Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: Storming The Capital 2: A Counter Storm is Coming

Post by carmenjonze »

In addition to the word games people like glennfs are playing with Jan. 6th, conservative whites also have a very bad habit of downplaying their white-supremacist massacres as mere "riots." It's only been in very recent years that historians now sometimes refer to these "riots" as what they are. Examples:

Elaine Massacre of 1919 - Encyclopedia of Arkansas

1921 Tulsa Race Massacre - Tulsa Historical Society and Museum

Race Riots - Encyclopedia of Chicago

Wilmington, NC race riots - viewtopic.php?p=3130#p3130

Greek Town Riot - Nebraska State Historical Society

Omaha Race Riot of 1919 - Nebraskastudies.org

Ole Miss Riot of 1962 - Wikipedia

There are SO many more examples. This is just a glisten on the tip of the iceberg.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:46 am ^this misogynist cares oh so much about cis women on sports teams.

Remember this comment the next time he goes into one of his anti-trans, male-supremacist rants.
It is not that Glenn doesn't understand how misogynistic his response was, its that he does not give a shit how misogynistic his response was.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:28 am It is not that Glenn doesn't understand how misogynistic his response was, its that he does not give a shit how misogynistic his response was.
No discussion with Carmen about misogyny would be complete without also bring up and even handily discussing misandry.

:|

A back and forth tussle indeed.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:49 am No discussion with Carmen about misogyny would be complete without also bring up and even handily discussing misandry.

The topic is glennfs's anti-female "chick" comments.

I see you're silent about that and prefer weak whattabbouttery deflections.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

We have a poster here who denies reality, denies that there was an insurrection and attempted coup. Even though he witnessed what went down that day. That there have been countless sourced pieces posted on the former board as well as here, that he refuses to read so he can remain ignorant.

Now we have the following press release from Trump. Trump is running a shadow government. Check out his latest Press Release. He's sending "envoy ambassadors" to other countries and conducting foreign policy, WHEN HE'S NOT THE PRESIDENT! This is an ongoing attempted coup.

He refuses to concede the election. He refuses a peaceful transfer of power. He still refers to himself as the President. He's still pushing the Big Lie and attempting "fraudits." He's conducting shadow government meetings using the Presidential Seal at Mar a Lago. This is an ongoing attempted coup.

He's attempting to block WH records regarding January 6th. He is now appealing their release, even though he was denied by a judge. Innocent people don't do that. This is an ongoing attempted coup.

Those in on the coup attempt are ignoring subpoenas trying to run out the clock. Innocent people don't do that. This is an ongoing attempted coup.

The GOP is trying to bury and cover up what happened in Jan 6th. Innocent people don't do that. This is an ongoing, attempted coup.

CIA director Gina Haspel warned of a coming coup.
On election night, Milley had received a private call, according to the book "I Alone Can Fix It," in which a uniformed colleague—a fellow four-star and close friend—reminded the top general that he and the military had an apolitical role in the post-election fracas.

"Your loyalty is to the Constitution," the caller said. "You represent the stability of this republic." Former Secretary Esper also told Milley that he hoped the outcome of the election would be crystal clear from the margin of victory, fearing that anything less might provide President Trump an excuse to refuse to leave the White House, or more important, to call out the military.

Since Esper's firing, General Milley had heard rumors that one of Trump's loyalists planted at the Pentagon told a colleague that they had to "take Milley out." Secretary of the Army Ryan McCarthy also thought Milley would be fired, as did the general's wife.

Milley was taken aback by the prospect of such an unprecedented action, afraid that he was witnessing the unfolding of a coup.

CIA Director Gina Haspel, who also expected to be fired, shared his fear. "We are on the way to a right-wing coup," she told Milley.
https://www.newsweek.com/we-are-way-rig ... ed-1647538

Of course he attempted a coup and is still trying. It's incredible (not really) that Glennfs refuses to acknowledge these blatant flags, or says we're wearing tinfoil hats. He just plugs his ears and denies reality, all because he can't deal with it. How stupid can you be?
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

And when trump tells his idiots to kill us, the cons here will do nothing.
I sigh in your general direction.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Glenn Kirschner
@glennkirschner2
Now Mark Meadows is refusing to comply with the House select committee’s subpoena. And Stephen Miller was yucking it up on fox yesterday, mocking the rule of law. These people are lawless. When will Congress use its lawful power of inherent contempt to PROTECT. OUR. DEMOCRACY?

On going coup. No one has been held accountable, so who gives a fuck about that law. This is how democracies die. That and complete morons who deny what's going on.

Drak

Post by Drak »

He didn't attempt a coup, but he's hiding his records....uh huh.

This is complete bullshit. Just kick the can down the road and run out the clock.

Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney
10m
BREAKING: The DC Circuit Court of Appeals has granted a brief hold on the Trump executive privilege decision, setting a schedule that includes arguments on Nov. 30.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:20 pm He didn't attempt a coup, but he's hiding his records....uh huh.

This is complete bullshit. Just kick the can down the road and run out the clock.

Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney
10m
BREAKING: The DC Circuit Court of Appeals has granted a brief hold on the Trump executive privilege decision, setting a schedule that includes arguments on Nov. 30.
This makes no sense according to Randi Rhodes, they dont defer action unless there is some possibility they will rule in the traitors favor or something like that.

I hope people are prepared for just how bad it is gonna get and how quickly.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:13 pm This makes no sense according to Randi Rhodes, they dont defer action unless there is some possibility they will rule in the traitors favor or something like that.

I hope people are prepared for just how bad it is gonna get and how quickly.
Legal minds are stating this is normal procedure. Two of the judges are Obama appointed, one is Biden appointed. That doesn't mean anything though. We'll see.

