Been riding a lot

News and events of the day
bradman

Re: Been riding a lot

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:15 pm Ok.

There’s always, trump, is the gift that keeps on giving. His presence will very likely influence independent voters to move the Senate deeper into democratic control. So there’s that.
It's much appreciated.

The rest kinda remains to be seen eh.

i'm kinda hoping this thread remains light.

Something we can.........i dunno........Share life.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

I'm cool with keeping this thread light. I like talking about other things. Obviously I've always been into cars, and I've always liked bikes too.

Someone who used to be on this board still e-mails me and asks when I'm going back to taking the speedy little car up those sexy roads above Topanga. I stopped when the traffic on PCH became bad all the time, but there are secret back ways into there by other routes. Tell you something, it's tempting. It would improve my mood quite a bit.

Highway 61 must have changed. The one in the Dylan song starts somewhere south of Hibbing MN where he grew up, and ends in New Orleans. It's a north-south route. I don't think it goes anywhere near New York.

When I drive in New York I always seem to wind up on the 9W.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
bradman

Post by bradman »

Thank you.

i'm tired. Worn out. i don't like being tense all the time. i want my humor back. More importantly, i want it back in social settings. When i said i was going back in, that's what i meant. Sturgis confirmed something i couldn't put my finger on before the trip. i can't survive without that interaction. For instance, my quest for a Biden t-shirt was real. The looks i got, the conversations i had, the laughter, well, they are priceless to me. i haven't had fun like that for damn near 3 years now. That's enough. i'm going do my best to avoid the nuts and engage with the rest. Get busy living.

9W> One of the quests my group is on is to find new places to ride. The kid downloaded an app for bikes. Want the fast route, the short route? Freeways, rural routes? Scenic, historical? B&B's, fancy resorts? Punch in an area, and what you want to see, and whalla, it gives ya what ya want.
But for seeing the falls from the Canadian side, i've never been to New York. For some reason i never think of scenic rides when i think of New York. Thanks for correcting that thought. Thanks for a tip.

{chuckle} It'll be interesting to see what the kids smart phone comes up with.
I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat. [Will Rogers]
bradman

Post by bradman »

Quite the opposite.

chuckle. Example During my quest for a Biden shirt, my kids expressed concern for my safety. They were a bit worried that i'd not recognize a MAGA mad hatter and piss him off, which apparently, to them, could lead to my demise. It was South Dakota after all. They have open carry and use it. A lot.

When i say i'm going back in, it's to take them on face to face. The only prerequisite, a sense of humor. It's way more fun. i didn't realize how much i missed it.
bradman

Post by bradman »

Bludogdem wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 8:15 pm Ok.

There’s always, trump, is the gift that keeps on giving. His presence will very likely influence independent voters to move the Senate deeper into democratic control. So there’s that.
We are going to find out how much of a dent it is tomorrow, eh?
bradman

Post by bradman »

What a night.

i haven't had this much fun since my Uncle Jim took me down to the dump to slug rats around nightfall.
bird

Post by bird »

ZoWie wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 12:20 am I'm cool with keeping this thread light. I like talking about other things. Obviously I've always been into cars, and I've always liked bikes too.

Someone who used to be on this board still e-mails me and asks when I'm going back to taking the speedy little car up those sexy roads above Topanga. I stopped when the traffic on PCH became bad all the time, but there are secret back ways into there by other routes. Tell you something, it's tempting. It would improve my mood quite a bit.

Highway 61 must have changed. The one in the Dylan song starts somewhere south of Hibbing MN where he grew up, and ends in New Orleans. It's a north-south route. I don't think it goes anywhere near New York.

When I drive in New York I always seem to wind up on the 9W.
Is 9W the Taconic Parkway? I drove on that for a bit when I had the Northeast for my territory. Very beautiful and you better fill up before going on it because there ain't a lot of places to get gas.
Ted

Post by Ted »

bradman wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 1:58 pm Quite the opposite.

chuckle. Example During my quest for a Biden shirt, my kids expressed concern for my safety. They were a bit worried that i'd not recognize a MAGA mad hatter and piss him off, which apparently, to them, could lead to my demise. It was South Dakota after all. They have open carry and use it. A lot.

When i say i'm going back in, it's to take them on face to face. The only prerequisite, a sense of humor. It's way more fun. i didn't realize how much i missed it.
Do you think you would be safer wearing a Biden shirt in Trump country or a Trump shirt in Biden country?
ZoWie

Post by ZoWie »

9W was the old state route, which is now 9N. It follows the Hudson for quite some distance. It seems to be around Saratoga. If you made some wrong turns going upstate from NYC you could wind up on it. All I really remember about it is that it was good leaf peeping country in the fall. I rode on it but I never drove.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
bradman

Post by bradman »

Ted wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:22 am Do you think you would be safer wearing a Biden shirt in Trump country or a Trump shirt in Biden country?
Caught this one just before Labor Day vacation. Kinda a serious question, so i thought it best to marinate.*

Guess it depends upon where i'm wearing which shirt.**

* Are we talking where i would be safer? Or, where i would feel safer?

** Versus bullets, i'd rather defend against dodging frozen water bottles and zip lock bags of human crap.
Ted

Post by Ted »

bradman wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:28 pm Caught this one just before Labor Day vacation. Kinda a serious question, so i thought it best to marinate.*

Guess it depends upon where i'm wearing which shirt.**

* Are we talking where i would be safer? Or, where i would feel safer?

** Versus bullets, i'd rather defend against dodging frozen water bottles and zip lock bags of human crap.
Let's assume that you would only have to be concerned with people that aren't armed with anything other than their bare hands.

Biden shirt at a Trump rally vs Trump shirt at a BLM event?

Trump shirt in San Francisco vs Biden shirt at Sturgis?

Biden shirt at the Republican National Convention vs Trump shirt at the Democratic National Convention?
bradman

Post by bradman »

Ted wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 7:38 pm Let's assume that you would only have to be concerned with people that aren't armed with anything other than their bare hands.

Biden shirt at a Trump rally vs Trump shirt at a BLM event?

Trump shirt in San Francisco vs Biden shirt at Sturgis?

Biden shirt at the Republican National Convention vs Trump shirt at the Democratic National Convention?
That was quick.

How bout a Trump shirt in Portland?

As i said, i'd rather dodge plastic bags of shit than bullets.

i get defending a home state. When it comes to Sturgis, i felt far more comfortable in Brainerd this Memorial Day week. We have open carry but it's not really used.
bradman

Post by bradman »

The kids were all working so i went on a quiet little ride all by myself this afternoon.

Met my first full blown Q Trump fans at one of the local watering holes..

The encounter was rather disturbing.

I left with one hand shake. But the other.............I kinda think he'd want to see me dead than shake my hand. (He wouldn't. His wife did though) :mrgreen:
bradman

Post by bradman »

Supposedly, it could be in the 60's by Friday and hanging in the low 70's by Saturday. When it comes to chores, we're all looking to play hooky again. 8-)