Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

News and events of the day
Libertas

Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Post by Libertas »

2017: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador
President Trump revealed highly classified information to the Russian foreign minister and ambassador in a White House meeting last week, according to current and former U.S. officials, who said Trump’s disclosures jeopardized a critical source of intelligence on the Islamic State.

The information the president relayed had been provided by a U.S. partner through an intelligence-sharing arrangement considered so sensitive that details have been withheld from allies and tightly restricted even within the U.S. government, officials said.

The partner had not given the United States permission to share the material with Russia, and officials said Trump’s decision to do so endangers cooperation from an ally that has access to the inner workings of the Islamic State. After Trump’s meeting, senior White House officials took steps to contain the damage, placing calls to the CIA and the National Security Agency.

“This is code-word information,” said a U.S. official familiar with the matter, using terminology that refers to one of the highest classification levels used by American spy agencies. Trump “revealed more information to the Russian ambassador than we have shared with our own allies.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

This was the meeting he had in the Oval Office with Lavrov and Kislyak right after firing Comey.

Cons cant wait to vote for him again.

This is treason. He did it, we knew he did it, but even I didnt think he revealed this which is maybe THE MOST secret stuff we have. But the cons here will vote for him again.
I sigh in your general direction.
Libertas

Re: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Post by Libertas »

https://www.democraticunderground.com/1017762563

Graham, as in lindsey, calls for riots if justice is done with trump.
carmenjonze

Re: Trump revealed highly classified information to Russian foreign minister and ambassador

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:50 pm Cons cant wait to vote for him again.

This is treason. He did it, we knew he did it, but even I didnt think he revealed this which is maybe THE MOST secret stuff we have. But the cons here will vote for him again.
These people really are a national security hazard.

All some demagogue has to do is promise them they'll put the white women and so-called minorities in their places. So what if they're selling state secrets to this country's enemies, big deal, just so long as the one trans athlete in all of Kentucky won't be able to play basketball, who cares. :problem:

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Anyone wondering if cons would denounce this, I guess we can stop wondering if even this is something they will support. Guess so.

Takes our enemy into the Oval office and hands them names of spies and whatnot. Wow.
bird

Post by bird »

Looking for my “I’m stunned” button.

It’s here somewheres…
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

My button broke after constant use in 2017.

Nothing surprises me now.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Drak

Post by Drak »

Non of the local conservatives care. They just come here to play childish games.
"Some of those that work forces,
Are the same that burn crosses"

- Rage Against the Machine
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

We knew that drumpf divulged top secret noforn compartmentalized information that can and did compromise US intelligence at the meeting being referred to here. All we didn't know was exactly what it was. I've also seen something about military assets in Israel.

It's been a sore point with a lot of people since about an hour after said meeting happened, and that's about when my button broke.

Nothing about TFG can stun me now.
Last edited by ZoWie on Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ZoWie wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:06 pm My button broke after constant use in 2017.

Nothing surprises me now.
Yes nothing's shocking. I know how that is.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

Dean Obedelliah on SiriusXM is playing the audio of James Comey and Hillary email case, using the Comey standard that was used for Hillary, Trump and everyone that works for him would go to prison for 1000 years. Is basically a translation.

To summarize Hillary at worst was careless, Trump intentional and we now know it was intentional.

Even to call it careless could be a stretch given how less people knew about all this back then, but I am OK with saying that she was careless with what was it seven documents that were never hacked with no intention of wrongdoing.