“The voter aren’t buying what you’re selling”

News and events of the day
gounion

“The voter aren’t buying what you’re selling”

Post by gounion »

I remember in the spring when Joe Memphis was already taking a pre-victory lap telling us how the American people weren’t “buying what you’re selling” and how we would be crushed in November. I kept making fun of him for counting those chickens before they hatched, and now he certainly looks a bit foolish at best.

I said there was a lot of football left to play, I knew from long experience how things can change in politics, I guess conservatives have no sense of history. I knew six months is an eternity in politics, and we still had the Trump hearings coming up which promised tone a fly in the ointment for the GOP.

Now let’s be clear: two months is also a long time, and anyone - like Joe - who tells you what will happen is full of shit, and I certainly won’t pretend like Joe will.

But right now I’d say that it’s the GOP that can’t sell anything. They’ve got what they wanted - a wildly extreme Supreme Court that did what the American people didn’t want - overturning Roe. They’ve given the Dems great reason to vote. Inflation is easing, and I just paid $2.99 a gallon for gas yesterday.

The lesson for guys like Joe is you should never take victory laps six months before an election.🤣🤣🤣
Libertas

Re: “The voter aren’t buying what you’re selling”

Post by Libertas »

They are putting election deniers in as Scty of State's.

They simply will NOT certify elections they lose from now on. And I will bet ANYONE ON HERE that our board cons will go along with that!

When I started telling people TWO YEARS ago nobody understood what I was talking about, but fortunately the DNC knew and have been preparing a team of lawyers ever since. Not saying they heard what i said, I was obviously not the only one saying it.
I sigh in your general direction.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Conservatives have stopped trying to convince the public to “buy what. They are selling” - they have decided to change things to their liking via force - whether it’s stealing elections, or invading the Capitol to overturn the election, or making unpopular changes via judicial fiat as in the Donna decision. They want to RULE -and they don’t care if the voters support them or not.
gounion

Post by gounion »

Gee if everything’s so bad with Biden, why aren’t the voters buying what you’re selling, Joe and Glenn?

All you have is running down Biden. You have no idea what to do about inflation. You’ll NEVER see a Republican Congress passing a budget that’s lower than the budget was the previous year.