The LGBTQ Rights Thread.

News and events of the day
ProfX

Re: The LGBTQ Rights Thread.

Post by ProfX »

Youngkin administration overhauls Virginia transgender student policies
https://www.virginiamercury.com/2022/09 ... -policies/

Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s administration quietly released a document Friday overhauling Virginia’s policy on the treatment of transgender students, citing “parental rights.”

The “Model Policies on the Privacy, Dignity, and Respect for all Students and Parents in Virginia’s Public Schools” published by the Virginia Department of Education will direct local school boards to adopt a slate of new policies for the treatment of transgender students that represent a sharp reversal from the stance the state took under former Gov. Ralph Northam and a Democrat-dominated legislature.

While Friday’s guidance notes that “schools should attempt to accommodate students with distinctive needs, including any student with a persistent and sincere belief that his or her gender differs from his or her sex,” it also emphasizes what it describes as parents’ “fundamental rights.”

The new policies require parental approval for any changes to students’ “names, nicknames, and/or pronouns,” direct schools to keep parents “informed about their children’s well-being,” specify that student participation in activities and athletics shall be based on sex and state that “students shall use bathrooms that correspond to his or her sex, except to the extent that federal law otherwise requires.”

“The First Amendment forbids government actors to require individuals to adhere to or adopt any particular ideological beliefs,” the new guidance reads. “Practices such as compelling others to use preferred pronouns is premised on the ideological belief that gender is a matter of personal choice or subjective experience, not sex. Many Virginians reject this belief.”

Furthermore, the policy continues, “the First Amendment guarantees religious freedom and prohibits compelling others to affirm ideas that may be contrary to their personal religious beliefs.”

[snip]

Del. Marcus Simon, D-Fairfax, one of the sponsors of the 2020 law, on Friday called the new policies “another cruel attempt on the part of the Youngkin administration to use these kids in their culture wars and to bully them to score political points.”

[snip][end]

Hmmm. So let's go through this.

While certainly one can acknowledge parental rights ... (K-12) students have rights, too (including to free expression on campus) and while it is true they don't acquire their full rights until 18 (or in some cases 21) .. it's not like they have none. So in effect, Youngkin said to students, you may want to play on a sports team, or use a bathroom, have pronouns respected, or you might want to conceal certain things from your parents because you are afraid of abuse, but, F U, you don't have those rights now.

Now, may I recommend checking out Reynolds vs. U.S. (1879)? What the gov't said in that case to the Mormon church while we can't compel beliefs, we can regulate practices. No the government cannot force Mormons to reject polygamy as part of their religious doctrine. Nor should it. BUT, it can enforce laws against bigamy, and not allow Mormons to PRACTICE it. Just like the government can't force you to believe the races are equal, but it can enforce civil rights law. "Religious freedom" cannot protect your right to discriminate or violate laws protecting minorities and others.

It's absolutely true if it's a religious belief of yours, the gov't can't force you not to hold it. But they CAN restrict your ability to ACT on that belief. (Again, without even getting into, is this REALLY a belief taught by your scripture or religion, or just a misinterpretation on your part? Some people believe their religion "tells" them the "races" should not intermarry.)

BTW, from a phenomenological point of view, all we have is subjective experience. :D But the thing is, I have a bunch of textbooks on gender, and none of them say it is (purely) a "personal choice." But it IS something shaped by socialization, cultural norms, and lived experience and of course how both you and people around you react to your biological sex. Again, what really irritates me is all Youngkin has to do is read a dictionary, not even a sociology textbook, to get the difference between gender and sex. One is socio-cultural, the other is (based on) biology. And no one denies that one is affected by the other. Thing is, what Youngkin seems to imply is that trans children are just engaging in some make-believe game, like all the (bogus) stories of children who supposedly now claim they are animals (and when you investigate these urban legends, they often evaporate). And that's him being unscientific.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:16 am Youngkin administration overhauls Virginia transgender student policies
https://www.virginiamercury.com/2022/09 ... -policies/

Republican Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s administration quietly released a document Friday overhauling Virginia’s policy on the treatment of transgender students, citing “parental rights.”

The “Model Policies on the Privacy, Dignity, and Respect for all Students and Parents in Virginia’s Public Schools” published by the Virginia Department of Education will direct local school boards to adopt a slate of new policies for the treatment of transgender students that represent a sharp reversal from the stance the state took under former Gov. Ralph Northam and a Democrat-dominated legislature.

