What is a Political Fanboy?

News and events of the day
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by carmenjonze »

Drak wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:52 am No I didn't prove your point. But this proves my point.

First thing. The entire GOP party is based around a cult and a cult leader personality. The party is not allowed to diverge from thought or action outside the collective, or else members are ostracized and threatened. Then there's the base. MAGA hats, Trump T shirts, Trump flags, "Let's Go Brandon!" is all based around cultlike/sports motifs. No amount of reality or facts will sway the base and the party from turning on the leader and the team. There is NOTHING like this on the left with the mainstream Democratic Party.

As to you. I've been a member of sports forums, and you act just like a fanboy from an opposing team. You sit on a liberal message board and mostly spend your time being contrary and attacking liberals. Or gloating on a liberal message like a child about elections, like you did in the midterms. That's exactly what trolls from other teams do in the sports world.

Like GoU said, you completely described yourself in your OP. It's amazing you are this self unaware. You ARE a political fan boy. You cheer for the GOP like it’s a football team. It doesn’t matter how low the party sinks, or what the leaders you vote for do, you will spin, defend, deny, spread disinformation and deflect for them, no matter what. That's not being objective. You also often preface your points with "I believe," instead of facts.

You constantly root for the liberals to fail, evidenced by the constant attacks and disinformation you parrot. You do not read links or even attempt to, because they impede your world view. You often do childish attacks then run off. You are the very definition of political fan boy and I’ve been pointing that out for years. I've always called you a cheerleader for the GOP, because you are.

Other points. There is nothing wrong with criticizing Biden. There are criticisms of Biden from people on this board. But that's not what you do. You trash Biden and cheer for him to fail. You've been trashing Biden even before he stepped into office. You do the same with Harris. When you're asked for specific information on his "failures," you don't offer any, just talking points that you parrot from the Fox News universe. When data is pointed out you either ignore it and keep repeating yourself or you call the source a lying liberal rag.

On to your point about Clinton and the Loilita Express. No one here, to my knowledge, has ever defended Bill Clinton. I certainly haven't. I've done the opposite.



What you're doing is being a pretty big hypocrite regarding rumors because in that very quote you're inferring Clinton did it more, and that Clinton is a pedo.

You're also a hypocrite because you've accused Biden of sexual misconduct and you've spread disinformation about Biden having dementia. Trump has had TONS of women come forward claiming he sexually assaulted them, and he's made some pretty fucked up comments about minors and Jeff Epstein, who he considered a good friend. So no, it's not far fetched to believe he did what he's accused of. He's known for it throughout the entertainment industry and business world.

It's also been pointed out, time and time again, that when a liberal does something criminal or unethical, liberals on this board will point it out and create threads about it. Conservatives around here, on the other hand, either ignore topics about conservatives being unethical or criminal, or they defend it, as you always do when it comes to Donald Trump. So you can STFU on that.

I very much doubt anyone here believes you voted for Biden or HRC. Because all you've ever done is trash them. And you are NOT for gay rights, not in a serious way, because you vote for those who oppose them. It's just not important to you.
This guy votes for and props up the biggest Trump fanboys there are: Nikki Haley, Tim Scott, Lindsey Graham, and Ralph Norman.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Libertas
Posts: 4471
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:16 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Libertas »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:02 am The Republicans are a whole party of fanboys. They find a fearless leader, then dress up in silly hats and do behavior bordering on war.

The world's biggest fanboys follow European football and Formula 1, so I'm quite aware of the cultlike behavior and propensity to racism and violence. Currently Max Verstappen has a very large Dutch white nationalist cult that follows him everywhere, leaving a trail of racist crimes that the FIA is catching hell for right now.

We all know who acts the most like that in this country. They fell in line behind the dumbest asshole in New York, and now they can't get enough of it.
Crap. Did not know that.

What’s his participation if any do you know?
I sigh in your general direction.
User avatar
ZoWie
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:39 pm
Location: The blue parts of the map

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by ZoWie »

Libertas wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:13 am Crap. Did not know that.

What’s his participation if any do you know?
Verstappen hasn't said anything either way. In general, he does his talking out on the track. He's the opposite of Hamilton, who hobnobs with LA showbiz types, speaks out on social issues, and gets mad when the FIA makes him remove his nose ring for races.

