FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says

Post by carmenjonze »

This person is still talking about Hillary’s emails and Huter Biden’s laptop :lol: #ButWhuddubboutt
_________

Rep. Ralph Norman
@RepRalphNorman

There is every reason to question the motives behind this raid, especially when you consider Hillary’s email server, the Carter Page warrants, the Russian “collusion” hoax, the damning evidence on Hunter's laptop that still has not been properly pursued by investigators, etc. 2/

https://twitter.com/repralphnorman/stat ... 7176919041

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:27 am Actually look at Glenn come here and say I told you so.

While you were running around like a chicken with its head cut off

I was saying be patient and wait for the DOJ do its job, which it is doing.

Nobody in the DOJ is having a dog and pony show to help their party. Nobody is grinding their axe because of being mistreated.

Nobody is running to a microphone or some bias cable "news" show.

They are just career lawyers now prosecutors and investigators doing their job. I bet those of you who not so long ago were calling for the AG to be fired feel pretty stupid today.
Don't worry - you haven't gotten your talking points yet from Drudge and the right. House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy said to Merrick Garland:

This is what you will be saying, because in the end, you ALWAYS support Donald Trump. This is why you want the Republicans to take back the House in November.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

All of these rightwing lunatic a-holes were the ones screaming “LOCK HER UP!!!” and egging on the cop-killers on Jan 6th who tried to overturn a whole-ass election.

Lol now look at them clutch their pearls and huff and puff about “defunding” the DOJ and the FBI.

Forget white conservatism is destroying this country and ICE being trash.

White conservatism is trash.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

https://mobile.twitter.com/RVAwonk/stat ... 78/photo/1

Caroline Orr Bueno, Ph.D
@RVAwonk
Trump supporters are REALLY excited about the idea of a civil war. Some of the responses to today’s FBI raid:

“I already bought my ammo”
“Civil war! Pick up arms, people!”
“Civil War 2.0 just kicked off.”
“Let’s do the war.”
“One step closer to a kinetic civil war.”

And more…

The GOP is totally batchit unhinged.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
gounion

Post by gounion »

Yes they are. Now, for the most part, I'm not too scared. While there ARE some top flight trained ex-military in the movement, most of these folks are more like this:

The military will make short work of them. One thing we must worry about is those within the police and military that are, simply put, traitors and insurrectionists.

But don't worry, if anything happens, Glenn will be here to say they're just protesters that got a little over-excited and out of hand.

But deep down, most of them are blubbering idiots that will cry before the judge when sentenced, instead of battle-hardened warriors.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:58 am But don't worry, if anything happens, Glenn will be here to say they're just protesters that got a little over-excited and out of hand
Basically what they said 100 years ago after every race riot and massacre their relatives carried out. :problem:

They also consistently blamed the victims for their own murderous behavior.

These people have not changed either their confederate M.O. or their confederate mentality in well over a century.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

It's not the rank and file idiot traitor supporters that will be the issue it will be the police and military who are trumpers who can turn this country into a shit sandwich nightmare.

I am convinced both President Biden and Garland have discussed the concern of indicting this guy that cons love so much, all cons (dont let them fool you.) I know the prez and AG in a legitimate situation dont discuss this stuff, but I believe they have because of the risks to the nation.

Does a human being on earth deserve more to be indicted? Obviously not, but what happens when he is, that is the biggie.

I still say do it.

(We have to remember, if he is indicted and if MAGA and MAGA police and military react poorly, they will not be reigned in by board cons and the like, they will pretend it is an issue but will be rooting on the terrorists.)
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

No lies detected.

William B. Fuckley
@opinionhaver

The reason republicans get so incredibly huffy when any of the tools of law enforcement are ever turned upon them is they think “criminals” as an inherent class of people (who they of course could never be part of) rather than a descriptor for someone who commits illegal acts.

https://twitter.com/opinonhaver/status/ ... 3142530050

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Number6 »

Libertas wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:38 am It's not the rank and file idiot traitor supporters that will be the issue it will be the police and military who are trumpers who can turn this country into a shit sandwich nightmare.

I am convinced both President Biden and Garland have discussed the concern of indicting this guy that cons love so much, all cons (dont let them fool you.) I know the prez and AG in a legitimate situation dont discuss this stuff, but I believe they have because of the risks to the nation.

Does a human being on earth deserve more to be indicted? Obviously not, but what happens when he is, that is the biggie.

I still say do it.