While Friday’s guidance notes that “schools should attempt to accommodate students with distinctive needs, including any student with a persistent and sincere belief that his or her gender differs from his or her sex,” it also emphasizes what it describes as parents’ “fundamental rights.”

The new policies require parental approval for any changes to students’ “names, nicknames, and/or pronouns,” direct schools to keep parents “informed about their children’s well-being,” specify that student participation in activities and athletics shall be based on sex and state that “students shall use bathrooms that correspond to his or her sex, except to the extent that federal law otherwise requires.”

“The First Amendment forbids government actors to require individuals to adhere to or adopt any particular ideological beliefs,” the new guidance reads. “Practices such as compelling others to use preferred pronouns is premised on the ideological belief that gender is a matter of personal choice or subjective experience, not sex. Many Virginians reject this belief.”
See you in court, Glenn Youngkin.

The way to right wrongs is to
Shine the light of truth on them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:16 am Hmmm. So let's go through this.

While certainly one can acknowledge parental rights ... (K-12) students have rights, too (including to free expression on campus) and while it is true they don't acquire their full rights until 18 (or in some cases 21) .. it's not like they have none. So in effect, Youngkin said to students, you may want to play on a sports team, or use a bathroom, have pronouns respected, or you might want to conceal certain things from your parents because you are afraid of abuse, but, F U, you don't have those rights now.
Also: LGBTQ parents also have rights, and so do parents of LGBTQ school children. This kind of policy is designed to cancel out those rights.
Now, may I recommend checking out Reynolds vs. U.S. (1879)? What the gov't said in that case to the Mormon church while we can't compel beliefs, we can regulate practices. No the government cannot force Mormons to reject polygamy as part of their religious doctrine. Nor should it. BUT, it can enforce laws against bigamy, and not allow Mormons to PRACTICE it. Just like the government can't force you to believe the races are equal, but it can enforce civil rights law. "Religious freedom" cannot protect your right to discriminate or violate laws protecting minorities and others.

It's absolutely true if it's a religious belief of yours, the gov't can't force you not to hold it. But they CAN restrict your ability to ACT on that belief. (Again, without even getting into, is this REALLY a belief taught by your scripture or religion, or just a misinterpretation on your part? Some people believe their religion "tells" them the "races" should not intermarry.)

BTW, from a phenomenological point of view, all we have is subjective experience. :D But the thing is, I have a bunch of textbooks on gender, and none of them say it is (purely) a "personal choice."
You know, it's always interesting to watch these bigots demanding everyone else make the "personal choice" to believe in Jesus, or live according to conservative Christianity.

Or at least trying to coerce or compel others into doing so.

None of these people can point to a time in their conformist lives when they made a personal choice to be heterosexual or cisgender. :problem:

Their goal is using government to force their own personal faith choices on not just so-called minorities but really, everyone.
But it IS something shaped by socialization, cultural norms, and lived experience and of course how both you and people around you react to your biological sex. Again, what really irritates me is all Youngkin has to do is read a dictionary, not even a sociology textbook, to get the difference between gender and sex. One is socio-cultural, the other is (based on) biology. And no one denies that one is affected by the other. Thing is, what Youngkin seems to imply is that trans children are just engaging in some make-believe game, like all the (bogus) stories of children who supposedly now claim they are animals (and when you investigate these urban legends, they often evaporate). And that's him being unscientific.
Fact is, we're dealing with irrational people making laws. The irrationality in this case starts with assumptions like hetero is superior to homo, cis is superior to trans, male is superior to female. These are their beliefs. They are not facts.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

These cons just hate with a deep red hot hatred ANYONE who is not exactly like them. And even then you better not get caught saying or doing anything unique.

All of them, including those here, are like this.
I sigh in your general direction.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Drag Queen Story Hour Reads On - School Library Journal
Drag Queen Story Hour has faced opposition since it began. But over the last six months, objection has escalated to menacing, harassment, and threats. Proud Boys, some armed, showed up at events in California and Nevada, terrorizing kids, parents, performers, and library staff. Protestors have shouted vile accusations at readers, organizers, and those in attendance. Some events had to be canceled; others increased security measures. Performers have changed their routines for precautionary reasons. But one thing that hasn’t happened—drag performers aren’t quitting, and supporters haven’t been intimidated into abandoning the events.