The Dutch took to him because of rabid nationalism. Dutch sports fans are known for this, and also for the fact that their idea of a good time looks more like a street riot in our country. If you can find old footage of this year's Austrian Grand Prix, you can see the most pure expression of this phenomenon. They took over all of several grandstands, all stood there in their orange uniforms, making clouds of orange smoke that obscured the view of the race at times, drinking to extreme excess, and (as I am told) committing any number of racist acts, calling people of color monkeys, and on occasion beating them. In general that race looked like colorized outtakes from Triumph of the Will.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:08 am I support gay rights ...
I completely reject your alleged "support."


Image

"Support" from Ron DeSantis/Ralph Norman/Lindsey Graham voters is politicized electroshock treatment.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
gounion
Posts: 5043
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by gounion »

Glenn you believe that there should be a full gag order about anything in schools that even say that gays exist - all grades. You believe in removing all books that mention homosexuality in schools. You want a gag order on teachers from discussing homosexuality. So no you don’t support gay rights.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:20 pm Glenn you believe that there should be a full gag order about anything in schools that even say that gays exist - all grades. You believe in removing all books that mention homosexuality in schools. You want a gag order on teachers from discussing homosexuality. So no you don’t support gay rights.
This guy is a classic gaslighter.

Starting with the lie he tells himself, "I support gay rights." :problem:

He also apparently believes no gay person has ever seen this type of gaslighting from conservatives, before. :problem:
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
ProfX
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by ProfX »

Sports violence has been with us forever.

I love papers on modern day football (aka Americans call it "soccer") hooliganism, but the truth is, it's nothing new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nika_riots

In 531 CE, angry fans of competing teams in Byzantine chariot races started riots, (the two teams were known by their team colors, the "Blues" and the "Greens") ... the end result was they burned half of Constantinople, and 30,000 people were killed, and the Emperor Justinian narrowly avoided being slain.

Humans, they don't change. So many times people say they've never seen such things before. Well, they may not have gone through history books. :D
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Glennfs
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Glennfs »

gounion wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:20 pm Glenn you believe that there should be a full gag order about anything in schools that even say that gays exist - all grades. You believe in removing all books that mention homosexuality in schools. You want a gag order on teachers from discussing homosexuality. So no you don’t support gay rights.

No I don't and once again and as usual you are making things up.
The closest you can come to that is I do not believe sexuality should be discussed in school with children 9 and under
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
Glennfs
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Glennfs »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 11:48 am I completely reject your alleged "support."


Image

"Support" from Ron DeSantis/Ralph Norman/Lindsey Graham voters is politicized electroshock treatment.
Again proving my point about political fanboys. Because I only agree with 90pct of your opinion you compare me to a klansman.

Fanboy to a tee
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
Glennfs
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Glennfs »

Drak wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:52 am No I didn't prove your point. But this proves my point.

First thing. The entire GOP party is based around a cult and a cult leader personality. The party is not allowed to diverge from thought or action outside the collective, or else members are ostracized and threatened. Then there's the base. MAGA hats, Trump T shirts, Trump flags, "Let's Go Brandon!" is all based around cultlike/sports motifs. No amount of reality or facts will sway the base and the party from turning on the leader and the team. There is NOTHING like this on the left with the mainstream Democratic Party.

As to you. I've been a member of sports forums, and you act just like a fanboy from an opposing team. You sit on a liberal message board and mostly spend your time being contrary and attacking liberals. Or gloating on a liberal message like a child about elections, like you did in the midterms. That's exactly what trolls from other teams do in the sports world.

Like GoU said, you completely described yourself in your OP. It's amazing you are this self unaware. You ARE a political fan boy. You cheer for the GOP like it’s a football team. It doesn’t matter how low the party sinks, or what the leaders you vote for do, you will spin, defend, deny, spread disinformation and deflect for them, no matter what. That's not being objective. You also often preface your points with "I believe," instead of facts.

You constantly root for the liberals to fail, evidenced by the constant attacks and disinformation you parrot. You do not read links or even attempt to, because they impede your world view. You often do childish attacks then run off. You are the very definition of political fan boy and I’ve been pointing that out for years. I've always called you a cheerleader for the GOP, because you are.