(We have to remember, if he is indicted and if MAGA and MAGA police and military react poorly, they will not be reigned in by board cons and the like, they will pretend it is an issue but will be rooting on the terrorists.)
I don't think there will be massive public protests or armed conflict with TFG's supporters because after seeing what happened to the Jan 6 insurrectionists I think many of them will have second and third thoughts about taking to the streets. Mostly, what they'll do, IMO, is continue to complain on message boards, social media, and at MAGA rallies.
When you vote left, you vote right.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Anyone on the right care to explain why we should vote for candidates that plan to gut the DOJ and FBI, and are calling for violence and a civil war? Shouldn't that be disqualifying?
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Tweet by Ron De Stupid, Banana Republican Imperial Gubinator of Florida:
The raid of MAL is another escalation in the weaponization of federal agencies against the Regime’s political opponents, while people like Hunter Biden get treated with kid gloves. Now the Regime is getting another 87k IRS agents to wield against its adversaries? Banana Republic.
[end]

C'mon Ron. You're the prince of weaponizing against your political opponents, shut your trap. You've turned Florida into your Banana Republic, you should know.

I do like the name "MAL" though. MAL is a good name for the bad odors wafting from that place. :D

Additional IRS agents are for making sure lawfully owed taxes are collected. You got a problem with that?

Really, this is actually, as Stupid proclamations go, kinda half-hearted, about what I'd suspect from a guy who's secretly chortling about the king whose scepter he wants to steal in 2024.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:46 am No lies detected.

William B. Fuckley
@opinionhaver

The reason republicans get so incredibly huffy when any of the tools of law enforcement are ever turned upon them is they think “criminals” as an inherent class of people (who they of course could never be part of) rather than a descriptor for someone who commits illegal acts.

https://twitter.com/opinonhaver/status/ ... 3142530050
I was drawn to this name, as you can imagine. Then I had to read dozens of his/her tweets to figure out where he or she stands, very unique tweeter.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

How a former Florida political operative broke the Mar-a-Lago FBI story

Tweet text:

Ryan Smith
@RyanReports
·
Follow
"Schorsch essentially gave the news away, asking bigger national publications to seize his headline and build out their own stories about one of the biggest developments of the Trump post-presidency."

Way to be, @PeterSchorschFL. Love this.

washingtonpost.com
How a former Florida political operative broke the Mar-a-Lago FBI story
Peter Schorsch, publisher of FloridaPolitics.com, tweeted the scoop about the FBI's search of Trump's property.
5:48 PM · Aug 9, 2022

https://www.washingtonpost.com/media/20 ... ar-a-lago/

No paywall
https://archive.ph/7ppXS

The text came from someone Peter Schorsch knew from his many years in Florida political circles.
“Yyyyyuuuuugggggeeeee scoop,” his source wrote on Monday afternoon.

Intrigued, Schorsch, a former political operative who is now the publisher of the website FloridaPolitics.com, picked up the phone, expecting to hear a tip about Sunshine State resident Donald Trump. Perhaps the former president had dropped by a local business or something? He and the tipster traded gossip and chitchat for about 20 minutes before turning to the topic at hand. “Oh, by the way,” the person said, “did you know Mar-a-Lago is being raided right now?”
“Excuse me?!” replied Schorsch. He scrambled to get off the phone call and start making some others.

Within five minutes, Schorsch had gathered enough intel to validate the tip. Instead of publishing a story, though, he unloaded knowledge directly to social media — with a few modest caveats that belied the explosive nature of the news.

“Scoop — The Federal Bureau of Investigation @FBI today executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago,” he tweeted, adding that two people had confirmed it for him. “Not sure what the search warrant was about. TBH, Im not a strong enough reporter to hunt this down, but its real.”
Number6

Post by Number6 »

Trump was in New York City when he learned about the search warrant and the FBI cracking his safe. I wonder if they had to bring in a large cleaning crew to clean the food off the walls where he’s staying.
:lol:
Drak

Post by Drak »

George Takei @GeorgeTakei
·
When the FBI reopened its case against Hillary Clinton for allegedly mishandling government records, with just 11 days to go till the 2016 election, not a single liberal threatened violence or civil war.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:44 pm George Takei @GeorgeTakei
·
When the FBI reopened its case against Hillary Clinton for allegedly mishandling government records, with just 11 days to go till the 2016 election, not a single liberal threatened violence or civil war.
Of course not. We are adults.
gounion

Post by gounion »

This is no physical crowd anywhere in America that has come out in support of Donald J. Trump. Remember the crowds when the Supreme Court overturned Roe?

A handful of Trumpers came out to MAL for an hour or so to get in front of cameras, but that's been it.