“Oh, no, I think even more people want to join the program, and more people want to know how they can help,” says Jonathan Hamilt, executive director of Drag Queen Story Hour (DQSH), adding that this is nothing new for the performers. “A lot of people who aren't in the LGBTQ community don't realize that this adversity happens on a daily basis. You always have to watch your back and make sure you're safe constantly. This threat is not new to any queer person. It's just in the news right now, so people see it, but this is something that we can face every day, in or out of drag.”

This is of course not to say they aren’t impacted by the specific threats to DQSH, even in a place like New York City.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

‘Well f*ck’: Kiwi Farms users freak after owner says site hacked, emails may leak - Daily Dot
Trouble continues for the far-right message board Kiwi Farms. Over the weekend, the site posted a bleak notice that it’s been hacked, warning users to assume their data will leak.

Kiwi Farms faced a barrage of scrutiny in recent months over users targeting a transgender activist and popular Twitch streamer. The pressure campaign, first reported by the Daily Dot, led Cloudflare to drop the message board earlier this month.

Since then, Kiwi Farms has bounced from provider to provider in countries around the world.

Many anticipated that the site, which is notorious for facilitating doxing and swatting, would eventually be hacked.

Kiwi Farms now says these predictions have come true. As of Monday, a static page on the site alerts users that it’s been hacked and warns them to assume that their passwords have been stolen and emails and IP addresses leaked.

People quickly began speculating about what Kiwi Farms’ data will reveal in the event that it leaks.

“I wonder how many politicians, TERFs, and cops are signed up?” @EliErlick tweeted.
Some were reassured by Moon’s confidence that none of the data was lost. But overall the mood in the Kiwi Farms Telegram chat was a mix of panic, anger, and dismay.

“How does this shit just keep escalating in spite of everything?” wrote one. “What the fuck is going on?”

“Well fuck,” said another.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Classic victim-blaming on a mass scale.

I have seen conservative whites like this make similar claims about European Jews of the era. Federalist Society and Family Research Council propagandist Jesse Kelly does it here at the end of the quote, also.

Right-wing radio host blames LGBTQ “degeneracy” for the rise of Hitler - Media Matters
Jesse Kelly: “Traditional Germans who were proud of their country, they looked out, they looked across the street at the latest gay nightclub and they said, 'Find me whoever is going to stop that.' And they did.”

JESSE KELLY (HOST): Doctor Jesse. Not sure if you've covered this on your show before, but do you see any similarities between today's American-slash-Western civilization and Weimar Germany? My name is Ryan, says he's – I can feel free to say it.

Well, yes, because there's a part of Weimar or Weimar Germany that people don't know about. Most people don't know about. Here's what most people do know. Let's cover what most people do know. They know that in the wake of World War I, the whole world decided to blame it all on Germany. World War I was not Germany's fault. No, it's not that it's not Germany's fault – but everyone was at fault for World War I. There wasn't some good guy or bad guy in World War I. It was just a horrible affair. But because Germany lost, courtesy of Woodrow Wilson and others, they decided to dump all the blame on Germany. They not only put these horrific war reparations on them — "Hey, you need to pay us this much money," which was an absurd amount of money. They also took critical parts of their economy, parts of their country, and they took them away. So it would be like if you work construction, me telling you, "Hey, I expect you to pay me $100 a day and I'm cutting off your left arm. So not only do you owe me money, now, you can't work the way you worked." That was what it was like. People know that. And from that, they started mass printing of money. Not that that could happen here. From that, you got hyperinflation. And eventually, all of a sudden, this dirt ball named Adolf Hitler rose who hated Jews.

But people forget about something else that was a key part of the rise of the Nazis in Germany. People know what I just told you there. That's – most people know that the high points of history of the Weimar Republic.

Do you know that part of the Weimer Republic was social degeneracy Europe had never seen before? Do you know, the whole LGBTQ thing? Do you know, that was going wild in places like Berlin at this time? And do you know that there were so many Germans, Jew-hatred or not, so many Germans who were willing to accept anything to make that degeneracy stop? They wanted it stopped. This is actually part – I'm glad you brought this up. This is part of why I've been warning time and time and time again – not cheering for – warning.

There is a right-wing dictator of some kind coming. Please, God, don't let it be Hitler. But there is one coming. You guys can enjoy all this woop it up all you want with your pink feather boas on and put on the drag shows for little kids and turn teenage – cut the penises off of teenage boys all you want. Have a good time with your demonic degeneracy. There will be a response.

