The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

News and events of the day
carmenjonze

Re: The fix is in, Rittenhouse case...

Post by carmenjonze »

Number6 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:49 pm Rittenhouse illegally had a weapon in an area where he wasn't authorized to perform security or law enforcement actions. Anyone carrying a gun has the intention of committing violence whether they are using it for offensive or defensive action. He is not a victim but a perpetrator.
Conservative whites have a very bad habit of victimizing others, yet crying victim when they're found out, and claiming those of us who talk about their histories are trafficking in victimhood mentality.

Problem with conservative whites is, they do not see their lgendary behavior as victimizing others. Slavery wasn't oppression, neither was segregation, neither was their lynchmobbery, nor was shutting off immigration to everybody in the world but people from western Europe.

Native Americans are inferior and warlike, so they deserved to be genocided, shoved onto reservations, and brutalized in boarding schools.

Unlike white cons, Asians are the ones who can't be trusted, are despotic, tyrranical, and spreading diseases, so they deserved to have their citizenship rights stripped every other decade.

God ordained separation of the races, it's even in the Bible, so they can do anything they please to people of African descent.

Latinos are the rapists, the gang members, the mass murderers, so sucks to be them when they're discriminated on every front including immigration, education, race, ancestry, and real/perceived national origin.

Muslims and Jews are just sad imitations of God's Favorite Religion™. So they get what's coming to them.

It oppresses them when a trans girl in high school wants to go out for basketball.

This is their legal and public policy history. When anyone else discusses their history of violence and snowflake pettiness, they lapse into the victimhood mentality they accuse everyone else of, and start crying racism.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

ProfX wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:05 pm I don't remember even arguing Rittenhouse committed 1st degree murder, which I think he'd need to get the death penalty. Besides him being 17 at the time. We do execute juveniles, many countries won't (that being defined as age at commission of crime, of course.)

I don't happen to think so. On the other hand, I'd be very disappointed if they only convict him for underage weapon possession. I also don't think he's as innocent as the driven snow due to self defense.

As I said we can debate about the wounding of Grosskreutz. That might be self defense. He was armed.

On the others, I think it was manslaughter, or maybe 2nd degree murder. Once again, JMHO, I am not a lawyer, nor play one on TV.

I don't feel the need to restate my views on the death penalty, I can say in most circumstances I oppose it.
My apologies, i exaggerated. It's not like it's something new here.

From the git go, this has been a political powder keg destined to be tried in the court of public opinion. Because of that pressure Rittenhouse was over charged. On the top end, some of what Rittenhouse is currently charged with would fetch him 65 years in prison. A mere 5 years for manslaughter was not good enough. So..... now the prosecution is scrambling.....

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/11/10549491 ... ittenhouse
Prosecutors will ask to add some lesser charges against Kyle Rittenhouse
Now, prosecutors say they plan to ask the judge to allow the jury to consider lesser versions of at least two of those charges: those related to the shootings of Huber and Grosskreutz.

Lesser charges could include reckless homicide rather than intentional homicide, or second degree rather than first degree. Different charges have different requirements, some of which may fit better with the prosecution's case, legal experts said.

"I think the request for lesser included charges reflects an acknowledgment that their case might not be as strong with regard to the original charges and that at this point, they're willing to give up the prospect of life imprisonment for the defendant in exchange for obtaining convictions on something," Julius Kim, a Wisconsin-based defense attorney who is not involved in the case, told NPR.
i hope it happens.

i've started to look at Grosskreutz and Huber a bit differently. From what i now understand both Grosskreutz and Huber did not see the original confrontation between Rittenhouse and Rosenbaum. According to Huber's girlfriend they heard shots, then saw Rittenhouse running down the middle of the road followed by protesters shouting that he had jus shot someone. For all they knew Rittenhouse had gone of the deep end and was randomly shooting demonstrators. They may very well have seen Rittenhouse as a threat and were trying to stop it.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
bradman

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:38 pm The kid who bought the gun has been charged with 2 felonies and the trial is scheduled in November. Given Rittenhouse’s testimony don’t be surprised if there is a plea bargain. I figure the investigation you want happened and there is nothing to move on. Not a good idea to file charges where the prosecution can’t win. Imagine they are about to learn that lesson in a big way.
Some of it i knew, some of it i figured.