But innocent people don't attempt to obstruct and block records. It's obvious they show exactly what we know.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Drak wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:15 pm Legal minds are stating this is normal procedure. Two of the judges are Obama appointed, one is Biden appointed. That doesn't mean anything though. We'll see.

But innocent people don't attempt to obstruct and block records. It's obvious they show exactly what we know.
She said she asked her beau Howard and he said this is only normal when there is a chance they will go the other way, I dont know enough about it which is why I am deferring it to what she said. She was saying it in frustration having talked about the OBVIOUS prick judge in the Rittenhouse case and how justice is not likely.
Drak

Post by Drak »

Libertas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:18 pm She said she asked her beau Howard and he said this is only normal when there is a chance they will go the other way, I dont know enough about it which is why I am deferring it to what she said. She was saying it in frustration having talked about the OBVIOUS prick judge in the Rittenhouse case and how justice is not likely.
Is her husband a legal mind? I don't follow Randi Rhodes so I have no idea.

Here's what others are saying

Asha Rangappa Retweeted
Steve Vladeck - verified
@steve_vladeck
This takes #SCOTUS off the hook for now. It also gives the Court of Appeals a chance to write a careful opinion versus resolving all of this through emergency motions and orders.

(To that end, this is not a panel I’d be especially excited about if I were Trump.)

Asha Rangappa - verified
@AshaRangappa_
2h
I explained on
@CNNnewsroom
why Trump's legal theory of a personal, Pigpen-like cloud of executive power that follows him around everywhere is unlikely to succeed on the merits

Zoe Tillman - Verified
@ZoeTillman
1h
Now: The DC Circuit will temporarily block the Jan. 6 committee from getting Trump's records in advance of tomorrow's due date. This is an "administrative" injunction and not a decision on the merits. Arguments set for 11/30 before Judges Millett, Wilkins, Jackson. More to come.

Zoe Tillman - verified
@ZoeTillman
5h
According to this filing, the Jan. 6 committee and the National Archives aren't taking a position on Trump's request for a temporary administrative injunction. The parties are jointly asking the circuit to set a more expedited briefing schedule on the main appeal

Juanonymous
@Juanvizo1
5h
Why the Defendants take No Position in something so relevant?
Can someone explain?
Legal minds, please ?

Brad Heath - verified
I could be wrong, but if you fight about the administrative injunction, you're going to be doing two rounds of injunction-battling instead of one in front of a panel that might not really appreciate that.

Spiro Agnew’s Ghost
@SpiroAgnewGhost
1h
Annoying but is 3 Judges that will wreck Trump to pieces. They will resolve it quickly post 11/30, they are doing it the right way here legally as frustrating as it is to waste 3 more weeks.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

He is an attorney...
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

sam lefthand wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:49 am No discussion with Carmen about misogyny would be complete without also bring up and even handily discussing misandry.

I do not want, need, desire, request or require that you decided how I should engage in discussion regarding misogyny.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
gounion

Post by gounion »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:44 pm I do not want, need, desire, request or require that you decided how I should engage in discussion regarding misogyny.
Sam loves to tell others how to post.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:00 pm The topic is glennfs's anti-female "chick" comments.

I see you're silent about that and prefer weak whattabbouttery deflections.
Sam really hates when we do not follow his rules that only seem to apply any person but him. The ham-handed attempt at deflection should be ignored. Sam ain't got nothing and he knows it.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

gounion wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:45 pm Sam loves to tell others how to post.
The need to control others is strong in Conservatives. Independent thought scares them.
Last edited by marindem01 on Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

So a member of this board called a man a "chick" as a way to demean him?

Wow, that is what we call a twofer...fucking cons. But you know what is gonna be worse? When trumpers start shooting us and he sits back and figures out a way to say we deserve it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:49 pm So a member of this board called a man a "chick" as a way to demean him?

Wow, that is what we call a twofer...fucking cons. But you know what is gonna be worse? When trumpers start shooting us and he sits back and figures out a way to say we deserve it.
Keeps happening with these clowns.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:57 pm Keeps happening with these clowns.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:58 pm Image
I like John Pavlovitz. Really good person for Amen Corner!

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Drak »

Adam Kinzinger
@AdamKinzinger
Normally huge news. Today we call this “Friday.”

Trump dismisses rioters' calls to hang Pence: 'People were very angry'

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5812 ... fraudulent

Or course, Mike Pence is all "Please sir, might I have another!" like a typical conservative coward.

Drak

Post by Drak »

Mark Meadows defied his congressional subpoena this morning. As innocent people with nothing to hide do.....

Number6

Post by Number6 »

marindem01 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:47 pm The need to control others is strong in Conservatives. Independent thought scares them.
Ironic, ain't it, that conservatives demand others to obey them but conservatives cry crocodile tears when they have to obey common sense rules/laws designed to protect the individual.
When you vote left, you vote right.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Trump says it was 'common sense' for Jan. 6 rioters to chant 'Hang Mike Pence!'

Former president Donald Trump said he considered it “common sense” for his supporters to chant “Hang Mike Pence!” during the Jan. 6 insurrection but that he never feared for his vice president’s safety.

Audio of Trump’s comments to ABC News’s Jonathan Karl were published Friday by Axios in advance of a forthcoming book by Karl.

In the exchange, Trump again took issue with Pence for not intervening to change the results as he presided over the count of electoral college votes by Congress. The count was ultimately interrupted after rioters breached the Capitol and Pence was whisked out of the chamber amid threats on his life.
. . .
“Because it’s common sense, Jon,” Trump said. “It’s common sense that you’re supposed to protect. How can you — if you know a vote is fraudulent, right? — how can you pass on a fraudulent vote to Congress? How can you do that?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html