FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: FBI executes search warrant at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago, former President says

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 3:49 pm Remember how animated and concerned he was in the Afghanistan evac thread? That he wanted to get to the bottom of it and couldn't wait for investigations? But he doesn't care about J6, or the fact that Trump stole 27 boxes of highly classified top secret information etc.

Nope. It's all about Afghanistan, Benghazi, Uranium One, and Ronald McDonald.
He is a psycho.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Randi Rhodes was right

https://www.democraticunderground.com/10142955026

FBI searched Trump's home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say

Source: Washington Post

Classified documents relating to nuclear weapons were among the items FBI agents sought in a search of former president Donald Trump’s Florida residence on Monday, according to people familiar with the investigation. Experts in classified information said the unusual search underscores deep concern among government officials about the types of information they thought could be located at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club and potentially in danger of falling into to the wrong hands.

The people who described some of the material that agents were seeking spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation. They did not offer additional details about what type of information the agents were seeking, including whether it involved weapons belonging to the United States or some other nation. Nor did they say if such documents were recovered as part of the search. A Trump spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The Justice Department and FBI declined to comment.

Attorney General Merrick Garland said he could not discuss the investigation on Thursday. But in an unusual public statement at the Justice Department, he announced he had personally authorized the decision to seek court permission for a search warrant. Garland spoke moments after Justice Department lawyers filed a motion seeking to unseal the search warrant in the case, noting that Trump had publicly revealed the search shortly after it happened.

“The public’s clear and powerful interest in understanding what occurred under these circumstances weighs heavily in favor of unsealing,” the motion says. “That said, the former President should have an opportunity to respond to this Motion and lodge objections, including with regards to any ‘legitimate privacy interests’ or the potential for other ‘injury’ if these materials are made public.”

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... ar-a-lago/

And I promise you Newt and Lindsey and board cons are good with trump selling our secrets to our enemies, watch.
I sigh in your general direction.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Drak wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:15 am Seems that Trump and the GOP are now going with “planted evidence.” That say it all. Guilty. The FBI must have seized something pretty bad. Trump has a copy of the search warrant. He can produce it anytime, but he won’t. He also has a copy of the inventory that the feds would have left.

And the attacks on law enforcement continue, as the GOP vilifies the FBI and calls for complete defunding. Things the mob and America’s enemies do.

[bold] :shock: Interesting :idea:
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:07 pm [bold] :shock: Interesting :idea:
Who’s woke, now?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

Funny how that one slipped by without a response eh.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:54 pm Funny how that one slipped by without a response eh.
It would be hilarious that conservatives are now parroting the people they hate the most with this defund nonsense.

But then, the same abortion-haters, typically the same people, started screaming “my body my choiceeeee!!!!!!!” as soon as they were asked to put on a damn mask as me quit spreading communicable disease.

Haha NOW these same dirty confederates who were itching to call up the military against people protesting cop violence and cop murder now want to defund law enforcement over one man.

Is there anything more corrupt and violent than white conservatism? Rhetorical question.

:problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news- ... ne-maxwell

Oh
My
God

On my phone can’t copy and paste right now, this is unbelievable
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Just saw this on DU, I wont go to the site referenced or type the name, but do you cons denounce trump yet AND the political party he clearly controls?

Breaking: Trump under investigation for breaking Espionage Act!

Breitbart reveals that the Former President is under investigation for violating the Espionage Act. 18 USC 793.

10 year penalties for each document.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Hugo Lowell @hugolowell
NEW via Breitbart: Trump under investigation per search warrant for:
18 USC 2071 — Concealment, removal or mutilation
18 USC 793 — Gathering, transmitting or losing defence information
18 USC 1519 — Destruction, alteration or falsification of records in Federal investigations

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1 ... 4552652801

Mueller, She Wrote @MuellerSheWrote

BREAKING: Donald is under federal criminal investigation for:

2071: 3 years max and can’t hold office
793: (espionage act): 10 years max
1519: obstruction: 20 years max

https://twitter.com/MuellerSheWrote/sta ... 3311334400
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

And still not a word from the cons?
gounion

Post by gounion »

They'd just say "fake news".
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://twitter.com/TheRealHoarse/statu ... ZxSp65SfXQ

Reports claim Trump stole information about French President Emmanuel Macron.

Why would he possibly do that?

Oh, Nevermind.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:18 pm They'd just say "fake news".
Treasonous is anyone who does not come out now and denounce not just trump but the party that calls him their leader.

Pro NAZI (has written about his love of nazis) gop running in AZ for Senate, Blake Masters...bet cons here would vote for him.

BREITBART just published the NAMES of the FBI involved...per reporting I am seeing, will look for more info on it...you Breitbart fans are helping Breitbart get the agents killed. GET OUT OF MY COUNTRY
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

This is escalating very quickly. Historically, they come for the ghetto, the barrio, the synagogues, the queers, first.

What are you guys going to do, or are we on our own, again.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fox-n ... 2755530811

Fox wants you dead, CJ. Me too.

Fox News airs false photo of Trump search judge with Ghislaine Maxwell

The time to denounce is gone, you cons are now terrorists and you are trying to kill us.

Below is the doctored photo fox host posted.

ProfX

Post by ProfX »

Whiskey & Golden Oreos while getting a Ghislaine foot massage. Sure.