Still, i'd of loved something like this to to be more front and center........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rittenhouse- ... 00959.html
Rittenhouse trial spotlights gun-violence culture — and how a mother can fail a child | Opinion
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
gounion

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:28 am My apologies, i exaggerated. It's not like it's something new here.

From the git go, this has been a political powder keg destined to be tried in the court of public opinion. Because of that pressure Rittenhouse was over charged. On the top end, some of what Rittenhouse is currently charged with would fetch him 65 years in prison. A mere 5 years for manslaughter was not good enough. So..... now the prosecution is scrambling.....

i hope it happens.

i've started to look at Grosskreutz and Huber a bit differently. From what i now understand both Grosskreutz and Huber did not see the original confrontation between Rittenhouse and Rosenbaum. According to Huber's girlfriend they heard shots, then saw Rittenhouse running down the middle of the road followed by protesters shouting that he had jus shot someone. For all they knew Rittenhouse had gone of the deep end and was randomly shooting demonstrators. They may very well have seen Rittenhouse as a threat and were trying to stop it.
Oh, you're just NOW realizing this? I said so many posts ago:
Rittenhouse, as I understand it, got into three separate scuffles, in which he shot three different people. After the first murder, do you think anyone would be saying "I've got to stop this guy before he kills more?"
But you've tried to make them out as criminals that got what was coming to them. Then you tried to blame a Militia leader for it. But if Rittenhouse was just defending himself, how could a Militia leader have responsibility?

To me, from the first you had decided Rittenhouse isn't guilty, and just tried to find whatever you could to blame something - anyone - else.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

This is what I get when I click on your link Gounion about posting so many posts ago

posting.php?mode=quote&p=3522

check it out
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:00 am This is what I get when I click on your link Gounion about posting so many posts ago

posting.php?mode=quote&p=3522

check it out
Oops, it shows my posting... Not sure what you see. But the I quote the post. Here's the link I meant to give.
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:13 am Oops, it shows my posting... Not sure what you see. But the I quote the post. Here's the link I meant to give.
It shows it as if I am responding to it. Quoting.
bradman

Post by bradman »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:57 am Oh, you're just NOW realizing this? I said so many posts ago:

But you've tried to make them out as criminals that got what was coming to them. Then you tried to blame a Militia leader for it. But if Rittenhouse was just defending himself, how could a Militia leader have responsibility?

To me, from the first you had decided Rittenhouse isn't guilty, and just tried to find whatever you could to blame something - anyone - else.
What part of me thinking manslaughter would be an easy win makes you think i believe Rittenhouse is innocent?

i'd like to say you had something to do with the new information for my new train of thought. Unfortunately about that time ad hominems were being lobbed. And when that happens it usually doesn't register. It more has to do with a updated time line from a WAPO you tube video. A couple of articles, and a very informative interview with Huber's girlfriend.

i didn't shift blame to a militia leader. i Said he held some responsibility for the events that day. As did his parents, his friend, his friends father, business owners, police............Rittenhouse........who, or what, am i missing in the chain of events that led up to the tragedy?

i know, there is one thing that i've wondered on from time to time. If Rosenbaum had not been released from a mental health facility that day none of it may have happened. i'd like to know more about the details leading to his release. Was he receiving the right help? Was he taking his medications? Was he released to early? Did he have a place to stay? Follow up care? Was he still suicidal? Should he have been released?

Now, that's not shifting blame. It's just another piece of the puzzle that led up to the events of that day. Interrupt anyone of those events and the tragedy may very well not have happened.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:28 am My apologies, i exaggerated.
Well no, you lied several times to try and prove some point.
From the git go, this has been a political powder keg destined to be tried in the court of public opinion.
This is a cliché. You have defended this man from the beginning.
Because of that pressure Rittenhouse was over charged.
^more, um, exaggeration.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:34 am Some of it i knew, some of it i figured.

Still, i'd of loved something like this to to be more front and center........

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rittenhouse- ... 00959.html
Rittenhouse trial spotlights gun-violence culture — and how a mother can fail a child | Opinion
:roll:

It’s everyone’s fault but his, that he ran to Kenosha and killed the nigger-lovers.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

gounion wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:57 am Oh, you're just NOW realizing this? I said so many posts ago:

Conservative white males are not to be held responsible for their destructive behavior.

