Randi Rhodes is full of sh#t regarding Dave Chappelle

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Randi Rhodes is full of sh#t regarding Dave Chappelle

Post by carmenjonze »

Listening to her Monday 10-25-21 show today. It's disappointing but not surprising to listen to her complain about so-called cancel culture and defend a nearly two-hour show of this guy whining about what a victim he is because LGBTQ people aren't laughing at his violent, antigay and anti-trans jokes.

SMH, f. that.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Re: Randi Rhodes is full of sh#t regarding Dave Chappelle

Post by carmenjonze »

Lol this guy has a show on Netflix, with the backing of Netflix top brass. This is what these entitled people consider being "canceled". :problem:

Dave Chappelle Willing to Discuss ‘The Closer’ With Trans Community, but Says He’s ‘Not Bending to Anybody’s Demands’ - Variety

TMK, The Trans Community™ hasn't made any "demands" of Dave Chappelle.
"Thank God for Ted Sarandos and Netflix, he’s the only one that didn’t cancel me yet.”
This guy is so clouded by his anti-LGBTQ hate, he can't even see the stark irony in actually saying something like this in public.

Lol f. this guy.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Tao Jones Sr. »

A lot of people still can’t navigate the ‘laughing with/laughing at’ dynamic, and how many entertainers, especially comedians, don’t get it.

There’s a joke that goes like this:

Q: How many gays does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: THAT’S NOT FUNNY!

Accusing The LGTBQ+ community of oversensitivity/humorlessness is the oldest joke in the book. Some people just don’t evolve.

People drawn to comedy or performing can be quick to disparage themselves as either schtick and/or a defense. Understanding those who have no such defenses and refraining from picking on them, separates the comics from the clowns.
”Loons Need Not Apply.” -Bushwa
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Tao Jones Sr. wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:11 pm A lot of people still can’t navigate the ‘laughing with/laughing at’ dynamic, and how many entertainers, especially comedians, don’t get it.

There’s a joke that goes like this:

Q: How many gays does it take to screw in a light bulb?
A: THAT’S NOT FUNNY!

Accusing The LGTBQ+ community of oversensitivity/humorlessness is the oldest joke in the book. Some people just don’t evolve.

People drawn to comedy or performing can be quick to disparage themselves as either schtick and/or a defense. Understanding those who have no such defenses and refraining from picking on them, separates the comics from the clowns.
And this is a guy who quit Comedy Central for exactly that reason - he realized his jokes were landing wrong with racists. He's one of these people who is really attached to this idea that gays are white and all the Black people are hetero.

What's interesting to me is how the straights, I suppose like Randi too, really still don't get what the issue is, at all. There have been a ton of Black LGBTQ people writing all these position pieces on the show in like the NYT and WP...not on some blog or Substack. They don't read them, and also join in his victimhood act.

F. them, too. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:02 pm Listening to her Monday 10-25-21 show today. It's disappointing but not surprising to listen to her complain about so-called cancel culture and defend a nearly two-hour show of this guy whining about what a victim he is because LGBTQ people aren't laughing at his violent, antigay and anti-trans jokes.

SMH, f. that.
Didnt listen that day for some reason.

I completely understand your comments and agree, at the same time this thing reminds me a bit of the current struggle to get Prez Biden's stimulus signed into law.

There are approx 2 Democrats opposed and ALL repubs, what is that almost 250 House and Senate GOP vs TWO out of approx 250 House and Senate dems, yet if you are watching the news it is all the Democrats fault, SIGH!

Similarly the nation is full to the gills with white Homophobic and Transphobic assholes, but the Black guy gets all the press (not saying he doesnt deserve it just like Sinema and Manchin deserve criticism, etc.)
I sigh in your general direction.
marindem01

Post by marindem01 »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:02 pm Listening to her Monday 10-25-21 show today. It's disappointing but not surprising to listen to her complain about so-called cancel culture and defend a nearly two-hour show of this guy whining about what a victim he is because LGBTQ people aren't laughing at his violent, antigay and anti-trans jokes.

SMH, f. that.
Chappell has really been funny. I have never LGBTQ/Racism/Misogyny as funny. I'm sure Chappell makes money hand over fist with his ugly humor. Me, I will never watch him.
Love of Country is not Blind Patriotism. It is not devotion to one person or one party. It is knowing fighting for your country is single most important thing you can do. Do not accept the notion violence is the answer.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:02 am Didnt listen that day for some reason.

I completely understand your comments and agree, at the same time this thing reminds me a bit of the current struggle to get Prez Biden's stimulus signed into law.

There are approx 2 Democrats opposed and ALL repubs, what is that almost 250 House and Senate GOP vs TWO out of approx 250 House and Senate dems, yet if you are watching the news it is all the Democrats fault, SIGH!

Similarly the nation is full to the gills with white Homophobic and Transphobic assholes, but the Black guy gets all the press (not saying he doesnt deserve it just like Sinema and Manchin deserve criticism, etc.)
You should see the show because it’s a lot worse than the few jokes that keep getting talked about in the news.

What DC defenders miss is that there’s a wider context for the show, which is the current environment of all these said white homophobes/trans phones actually making anti-LGBTQ laws. Chappelle isn’t being singled out…he decided of his own free Will to write the routines and go on Netflix to film them. Then when he inevitably gets criticized for stirring the pot, he cries foul.

If anyone has gotten so-called canceled, it’s been the two trans Netflix employees who got suspended and fired for speaking out about the show content, one of whom is Black. DC’s defenders, including Randi Rhodes, never mention this, even though it’s mainstream news.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:44 am You should see the show because it’s a lot worse than the few jokes that keep getting talked about in the news.

What DC defenders miss is that there’s a wider context for the show, which is the current environment of all these said white homophobes/trans phones actually making anti-LGBTQ laws. Chappelle isn’t being singled out…he decided of his own free Will to write the routines and go on Netflix to film them. Then when he inevitably gets criticized for stirring the pot, he cries foul.

If anyone has gotten so-called canceled, it’s been the two trans Netflix employees who got suspended and fired for speaking out about the show content, one of whom is Black. DC’s defenders, including Randi Rhodes, never mention this, even though it’s mainstream news.
Have seen bits, will watch it all today, I am home with a bad knee (red, slightly swollen and hot to the touch), and the weather is crap.

Excellent point about the Netflix people who were fired. It was embarrassing to Netflix to see how much they spent on his specials, for sure. Hopefully the two fired get top notch wrongful termination lawyers.

As to my knee, I was repositioning myself in bed and pulled my knees up toward my stomach so I could lift my rear to pull a heating pad under and I heard a crack/pop in my left knee. shit
sam lefthand

Post by sam lefthand »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:39 am I am home with a bad knee (red, slightly swollen and hot to the touch), ... .
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. I had that two months ago.

:(

That time and every other have for me been each time 6 weeks of OUCH.

I have a love/hate relationship with a smelly old knee brace for crying out loud!

:|

I'm fine now.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Then i fell asleep with this on my knee two days ago for I dont know how long (musta been an hour or longer) and have had a painful burn ever since...gonna go get aloe vera in a few minutes.

Libertas

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:44 am You should see the show because it’s a lot worse than the few jokes that keep getting talked about in the news.

In doc office getting PTNS from my urologist and watching more. Jesus what a know it all. Ass even.

And you don’t know what “punching down” means? ASSHOLE