There will be a response because so many Americans, so many will not live in a country like that. I hear people talk all the time about the divide. We're too divided. We need to unite, divide. We don't need to unite at all. I'm not uniting with that. If you're putting on a drag show for children, if you have your son putting dollar bills in the thongs of men who are dancing, dressed up like prostitutes...

We're not uniting. Either we're going to separate as a country or I'm going to defeat you by any means necessary. But I'm not uniting with you, and you shouldn't unite with them either. We are separate. We are enemies. You want something opposite of what I want. And I'm glad you brought up the Weimar Republic. Because that was actually, it's one of the things they don't talk about. You talk to these useless historians because they don't want to bring up that stuff. They'll bring up the devaluation of the currency and they'll bring up the fact that people were angry at the Jews for owning the banks and then buying up property and that – they did – that was part of it.
This guy got kicked off of Twitter a long time ago and cried free speech to high heaven. :problem:

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by ProfX »

It's amazing how much he's echoing Hitler's own rhetoric, down to how he was "forced" into launching WW II because of WW I reparations, how both Jewish and gay "degeneracy" was destroying the Weimar Republic, with all that horrible Josephine Baker jazz and "degenerate" brutish art coming out from Jewish painters and filmmakers, ... he says he doesn't want another Hilter, but the Germans were "forced" into giving him power by putting a stop to all the "degeneracy" in Weimar. "Well, I don't want another Hitler, but we need him today" ... sheesh.
"Don't believe every quote attributed to people on the Internet" -- Abraham Lincoln :D
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Push back when pushed.

Virginia Students Protest Youngkin's School Transgender Policy - NBC Washington
Crowds of students walked out of Northern Virginia schools on Tuesday in protest of Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s proposed restrictions on transgender students’ rights.

Students streamed out of their classrooms to decry the model policies unveiled earlier this month. If adopted by school districts, the policies would require parental signoff on the use of any name or pronoun other than what's in a student's official record. They say participation in certain school programming and use of school facilities should be based on a student's biological sex, with modifications offered only to the extent required under federal law.

“We decided to hold these walkouts as kind of a way to ... disrupt schools and essentially have students be aware of what’s going on,” said Natasha Sanghvi, a high school senior and member of the Pride Liberation Project, which helped organize the resistance effort.
Good for her.
Sanghvi said the existing, more permissive state policies, which were adopted under former Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam's administration, had been powerful in helping students feel affirmed in their identities at school. The new ones made public earlier this month, she said, have the potential to harm “every single queer student in the state of Virginia.”

More than 90 schools were set to participate, including 59 in Northern Virginia, and thousands of students were expected to join the demonstrations.

Chopper4 footage showed crowds of students outside C.D. Hylton High School in Woodbridge, Colgan High School in Manassas, Kilmer Middle School in Vienna, Rachel Carson Middle School in Herndon and James W Robinson, Jr. Secondary School in Fairfax.
All these "Smokin' in the Boys Room," "We're Not Gonna Take It," "Another Brick in the Wall" GenX parents are suddenly cons, now. :problem:

Glad the kids are not taking this crap from these authoritarians.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

ProfX wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:22 pm It's amazing how much he's echoing Hitler's own rhetoric, down to how he was "forced" into launching WW II because of WW I reparations, how both Jewish and gay "degeneracy" was destroying the Weimar Republic, with all that horrible Josephine Baker jazz and "degenerate" brutish art coming out from Jewish painters and filmmakers, ... he says he doesn't want another Hilter, but the Germans were "forced" into giving him power by putting a stop to all the "degeneracy" in Weimar. "Well, I don't want another Hitler, but we need him today" ... sheesh.
Supremacists' are such fundamentally dishonest people. And their own destructive behavior is never their own doing.

It's always someone else's doing. What was she wearing, they run everything, they're the homicidal criminals so we better burn down their neighborhoods, they bring this on themselves. :?

