mar-a-Lago.
bradman

Post by bradman »

viewtopic.php?p=34430#p34430
i'm pretty much in the know about the raid now.
i am up to speed and hopeful it will be just one more nail in the coffin of him ever being re-elected to any office.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Search.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Libertas wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:20 pmSearch.
i'm now not quite sure what you mean by that. Perhaps i'd get it if you'd explain a bit further.
bradman

Post by bradman »

The newly weds closed on their house a day before we left for Sturgis. In Sturgis, she fell in love with a hand made bird house but the place was closed. They never did make it back there, but i did. It's time for a ride. i'm going to try to place it in a secluded tree without them noticing.
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

I'm in agreement that there was no raid. A raid is when they show up with guns drawn at 4 am and make you stand outside in pajamas while they search the place. drumpf is responsible for putting it into the common vocabulary as a raid, since he announced it well before anyone else did.

It sounds from the description more like the government coming to claim what lawfully belongs to it.

It seems obvious that Garland's sudden appearance on the media to put the ball into drumpf's court regarding release of the warrant and manifest was to stop the rumor machine. He didn't answer questions, didn't give any new information, and exited the stage.

(exeunt)
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:38 pm I'm in agreement that there was no raid. A raid is when they show up with guns drawn at 4 am and make you stand outside in pajamas while they search the place. drumpf is responsible for putting it into the common vocabulary as a raid, since he announced it well before anyone else did.

It sounds from the description more like the government coming to claim what lawfully belongs to it.

It seems obvious that Garland's sudden appearance on the media to put the ball into drumpf's court regarding release of the warrant and manifest was to stop the rumor machine. He didn't answer questions, didn't give any new information, and exited the stage.

(exeunt)
Right.
bradman

Post by bradman »

ZoWie wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 12:38 pm I'm in agreement that there was no raid. A raid is when they show up with guns drawn at 4 am and make you stand outside in pajamas while they search the place. drumpf is responsible for putting it into the common vocabulary as a raid, since he announced it well before anyone else did.

(exeunt)
Ahhhhhhh....k. Materiel, material. Who knew. I didn't. Thanks for clearing up the confusion. It is greatly appreciated.

(exit stage left)
Motor City

Post by Motor City »

bradman

Post by bradman »

Motor City wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:24 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLFjEkO3U1o

61 Highway
Way 8-) Fits me.

61 Highway Lyrics
[Verse 1]
Lord, that 61 Highway, it the longest road I know
Lord, that 61 Highway, it the longest road I know
She run from New York City, run right by my baby's do'

[Verse 2]
Well, there some folks said them Greyhound buses don't run
Lordy, some folks said them Greyhound buses don't run
Lord, just go to West Memphis, baby, look down Highway 61

[Verse 3]
I said, please, please see somebody for me
I said please, please see somebody for me
If you see my baby tell her she's alright with me

[Verse 4]
Lord, if I should happen a-die, baby before you think my time have come
Lord, if I should happen a-die, baby 'fore you think my time have come
I want you bury my body down on Highway 61