Other points. There is nothing wrong with criticizing Biden. There are criticisms of Biden from people on this board. But that's not what you do. You trash Biden and cheer for him to fail. You've been trashing Biden even before he stepped into office. You do the same with Harris. When you're asked for specific information on his "failures," you don't offer any, just talking points that you parrot from the Fox News universe. When data is pointed out you either ignore it and keep repeating yourself or you call the source a lying liberal rag.

On to your point about Clinton and the Loilita Express. No one here, to my knowledge, has ever defended Bill Clinton. I certainly haven't. I've done the opposite.



What you're doing is being a pretty big hypocrite regarding rumors because in that very quote you're inferring Clinton did it more, and that Clinton is a pedo.

You're also a hypocrite because you've accused Biden of sexual misconduct and you've spread disinformation about Biden having dementia. Trump has had TONS of women come forward claiming he sexually assaulted them, and he's made some pretty fucked up comments about minors and Jeff Epstein, who he considered a good friend. So no, it's not far fetched to believe he did what he's accused of. He's known for it throughout the entertainment industry and business world.

It's also been pointed out, time and time again, that when a liberal does something criminal or unethical, liberals on this board will point it out and create threads about it. Conservatives around here, on the other hand, either ignore topics about conservatives being unethical or criminal, or they defend it, as you always do when it comes to Donald Trump. So you can STFU on that.

I very much doubt anyone here believes you voted for Biden or HRC. Because all you've ever done is trash them. And you are NOT for gay rights, not in a serious way, because you vote for those who oppose them. It's just not important to you.
This years Senate election will prove you wrong. If the democratic party holds on to or adds to their majority.
It won't be because voters in places like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Ohio embraced the democratic party left wing agenda.
It will be because enough Republican voters were not a fanboy and voted for the better choice.
Something that you and the other fanboys here have never done.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
gounion
Posts: 5043
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by gounion »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:46 pm This years Senate election will prove you wrong. If the democratic party holds on to or adds to their majority.
It won't be because voters in places like Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Ohio embraced the democratic party left wing agenda.
It will be because enough Republican voters were not a fanboy and voted for the better choice.
Something that you and the other fanboys here have never done.
Let's be clear: For whatever reason, the population of the USA has only voted ONCE in this century for the GOP candidate for President.
User avatar
ProfX
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by ProfX »

Image

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489049/

Star Wars fanatics take a cross-country trip to George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch so their dying friend can see a screening of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) before its release.

BTW, it guest starred William Shatner (! cross-genre!), Carrie Fisher, Kevin Smith, Danny Trejo, and Seth Rogen. :D

Image

I cannot take this idiotic thread seriously anymore, so I won't.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Glennfs
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Glennfs »

ProfX wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:57 pm Image

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0489049/

Star Wars fanatics take a cross-country trip to George Lucas' Skywalker Ranch so their dying friend can see a screening of Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace (1999) before its release.

BTW, it guest starred William Shatner (! cross-genre!), Carrie Fisher, Kevin Smith, Danny Trejo, and Seth Rogen. :D

Image

I cannot take this idiotic thread seriously anymore, so I won't.
Of course not because it shines the light of truth on where so many people here are at.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
ProfX
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by ProfX »

I find your lack of self awareness disturbing.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Glennfs
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Glennfs »

ProfX wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:06 pm I find your lack of self awareness disturbing.
How is a person who supports ideas from both sides lacking self awareness.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
ProfX
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by ProfX »

When you realize politics is more complex than just having two sides, I'd be interested in continuing this discussion with you.

Image

Britain's Parliamentary system has (at least) 12 political parties.

Image

There's way more than 2 teams to choose from. And they frequently change alliances (sides).

Until then, continue your training, Padawan, in the ways of the Farce.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Glennfs
Posts: 2917
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:54 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Glennfs »

ProfX wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:12 pm When you realize politics is more complex than just having two sides, I'd be interested in continuing this discussion with you.

Image

Until then, continue your training, Padawan, in the ways of the Farce.
Of course there are more than two sides but, I didn't want to peel back the onion that far. Remembering KISS.
I've given many examples of fanboydom. Basically people who believe everything negative about one person or party but nothing or next to nothing about the party they support.

Another example today we learned that Cheney's husband's law firm is representing Hunter Biden. Now I am sure no progressive here sees anything wrong in that. On the other hand if it were the other way around I am confident they would be outraged.
" I am a socialist " Bernie Sanders
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:41 pm Again proving my point about political fanboys. Because I only agree with 90pct of your opinion you compare me to a klansman.