When you do, it victimizes them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:36 am Conservative white males are not to be held responsible for their destructive behavior.

When you do, it victimizes them.
Bannon wants to fund raise and form a fascist army to take us all out and if he gets to go to jail for a while he will do exactly that, as in at least try.

I actually had a con here admit they dont think trump would resort to violence or imprisonment if he could to maintain power, so clearly they will do as we predicted if the violence starts, nothing.

Once we all accept that we are surrounded here and in general by people who will sit idly by and simply WATCH while innocent people are beaten or killed or wrongfully imprisoned, the sooner we might be able to get together and prepare for it.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:10 pm Bannon wants to fund raise and form a fascist army to take us all out and if he gets to go to jail for a while he will do exactly that, as in at least try.

I actually had a con here admit they dont think trump would resort to violence or imprisonment if he could to maintain power, so clearly they will do as we predicted if the violence starts, nothing.

Once we all accept that we are surrounded here and in general by people who will sit idly by and simply WATCH while innocent people are beaten or killed or wrongfully imprisoned, the sooner we might be able to get together and prepare for it.
Oh, they'll join in with it, call themselves neutral, objective, and fence-sitters, then look you square in the face and tell you fascism happened in Germany in the 30's.

As if nobody has seen this same exact MO from white cons, before. :problem:

How do people think segregated schools, neighborhoods, libraries, federal facilities, public transportation, and voting lasted so long?

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:17 pm Oh, they'll join in with it, call themselves neutral, objective, and fence-sitters, then look you square in the face and tell you fascism happened in Germany in the 30's.

As if nobody has seen this same exact MO from white cons, before. :problem:

How do people think segregated schools, neighborhoods, libraries, federal facilities, public transportation, and voting lasted so long?
To me the height of hypocrisy and disloyalty to America is to do what I saw here today, to deny that trump will use violence or imprisonment to maintain power if he can and needs to. The very thing we know he will do.

Like I said several times recently because she is on my mind, all we have to do is listen to Maya:
~Maya Angelou. Remember this because it will happen many times in your life. When people show you who they are the first time believe them.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:22 am i know, there is one thing that i've wondered on from time to time. If Rosenbaum had not been released from a mental health facility that day none of it may have happened. i'd like to know more about the details leading to his release. Was he receiving the right help? Was he taking his medications? Was he released to early? Did he have a place to stay? Follow up care? Was he still suicidal? Should he have been released?
https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenh ... 9f779b0057

[snip]

In other testimony, the prosecution suffered a potential blow when Rosenbaum’s fiancee, Kariann Swart, disclosed that he was on medication for bipolar disorder and depression but didn’t fill his prescriptions because the local pharmacy was boarded up as a result of the unrest — information Rittenhouse’s lawyers could use in their bid to portray Rosenbaum as the aggressor that night.

[snip]

On the day he was killed, Rosenbaum had been released from a Milwaukee hospital. The jury was told that much, but not why he had been admitted — after a suicide attempt.

[snip]

According to testimony, Rosenbaum, 36, was unarmed and did not hurt anyone that night. During the clash with Rittenhouse, he threw a clear plastic hospital bag that he had been given to hold his toiletries.

[snip][end]

I think a plastic bag with a toothbrush in it, you'd have a hard case for making as a lethal weapon.

His mental health history doesn't really show any history of aggression or violence against others.

We can debate whether Rosenbaum should have tried to disarm him. But I agree with your point that at the point Huber confronted him, he didn't know what had gone down earlier, and he may have well thought Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum in cold blood unprovoked.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
Libertas

Post by Libertas »

Surely a plastic bag is big enough of a weapon to justify blowing his head off with an AR15? Or his arm or leg or stomach or wherever he hit him.

Look where we are again, righty murders decent people and we have to argue about why it was OK for him to do so.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

dupl
Last edited by carmenjonze on Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:22 pm Surely a plastic bag is big enough of a weapon to justify blowing his head off with an AR15? Or his arm or leg or stomach or wherever he hit him.

Look where we are again, righty murders decent people and we have to argue about why it was OK for him to do so.
Well, he's crazy.

