Got bivalent Omicron Pfizer vax today...

Introduce yourself, or talk about what's happening in your life
Libertas

Got bivalent Omicron Pfizer vax today...

Post by Libertas »

Hoping I dont get sick...

Pharmacy said I was one of the first as they just got it in today.

Was gonna get the senior flu shot at same time, they say you can, but figured I would wait a week or two just in case I have a reaction. Plus I guess the longer you wait the longer into flu season it protects you, some say 6 months total.
I sigh in your general direction.
ZoWie

Re: Got bivalent Omicron Pfizer vax today...

Post by ZoWie »

Libertas wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:15 pm Hoping I dont get sick...

Pharmacy said I was one of the first as they just got it in today.

Was gonna get the senior flu shot at same time, they say you can, but figured I would wait a week or two just in case I have a reaction. Plus I guess the longer you wait the longer into flu season it protects you, some say 6 months total.
I took them separately because everyone I know who had both at once got sick. In the past I've gotten a very sore arm from the covid, so I was dreading it, but this time, nothing. I waited several weeks for the high-dose flu shot, finally got it, and again, nothing. Usually I get at least the sore arm again. Not this time.
"We must remember that we cannot abandon the truth and remain a free nation." --Liz Cheney, Republican, 7/21/22
Number6

Post by Number6 »

I got the Pfizer bivalent shot about three weeks ago. With the previous Moderna shots, my arm was mildly sore for a couple of days and the reactions also mild. I was prepared to a repeat with the Pfizer but my arm wasn't sore and I had no reactions. I normally get my flu shot in mid-October at the Navy Clinic. I'm planning on getting my flu shot next week if it's available at the Navy Clinic. If not, then I'll get it at either Rie-Aid or Walgreens.
When you vote left, you vote right.
ProfX

Post by ProfX »

I can affirm this. I did not have reactions to my first booster (I did to shot #1, but it was J & J). But I did have shoulder pain at the site that I would say was quite noticeable for about 3 days.

The bivalent booster jab - got mine earlier this week - very slight pain. Barely noticeable. And still no reactions.

BTW: the good news - it DOES protect against the new "alphabet soup" strains of Omicron. (B.A.5/6, etc.) It looks like we are heading for a "winter wave" of Omicron. The vax'd don't have much to fear. But we still have immunocompromised and the anti-vaxers. and yes I care about their lives, too.

The bad - the monoclonal antibodies certain gubinators like DeStupid are promoting - don't work against "alphabet soup". You HAVE to get Paxlovid.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
gounion

Post by gounion »

I got the new vax as soon as it was available. That makes four shots each for my wife and I. Got my regular flu shot at the same time. Haven’t had as much as a sniffle since the pandemic began.