For Donald Trump, NO ONE HAS CAME OUT. He CALLED for it, but no one showed up to even protest, let alone a civil war.

For a man who lives by the size of his crowds, this must be crushing. He called for them, and they didn't respond.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Now they're attacking the judge who approved the warrant.

Judge who approved Trump search warrant attacked for synagogue involvement
Retired Met Lenny Dykstra is lobbing insults at a judge whose prior work for Jeffrey Epstein’s employees raised eyebrows
https://forward.com/fast-forward/513804 ... gn_4831617

The judge who approved the search on former President Donald Trump‘s Mar-a-Lago estate was attacked Tuesday for his synagogue involvement.

Judge Bruce Reinhart, a former prosecutor who had previously been criticized for representing former employees of Jeffrey Epstein related to his sex-trafficking scandal, appears to be on the board of a South Florida synagogue. Trump loyalists eager to question the legitimacy of the FBI raid seized upon that detail, with Lenny Dykstra, a retired New York Mets legend, questioning the nature of the Reform shul’s Judaism.

“I hope you all weren’t expecting that the synagogue where go-ahead-and-raid-Trump Judge #BruceReinhart is on the board of trustees is one where the congregation keeps kosher, observes the sabbath, etc. You can bet they’re into “social justice” of course!” Dykstra tweeted to his nearly 87,000 followers. :roll:

Reinhart was sworn in as a magistrate judge for the Southern District of Florida in 2018 after a decade in private practice. He had previously been a prosecutor at the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Southern District of Florida. A Bruce Reinhart is listed on the current board of trustees on the website of Temple Beth David, a Reform congregation in Palm Beach Gardens.

[snip]

Dykstra, a three-time Major League Baseball All-Star with the Mets and Phillies who was raised Christian, has stayed in the headlines since his retirement in 1996. The New York Post reported in 2018 — months after he was arrested on charges of threatening an Uber driver — that Dykstra was attending weekly Torah study with Rabbi Shmuel Metzger, who is affiliated with the Chabad movement. (Charges stemming from the Uber incident were dropped in 2019.)

[snip]

Reinhart, who donated $1,000 to Barack Obama’s first presidential campaign in 2008 and $500 to Jeb Bush’s bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, has had his own history of controversy. His representation of people connected to Epstein and the fact that he took them on the day after leaving the U.S. Attorney’s office in 2008 raised eyebrows at the time, and again after he was sworn in as a judge four years ago.

[snip[end]

OK. So first off he was an attorney before he was a judge, and all criminal defendants are entitled to a legal defense. Yes, even Epstein's scummy employees. Hmmkay?

But this Dykstra bullshit. No I don't think he was being anti-Semitic. But, Msr., you may have been a baseball legend, but hanging out with Chabadniks hasn't taught you much about Judaism.

You are trashing this guy because he was on the board of a Reform synagogue? I know something about Reform Judaism since for a long time (not now) I belonged to a Reform temple. You don't know shit, and shut your f'n mouth.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Drak

Post by Drak »

Seems that Trump and the GOP are now going with “planted evidence.” That say it all. Guilty. The FBI must have seized something pretty bad. Trump has a copy of the search warrant. He can produce it anytime, but he won’t. He also has a copy of the inventory that the feds would have left.

And the attacks on law enforcement continue, as the GOP vilifies the FBI and calls for complete defunding. Things the mob and America’s enemies do.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

The better defense attorney a real criminal has the more likelihood a conviction won’t be overturned, which is why I will always be in favor of the worst criminals getting the best defense attorneys and many attorneys who do defense work do it because they care about the rule of law.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Trump stole nuclear secrets.

That's why the Export Control Section and a Counterintelligence Agent were sent to Mar-a-Lago to seize the documents. It also explains why Wray and Garland agreed to get a warrant. Nothing less.

Trump has a copy of the warrant
#ReleaseTheWarrant

The above is a tweet from Randi Rhodes, I’m not putting the link here at the moment I’m on my phone, I had not thought of this.
Number6

Post by Number6 »

ProfX wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:52 am Now they're attacking the judge who approved the warrant.

Judge who approved Trump search warrant attacked for synagogue involvement
Retired Met Lenny Dykstra is lobbing insults at a judge whose prior work for Jeffrey Epstein’s employees raised eyebrows
https://forward.com/fast-forward/513804 ... gn_4831617

The judge who approved the search on former President Donald Trump‘s Mar-a-Lago estate was attacked Tuesday for his synagogue involvement.