So.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:13 pm His mental health history doesn't really show any history of aggression or violence against others.
Yes but he's crazy, tho

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Bludogdem »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:28 am My apologies, i exaggerated. It's not like it's something new here.

i hope it happens.

I doubt what they were thinking will be much, if any, influence with the jury. Rittenhouse doesn’t know what their reason for the assault is. Only that he’s being chased, people are shouting get him, kill him, someone is trying to bash his skull with a skateboard and somebody has a pistol soon to be pointed at his head. Heat of the moment reaction to the threat will likely be the jury’s focus.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Bludogdem wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:59 pm I doubt what they were thinking will be much, if any, influence with the jury. Rittenhouse doesn’t know what their reason for the assault is. Only that he’s being chased, people are shouting get him, kill him, someone is trying to bash his skull with a skateboard and somebody has a pistol soon to be pointed at his head. Heat of the moment reaction to the threat will likely be the jury’s focus.
Sock.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by bradman »

ProfX wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:13 pm https://apnews.com/article/kyle-rittenh ... 9f779b0057

[snip]

In other testimony, the prosecution suffered a potential blow when Rosenbaum’s fiancee, Kariann Swart, disclosed that he was on medication for bipolar disorder and depression but didn’t fill his prescriptions because the local pharmacy was boarded up as a result of the unrest — information Rittenhouse’s lawyers could use in their bid to portray Rosenbaum as the aggressor that night.

[snip]

On the day he was killed, Rosenbaum had been released from a Milwaukee hospital. The jury was told that much, but not why he had been admitted — after a suicide attempt.

[snip]

According to testimony, Rosenbaum, 36, was unarmed and did not hurt anyone that night. During the clash with Rittenhouse, he threw a clear plastic hospital bag that he had been given to hold his toiletries.

[snip][end]

I think a plastic bag with a toothbrush in it, you'd have a hard case for making as a lethal weapon.

His mental health history doesn't really show any history of aggression or violence against others.

We can debate whether Rosenbaum should have tried to disarm him. But I agree with your point that at the point Huber confronted him, he didn't know what had gone down earlier, and he may have well thought Rittenhouse shot Rosenbaum in cold blood unprovoked.
Yup, the mystery of the plastic bag has been solved.

Still, there's a couple other pieces of the puzzle i'd like to know the answer to. (actually way more than a couple)

Rittenhouse was carrying a fire extinguisher when Rosenbaum started his pursuit. What happened to the fire extinguisher? i don't see him carrying it when next seen running into the used car lot.
That and the chain Rosenbaum was carrying when he took after Rittenhouse. He can be seen standing in the median holding the chain when Rittenhouse passed by him with the extinguisher in hand. Why was he carrying a chain, and where did it go?

Also, didn't Rosenbaum's girlfriend have a restraining order against Rosenbaum?

If i'm not mistaken, it was Rosenbaum's second attempt at suicide. Was he going for a 3rd? He did ask repeatedly for someone to shoot him that night. Did he still have a death wish?
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:14 pmRittenhouse was carrying a fire extinguisher when Rosenbaum started his pursuit. What happened to the fire extinguisher? i don't see him carrying it when next seen running into the used car lot.
That and the chain Rosenbaum was carrying when he took after Rittenhouse. He can be seen standing in the median holding the chain when Rittenhouse passed by him with the extinguisher in hand. Why was he carrying a chain, and where did it go?
Sources for any of this?
Also, didn't Rosenbaum's girlfriend have a restraining order against Rosenbaum?
Source?
If i'm not mistaken, it was Rosenbaum's second attempt at suicide. Was he going for a 3rd? He did ask repeatedly for someone to shoot him that night. Did he still have a death wish?
Sources, please.

I bet WN Boy is glad he doesn't have fence-sitters as lawyers. You'd never get anywhere trying to make a case for the perp being the victim, this way.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Lol and these bell pepper head conservatives fall for this old white-tears vaudeville act...

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by gounion »

bradman wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:14 pm
Hey Brad, does it matter that Rittenhouse loved to play Call of Duty?

Does it matter that Rittenhouse saw video of people looting a store, and said "I wish I was there with a gun, I would have killed them?