Lol then they lecture everyone else about personal responsibility.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Glennfs wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:27 am https://apnews.com/article/transgender- ... b57ae266f7

Trans swimmers banned from competing. So why do you think they did this.
Was because they are transphobic No
Was it because they hate trans people No
Was it because they are opposed to trans people having rights No
They did so because male to female athletes have an unfair advantage

That iscl my opinion what is yours
One many reasons to live in California is that despite all the vicious, witch-hunting Fugitive Slave Law red staters here, it is a bit easier for LGBTQs to protect ourselves from men like you.
_________

Kyle Griffin
@kylegrifgin1

California Gov. Gavin Newsom has signed into law a bill to safeguard transgender youth and their families from out-of-state legal acton if they travel to California to receive gender-affirming health care.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 5040873474

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:33 pm One many reasons to live in California is that despite all the vicious, witch-hunting Fugitive Slave Law red staters here, it is a bit easier for LGBTQs to protect ourselves from men like you.
_________

Kyle Griffin
@kylegrifgin1

California Gov. Gavin Newsom has signed into law a bill to safeguard transgender youth and their families from out-of-state legal acton if they travel to California to receive gender-affirming health care.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status ... 5040873474
The party they vote for will outlaw the existence of Gay and Trans Americans if allowed back in power. They will be OK with that.

They are far more concerned about Trans and sports than the survival of human beings, democracy etc.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Who's the predators.

India Willoughby
@IndiaWilloughby

Saddo’s. Two prominent Gender Critical women - Julie Bindel and Jean Hatchet - follow Eddie Izzard to the toilet and take her pic.

Can you IMAGINE if a trans person behaved this way?

They then condemn the room full of women for being friendly to Eddie. Let Women Speak anybody?

[IMAGES from UK tabloid]

https://twitter.com/IndiaWilloughby/sta ... 4694374401

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 7:22 pm The party they vote for will outlaw the existence of Gay and Trans Americans if allowed back in power. They will be OK with that.

They are far more concerned about Trans and sports than the survival of human beings, democracy etc.
Control freaks whose own miserable lives and f'ed up families are out of control, threatened by .4% of the population, threatened by people they don't even know (or they don't think they do because who in their right mind would ever voluntarily come out to them as queer or trans? :?). :problem:

F. them.
Last edited by carmenjonze on Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Newsom signs LGBTQ family, education bills - Bay Area Reporter
Discrimination against LGBTQ foster families will be banned under Assembly Bill 2466, which was authored by lesbian Assemblymember Sabrina Cervantes (D-Corona). It explicitly prohibits an agency that places foster children from declining to place a child with a resource family because a resource family parent identifies as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or queer. It also scraps the usage of the phrase "hard-to-place children" in state codes.

"We must strive to instill this basic principle in foster care system: No child is too difficult to love or care for regardless of their race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression," Cervantes had tweeted in August after her bill was sent to Newsom's desk.

Death certificates will now need to list a decedents' parents without referring to the parents' gender because of AB 2436 co-authored by Cervantes and Assemblymember Rebecca Bauer-Kahan (D-Orinda). The change will benefit LGBTQ+ parents as they navigate estate proceedings and other matters following the death of a child. It builds on the law pushed by Bauer-Kahan last year that added nonbinary as a gender option on the forms.

The state's pharmacists and pharmacy technicians will need to undergo at least one hour of culturally competent training about the concerns of LGBTQ+ patients before receiving a license under AB 2194 authored by gay Assemblymember Chris Ward (D-San Diego).

AB 2315 by Assemblymember Dr. Joaquin Arambula (D-Fresno) requires the governing board of each community college district in California to implement a process by which students, staff, and faculty can declare an affirmed name, gender, or both name and gender identification to be used in records where legal names are not required by law. The community colleges need to be in compliance with AB 2315 commencing with the 2023-24 academic year.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Karine Jean-Pierre
@PressSec
United States government official

On #NationalComingOutDay, I'm proud to share my coming out story. Like so many in the LGBTQ+ community, coming out wasn’t an easy thing to do. My family was traditional and conservative. Being gay in my family wasn’t something that you mentioned out loud or celebrated.

But my family, like many families, grew to accept who I was. Who I loved didn’t change who I was as a person. It didn’t change the things I liked to do, and it didn’t change the goals I had for my life.

The beauty of America is its freedom and the promise that you can do anything you want regardless of your race, sex, country of origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

We cannot take this freedom for granted, which is why I'm so honored to serve @POTUS and @FLOTUS. They stand with all of us who have come out, are thinking about coming out, and will come out.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1579862410038759424

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:02 pm Karine Jean-Pierre
@PressSec
United States government official

On #NationalComingOutDay, I'm proud to share my coming out story. Like so many in the LGBTQ+ community, coming out wasn’t an easy thing to do. My family was traditional and conservative. Being gay in my family wasn’t something that you mentioned out loud or celebrated.