Fanboy to a tee
This is a consistent lie you tell yourself, based on your own conservative, conformist anxieties.

I do not want ANY agreement from you about my opinions. Why would I?

I make the comparison not because want any agreement from white supremacists, but because you personally express white supremacist views, repeat long-standing white supremacist/anti-minority propaganda, and most importantly, you vote for white supremacist laws and white-supremacist politicians.

You are the 2022 iteration of the pretentious uptowner who looks down on KKK buffoons Donald Trump and Lauren Boebert, but votes for Citizens Council’ers Ron DeSantis and Ralph Norman while they all party together and laugh at poorly-educated, easy marks like you.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:46 pm
The only reason you’re hiding out in this inane thread is to avoid the headlines about the authoritarian criminals and propagandists you support and vote for.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Drak »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:08 pm How is a person who supports ideas from both sides lacking self awareness.
You do not support both sides. And you sit on a liberal message board day in and day out being contrary, attacking liberals, lying for the GOP and defending the worst among them, because you’re a fan boy troll.

The Prof is correct.
User avatar
ProfX
Posts: 3122
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:15 pm
Location: Earth

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by ProfX »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:20 pm Another example today we learned that Cheney's husband's law firm is representing Hunter Biden. Now I am sure no progressive here sees anything wrong in that.
I don't see why I should.

Latham & Watkins has 3000 attorneys.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latham_%26_Watkins

Cheney's husband works there, Philip Perry, and is a partner.
So it turns out someone else who works there, out of 3000 people, represents Hunter Biden. A lawyer named Chris Clark.

Now again, other than that they work for the same law firm, a) why does this matter? and b) why should I care? (BTW, they may not even know each other. It's a big firm with 28 offices, they may work at different ones.)

Repeating your contrafactual hypothetical doesn't answer my question.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:08 pm How is a person who supports ideas from both sides lacking self awareness.
There are more than just two, binary sides.

Only a simpleton intellectually stuck in first grade thinks in these terms.

It's why you have problems understanding this very simple, basic concept: I reject the so-called support of paternalistic white cons, or any cons, who actively vote to make me a second-class citizen, again.

I could really GAS how much you scream and spittle that you agree with me, or how angry and disoriented that makes you.

I reject the alleged "support" of a person who is dumb enough to "support" Steve Bannon dupes like Ralph Norman. :?
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:20 pm Of course there are more than two sides but, ...
:?

... but you don't even understand what you just wrote.
fanboydom. ...
You just learned this term a couple days ago.

Sit down and open up a book and read it.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
User avatar
Drak
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by Drak »

ProfX wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:39 pm I don't see why I should.

Latham & Watkins has 3000 attorneys.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latham_%26_Watkins

Cheney's husband works there, Philip Perry, and is a partner.
So it turns out someone else who works there, out of 3000 people, represents Hunter Biden. A lawyer named Chris Clark.

Now again, other than that they work for the same law firm, a) why does this matter? and b) why should I care? (BTW, they may not even know each other. It's a big firm with 28 offices, they may work at different ones.)

Repeating your contrafactual hypothetical doesn't answer my question.
You are correct

He’s parroting Trump’s attacks on Cheney.
User avatar
carmenjonze
Posts: 7678
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:06 am

Re: What is a Political Fanboy?

Post by carmenjonze »

The reason Glennfs started this thread: stories like this about Donald Trump and these other conservative crooks, that are coming out by the day.

Justice Department Issues Subpoena to National Archives Over Trump Docs - Daily Beast
The Department of Justice has issued a sweeping grand jury subpoena to the National Archives surrounding the involvement of former President Donald Trump and his allies in the lead-up to last year’s Capitol riot. The subpoena calls for “all materials, in whatever form” that the National Archives gave to the Jan. 6 House committee, including Trump’s daily schedule, phone logs, and a draft speech written before the riot, according to the New York Times.

The subpoena is not related to the recent FBI raid of Trump’s Mar-a-Lago residence and the classified documents Trump allegedly took from the White House and brought back to his home. “The grand jury subpoena suggests that the Justice Department has not only been following the committee’s lead in pursuing its inquiry, but also that prosecutors believe evidence of a crime may exist in the White House documents the archives turned over to the House panel,” the Times reports.
________________________________

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells
________________________________
Post Reply