BTW, don't you think Air Epstein would have given him something better than a styrofoam cup to go with that massage? :roll:

Man, some peeps need to work on their Photoshop skills.
Last edited by ProfX on Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Disgraced liar meltdown

https://twitter.com/PeteSouza/status/15 ... 9pdxRhP3sA

Hey Ronny, the Inflation Reduction Act will lower health-care costs, combat climate change, raise taxes on some large companies and reduce the deficit. There are zero tax increases on middle-class families. But nice try misleading your constituents.
Quote Tweet
Ronny Jackson
@RonnyJacksonTX

US House candidate, TX-13
· 8h
I will vote NO on the Inflation Expansion Act. I will vote NO on 87,000 more IRS THUGS. I will vote NO on a MASSIVE tax increase during a recession. This bill is a slap in the face to EVERY American!
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

So I love when Ari Melber breaks this stuff down. I mean, he's a vast reservoir of obscure rap lyrics, but I really like him for his legal mind. :D

And so this is what he posed tonight. Think about it. Intelligence officials were constantly flustered over Trump refusing to read his intelligence briefings when he was POTUS. He routinely ignored them.

As Ari put it: "doesn't it seem weird when a long-time vegan is stealing meatballs?"

He showed no interest in these docs when president. Never read them. So then here's the question: why take them to Shit-a-Lardo? And then here's the more important question: why when the National Archives asked for them back earlier this year, he sent back other stuff (who knows, WH stationary, love letters to Kim Jong, whatever) but strangely held on to THIS stuff ... with classified nuclear secrets.

I dunno whether he planned to sell them to Putin, the Saudis, or heck Xi or Kim - who the hell knows? - ye older spider sense tells me this sure is an interesting question.

The Saudis might be nominal allies, but it's STILL a violation of the Espionage Act to give them stuff they shouldn't have access to. "Allies" where 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers came from. :|

Remember that story about Mike Flynn arranging a illegal, unauthorized scheme to give the Saudis nuclear technology? I sure do.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Drak

Post by Drak »

ProfX wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:08 pm

The Saudis might be nominal allies, but it's STILL a violation of the Espionage Act to give them stuff they shouldn't have access to. "Allies" where 15 of the 19 9/11 hijackers came from. :|

Remember that story about Mike Flynn arranging a illegal, unauthorized scheme to give the Saudis nuclear technology? I sure do.
Yep. And the timing of the golf tournament is now suspect.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Boy, you fucking cons, you are on the wrong side, arent you!
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

ProfX wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:08 pm So I love when Ari Melber breaks this stuff down. I mean, he's a vast reservoir of obscure rap lyrics, but I really like him for his legal mind. :D

And so this is what he posed tonight. Think about it. Intelligence officials were constantly flustered over Trump refusing to read his intelligence briefings when he was POTUS. He routinely ignored them.

As Ari put it: "doesn't it seem weird when a long-time vegan is stealing meatballs?"

He showed no interest in these docs when president. Never read them. So then here's the question: why take them to Shit-a-Lardo? And then here's the more important question: why when the National Archives asked for them back earlier this year, he sent back other stuff (who knows, WH stationary, love letters to Kim Jong, whatever) but strangely held on to THIS stuff ... with classified nuclear secrets.

I dunno whether he planned to sell them to Putin, the Saudis, or heck Xi or Kim - who the hell knows? - ye older spider sense tells me this sure is an interesting question.

And our board cons STILL wont post in favor of America over GOP...
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

https://twitter.com/Hbobrow1Hbobrow/sta ... k2XxhM0Msw

MSNBC confirms that the “Espionage Act” being used in the warrant means that there was evidence that Trump had transferred information to a third party (foreign gov’t or organization).

This is a whole new level of treachery.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:37 pm And our board cons STILL wont post in favor of America over GOP...
Confederates.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

So we've gone from Trump and the GOP saying:

1. There are no records, witch hunt! - to
2. There are no classified records, witch hunt! - to
3. The classified records were planted by the FBI! (with absolutely no evidence) - to
4. What about Obama? He did it too! (no evidence, and debunked by National Archives) - to
5. OK, I have the documents but I declassified them! (no evidence and a crime).

And now they're out there trying to say he gave a standing order. No, he didn't. And that doesn't matter. You cannot take government documents. It's called stealing. It doesn't matter that you were once the president.

And, government documents relating to TS-SCI, national defense, cannot be withheld from the government upon request to return them (obstruction is listed in the warrant). Trump was keeping these at his personal residence, with NO security clearance. Who was he sharing them with? I would bet the security system cams at MAL had a warrant on them as well.

Trump was given a number of chances to hand the documents back. He refused. No one else would be treated this fairly.

And now he's fully engaged in attacking law enforcement, doxing the FBI agents listed on the warrant, as well as the judge who signed off on it, trying to get them killed. RW media is doing the same. These people, are ALL traitors.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Yeah, these are crimes regardless of what he said about classification, that has been stated by all the experts.

But you wont see that on faux and oan etal...War is the only way they can win, civil unrest. So expect it.

So his defense is he DEclassified the most sensitive documents relating to our nat'l security on a regular basis? Is he an idiot? Or was he gonna sell them, one or the other.
Last edited by Libertas on Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.