Judge Bruce Reinhart, a former prosecutor who had previously been criticized for representing former employees of Jeffrey Epstein related to his sex-trafficking scandal, appears to be on the board of a South Florida synagogue. Trump loyalists eager to question the legitimacy of the FBI raid seized upon that detail, with Lenny Dykstra, a retired New York Mets legend, questioning the nature of the Reform shul’s Judaism.

“I hope you all weren’t expecting that the synagogue where go-ahead-and-raid-Trump Judge #BruceReinhart is on the board of trustees is one where the congregation keeps kosher, observes the sabbath, etc. You can bet they’re into “social justice” of course!” Dykstra tweeted to his nearly 87,000 followers. :roll:

Reinhart was sworn in as a magistrate judge for the Southern District of Florida in 2018 after a decade in private practice. He had previously been a prosecutor at the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Southern District of Florida. A Bruce Reinhart is listed on the current board of trustees on the website of Temple Beth David, a Reform congregation in Palm Beach Gardens.

[snip]

Dykstra, a three-time Major League Baseball All-Star with the Mets and Phillies who was raised Christian, has stayed in the headlines since his retirement in 1996. The New York Post reported in 2018 — months after he was arrested on charges of threatening an Uber driver — that Dykstra was attending weekly Torah study with Rabbi Shmuel Metzger, who is affiliated with the Chabad movement. (Charges stemming from the Uber incident were dropped in 2019.)

[snip]

Reinhart, who donated $1,000 to Barack Obama’s first presidential campaign in 2008 and $500 to Jeb Bush’s bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, has had his own history of controversy. His representation of people connected to Epstein and the fact that he took them on the day after leaving the U.S. Attorney’s office in 2008 raised eyebrows at the time, and again after he was sworn in as a judge four years ago.

[snip[end]

OK. So first off he was an attorney before he was a judge, and all criminal defendants are entitled to a legal defense. Yes, even Epstein's scummy employees. Hmmkay?

But this Dykstra bullshit. No I don't think he was being anti-Semitic. But, Msr., you may have been a baseball legend, but hanging out with Chabadniks hasn't taught you much about Judaism.

You are trashing this guy because he was on the board of a Reform synagogue? I know something about Reform Judaism since for a long time (not now) I belonged to a Reform temple. You don't know shit, and shut your f'n mouth.
For years, republicans had their mantra of "Rule of law" and today, we see how hypocritical they really are. The "Rule of law" requires a prosecutor to provide a judge sufficient evidence to issue a search warrant. Considering Trump is a former president and a search warrant has never been issued against a former president the evidence presented to the judge had to be overwhelming to convince him to issue the search warrant according to federal law. Now, these same "Rule of law" republicans don't want to follow the "Rule of law."
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Newt now says FBI may have planted evidence.

You are a traitor, Newt. but I bet my ASS every con on this board would vote for him in a HEARTBEAT :twisted:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/newt-gin ... residence/

Cons on this board NEVER address the ENDLESS crimes of the GOP and the over the top attempt to start a civil war, as if it isnt even happening!

I read cons on twitter who say absolutely the FBI is corrupt, now. They believe this, I bet you BOARD CONS will say something like:

"well, ya know, the FBI does have a history of..."

watch
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:04 pm Newt now says FBI may have planted evidence.

You are a traitor, Newt. but I bet my ASS every con on this board would vote for him in a HEARTBEAT :twisted:

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/newt-gin ... residence/

Cons on this board NEVER address the ENDLESS crimes of the GOP and the over the top attempt to start a civil war, as if it isnt even happening!
They’re all saying this now. That’s their coordinated talking point.

They have the warrant that they can produce at any time. MAL would also have a camera security system that could easily prove evidence was planted.

This was done by the book. The warrant was handed down by Trump appointed judge and ordered by a Trump appointed FBI director.

The entire party must be implicated for them to be this scared.

Look for the local clown to repeat the “planted evidence” bullshit.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:14 pm They’re all saying this now. That’s their coordinated talking point.

They have the warrant that they can produce at any time. MAL would also have a camera security system that could easily prove evidence was planted.

This was done by the book. The warrant was handed down by Trump appointed judge and ordered by a Trump appointed FBI director.

The entire party must be implicated for them to be this scared.

Look for the local clown to repeat the “planted evidence” bullshit.
40% of America KNOWS that evidence was planted now, in that as CERTAIN they are the election was stolen, they are now certain of this. When Newt Gingrich and Lindsey Graham go down the MAGA road, they all but end any chance we have. It will REQUIRE high profile repubs to prevent the full on fascism.