RadioFreeLiberal.com

Smart Voices, Be Heard
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:15 pm 
Board Emeritus

If Roy Moore wins tomorrow and is seated in the US Senate, Al Franken will rescind his resignation. Even though it isn't two for Tuesday here is a second prediction. I predict Roy Moore loses tomorrow by double digits.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:23 pm 
Board Emeritus

A Fox News poll - yes, a Fox News poll - has Moore down by 10 points to Jones.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:28 pm 
Board Emeritus

Don't trust the Fox News poll. It's way off of other polls. The Fox news poll is designed to fire up the base and make dems feel over confident for less turnout.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:29 pm 
Board Emeritus

A Fox News poll - yes, a Fox News poll - has Moore down by 10 points to Jones.

My unscientific opinion came about when after giving him close to zero support the GOP tossed him a million which is chump change in a race like that and McConnell's gave his let the voters decide statement.

Both IMO were done to appease Moore voters into not sitting out the next election. Once internal polling showed he was going to lose no political sense in alienating the base anymore than you already have.

Next up, we will see if Jones represents the will of the people of Alabama, or the will of the DNC. Two things that many times will surely clash.

"within weeks of being rid of the likes of you, rid of every fucking one of you,we would begin to see what kind of country this ought to be" Ike Bana 6/14/18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:34 pm 
Board Emeritus

Don't trust the Fox News poll. It's way off of other polls. The Fox news poll is designed to fire up the base and make dems feel over confident for less turnout.

Good to see you Drak. Hope everything is OK with you and yours.

Yeah, you are correct, sir. The RCP average has Moore up by 2.2 points, which makes the Fox poll a crazy outlier.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epoll ... -6271.html

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:46 pm 
Board Emeritus

If Roy Moore wins tomorrow and is seated in the US Senate, Al Franken will rescind his resignation. Even though it isn't two for Tuesday here is a second prediction. I predict Roy Moore loses tomorrow by double digits.

I believe Moore will win. Conservatives put power before principle.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

I believe Moore will win. Conservatives put power before principle.

It's going to come down to which side gets their voters out to vote. With the voter suppression that's gone on in Alabama and the fact special elections tend to have lower voter turnouts than regular elections I think Moore will will by a couple of percentage points.

I'd like to see Jones win but there is a part of me who wants to see Moore win just to see the contortions McConnell and the rest of the GOP will do to deciding whether to seat him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:10 pm 
Board Emeritus

It's going to come down to which side gets their voters out to vote. With the voter suppression that's gone on in Alabama and the fact special elections tend to have lower voter turnouts than regular elections I think Moore will will by a couple of percentage points.

I'd like to see Jones win but there is a part of me who wants to see Moore win just to see the contortions McConnell and the rest of the GOP will do to deciding whether to seat him.

I predict that the Republicans WILL seat Moore. They'll have a little sturm and drang, then go on like nothing happened. They'll also say that the election is the same as a court finding him innocent.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:06 pm 
Board Emeritus

...the only interview moore has given is to a 12year old girl????

GTFOH.

too bad so sad merica.
at one time...oh nvrmnd.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:12 pm 
Board Emeritus

After the 2012 Fox news debacle where they had pumped up Republican where they thought they were going to win, Fox fired their pollster and hired two pollsters to work together to put out good polls. Their polls are pretty good, and they publish the inner details of the methods they use. 538 gives them an A rating.

The other polls who have been polling that race, most of them are pretty poor. Gravis being about the best of the lot.

That WBRC-TV/Strategy Research doesn't have a website, and their reports sound weird.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:45 pm 
Board Emeritus

I predict that the Republicans WILL seat Moore. They'll have a little sturm and drang, then go on like nothing happened. They'll also say that the election is the same as a court finding him innocent.

Agreed. They abandon their morals when it suits them.

"No one is so foolish as to choose war over peace. In peace sons bury their fathers, in war fathers bury their sons." - Herodotus

The new motto of the USA: Unum de multis. Out of one, many.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:15 am 
Board Emeritus

Jury's out until tomorrow night. I just hope African Americans aren't blamed if Doug Jones loses.

