Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Coyote Piss
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Anyone ever use or have success with this stuff as a small varmet deterent? We have racoons back under our deck. I even put lattice guards up to stop them but they dug right under it. Guess my method was too lazy.

She had babies obviously. Happened several years ago as well and we had a a guy come out to flush them out, then he sprayed wolf urine. Seemed to work. They never came back for years. I ordered some coyote pee from amazon but I"m not sure if it will work. Guess I'll find out. I'd like to wait a bit though in case the babies are still too young to be moved.

Post subject: Re: Coyote Piss
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:21 pm 
Board Emeritus

Your own piss will work better. Step out on the deck and ... .

It will drip down through the cracks between the boards.

Those babies are never too young to be moved. The mother knows how.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:25 pm 
Board Emeritus

I don't have boards though :( It's vinyl and it's deep to where they'd be located. I wouldn't be able to get under it without getting my face ripped off. Otherwise, I would. I guess I'll try the stuff when it arrives to see what happens. I was going to drop some near the sides of the lattice and and the far end steps (there's a crack there near the ground).

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:27 pm 
Board Emeritus

Have you tried moth balls? If you were closer you could borrow a few of my wifes 4 cats.......4 cats.....sigh

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 pm 
Board Emeritus

Have you tried moth balls? If you were closer you could borrow a few of my wifes 4 cats.......4 cats.....sigh

I read about that. That's an idea too. I'll try anything. We have rats all over the place now too, so I'm assuming the raccoons moved backed in because that is a food source.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:52 pm 

How about this one?...............................baking soda,... plus two other ingredients...
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Baking Soda Poison. Put on disposable gloves. Combine 1 cup of flour or cornmeal with 1 cup of sugar or powdered chocolate mix. ... The sugar or chocolate will attract the rats and the baking soda will soon kill them after they've consumed.....................oh......................got to add this........................

Baking Soda kills bedbugs...I didn't believe it either.................. :)

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:13 pm 
Board Emeritus

Problem is, I don't kill things in general (except mosquitos and other parasites). Even spiders I catch and release. The only other things I'll kill is wasp nests built into my house for obvious reasons and destructive insects like carpenter ants and termites.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:17 pm 

If we were closer i would come and take care of your raccoon problem for you.

Once they are gone you'll need to make some changes around your property to make it less critter friendly. Eliminate habitat (small, dark and secluded spaces) and access to food (garbage, grain, pet food) and they'll find somewhere else to call home.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

If we were closer i would come and take care of your raccoon problem for you.

Once they are gone you'll need to make some changes around your property to make it less critter friendly. Eliminate habitat (small, dark and secluded spaces) and access to food (garbage, grain, pet food) and they'll find somewhere else to call home.

Thanks for that. Once I get them to move on I'm going to make it so they can't dig back under. I'll be more resourceful this time.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:08 am 
Board Emeritus

I don't have boards though :( It's vinyl and it's deep to where they'd be located. I wouldn't be able to get under it without getting my face ripped off. Otherwise, I would. I guess I'll try the stuff when it arrives to see what happens. I was going to drop some near the sides of the lattice and and the far end steps (there's a crack there near the ground).

Collect your piss, put it in a spray bottle, get down underneath the deck, and spray away?

Maybe even eat some asparagus before hand, too.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:19 am 
Board Emeritus

Interesting discussion.

I used to feed raccoons. I'd throw bread out to them. I stopped when they sat at the door waiting to come in the house.