But my family, like many families, grew to accept who I was. Who I loved didn’t change who I was as a person. It didn’t change the things I liked to do, and it didn’t change the goals I had for my life.

The beauty of America is its freedom and the promise that you can do anything you want regardless of your race, sex, country of origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.

We cannot take this freedom for granted, which is why I'm so honored to serve @POTUS and @FLOTUS. They stand with all of us who have come out, are thinking about coming out, and will come out.

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/1579862410038759424
Yes.

My fear is the first ones they will come after are the Trans kids and the Gay folks. We have to figure out a way to protect each other from the coming violence from cons including those on this board.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:08 pm Yes.

My fear is the first ones they will come after are the Trans kids and the Gay folks.
They're already doing that.
We have to figure out a way to protect each other from the coming violence from cons including those on this board.
They are vicious and ruthless. Can't be trusted.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Last Week Tonight
@LastWeekTonight

Here’s last night’s story about transgender rights and, of course, what John has in common with a bearded dragon:

[VIDEO]

And, as we mentioned last night, a few key players who are fueling the anti-trans conversation also happen to appear in our piece on critical race theory.* What a coinkydink.

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/LastWeekTonight/sta ... 8210362369

* I've been noting this from the outset of the anti-CRT/'no trans girls on the sports team' mountain/molehill.

Conservative whites and their gender/sexuality supremacy issues are so dishonest. And a threat to this country's social stability. They intend to be. Don't let them.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by Libertas »

carmenjonze wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:14 pm Last Week Tonight
@LastWeekTonight

Here’s last night’s story about transgender rights and, of course, what John has in common with a bearded dragon:

[VIDEO]

And, as we mentioned last night, a few key players who are fueling the anti-trans conversation also happen to appear in our piece on critical race theory.* What a coinkydink.

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/LastWeekTonight/sta ... 8210362369

* I've been noting this from the outset of the anti-CRT/'no trans girls on the sports team' mountain/molehill.

Conservative whites and their gender/sexuality supremacy issues are so dishonest. And a threat to this country's social stability. They intend to be. Don't let them.
I mean a rightwing piece of shit managed to become a governor LYING about CRT...all of them are scum.
carmenjonze

Post by carmenjonze »

Libertas wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 6:49 pm I mean a rightwing piece of shit managed to become a governor LYING about CRT...all of them are scum.
The same propagandized cons whine about "test scores" and "class size". Then run to the PTA meeting to yell and scream about these stupid, nonexistent chimeras.

Anything to implement censorship, ban books, and deplete the public schools.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

"I have never been sexually assaulted at a drag show, but I have been in church...twice."

Read Jackson Rising by @CooperationJXN
@JoshuaPHilll

Worth one minute of your time to see this woman destroy an anti-lgbt group

[VIDEO]

https://twitter.com/JoshuaPHilll/status ... 2179987456

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

I would leave my god-kids with any drag artist I know, any time of day.

I would NEVER leave my god-kids with any conservative-Christian youth pastor, ever.

~ Ida B. Wells

Post by carmenjonze »

Denton bookstore hosts Transgender Storytime during Transgender Week of Awareness - Dallas News
Amber and Adam Briggle, who have a transgender teen son, helped coordinate the event at Patchouli Joe’s, which drew a small group of protesters.

Transgender rights, especially those of trans youth, have become increasingly politicized. This year, protesters demanding children be banned from drag shows and other LGBT-friendly events have shown up at all-ages gatherings across the state.
For the Briggles, the past year has been marked by some hardship. In February, Gov. Greg Abbott directed the Department of Family and Protective Services to investigate any reports of trans minors receiving gender-affirming medical treatments like puberty blockers or hormone therapy.

At least 11 families were targeted. The investigation into the Briggles has been closed, but the family is still among those suing the state over its policies for trans kids. So far they have won in court, convincing a judge to put the probes on hold for now. The Briggles know the fight will continue when lawmakers meet in January, however.

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick has promised to mirror Florida’s efforts to ban the discussion of gender and sexual orientation in elementary school classrooms, and Republican lawmakers have already filed bills to target gender-affirming care and and bans kids from drag shows.

Amid these policies, some transgender Texans have chosen to leave. But the Briggles said they will not be forced to become “internally displaced” people in their own country.

~ Ida B. Wells