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:13 am 
Board Emeritus

Carmen, African Americans may be excused. I don't know if you saw the article in the Root a few days ago, Doug Jones ran an ad which the writer at the Root described as being raciest adjacent.

It was. :|

That ad was utterly tone deaf. Jones prosecuted those KKK murderers years ago and apparently he thinks that's enough to win the hearts and minds of black voters from that day going forward from now on.

He made a grave mistake, he's taking black voters for granted. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:33 am 
Board Emeritus

Wow, this warms my little heart.

Roy Moore’s Wife Says They Aren’t Anti-Semites: ‘One Of Our Attorneys Is A Jew’ (VIDEO)
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/roy-moo ... s-is-a-jew

I wondered why she was so "stand by your man".

Yeah, this couple deserves each other.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:01 am 
Board Emeritus

Carmen, African Americans may be excused. I don't know if you saw the article in the Root a few days ago, Doug Jones ran an ad which the writer at the Root described as being raciest adjacent.

It was. :|

That ad was utterly tone deaf. Jones prosecuted those KKK murderers years ago and apparently he thinks that's enough to win the hearts and minds of black voters from that day going forward from now on.

He made a grave mistake, he's taking black voters for granted. :(

Yes but my view is we know the stakes and a racist flyer can't hold a candle to that stupid bigot Roy Moore. Especially one of my demographics, which went 94% for HRC.

What prompted the comment, though, was the plethora of pieces handwringing about whether or not African Americans will turn the election.

I won't quote any of them, but ones like these

Report from Alabama: Can black voters sink Roy Moore? | Will Bunch - Philly Inquirer

Doug Jones needs black voters to beat Roy Moore in Alabama. They aren’t there yet. - NBC

Black voters are key to Democratic hopes in Alabama's Senate race. Will they turn out? - LA Times

To beat Roy Moore, black organizers need to get out the youth vote. Will it work? - Guardian

Doug Jones Is Counting On Black Voters. They Don't Sound Too Inspired. - HP

In Alabama Senate race, African-American Christians may hold the key - Religion News Service

There are more. I got tired of them. :/

Stop calling the cops on us.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:30 pm 
Board Emeritus

Location: Treasure Coast, Florida & Fairfield County, Connecticut

:arrow: Looks like there is a substantial turnout from what I could see this morning on the various news programs. But who these people are turning out for has yet to seen~

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:37 pm 
Board Emeritus

:arrow: Looks like there is a substantial turnout from what I could see this morning on the various news programs. But who these people are turning out for has yet to seen~

IIRC, the general rule of thumb is republicans turnout early in the day while Democrats tend to vote later in the day after work.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:44 pm 
Board Emeritus

I see a huge Bradley Effect in the making, but we'll just have to wait and see if I'm right. My thinking is that some people lied on the polls, and alone in the voting booth with no one looking, they'll pick the racist pedophile.

It does come down to gotv, which is no small order in AL, where they have done their damndest to rig the election. That's right, Glen, rig. Fix. Tank. That's what Republicans do, after all. Among other things, the state supreme court ruled that they don't have to keep a paper trail.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:38 pm 
Board Emeritus

Yes but my view is we know the stakes and a racist flyer can't hold a candle to that stupid bigot Roy Moore. Especially one of my demographics, which went 94% for HRC.

What prompted the comment, though, was the plethora of pieces handwringing about whether or not African Americans will turn the election.

I won't quote any of them, but ones like these

Report from Alabama: Can black voters sink Roy Moore? | Will Bunch - Philly Inquirer

Doug Jones needs black voters to beat Roy Moore in Alabama. They aren’t there yet. - NBC

Black voters are key to Democratic hopes in Alabama's Senate race. Will they turn out? - LA Times

To beat Roy Moore, black organizers need to get out the youth vote. Will it work? - Guardian

Doug Jones Is Counting On Black Voters. They Don't Sound Too Inspired. - HP

In Alabama Senate race, African-American Christians may hold the key - Religion News Service

There are more. I got tired of them. :/

Fuckin-A carmen. Vote green will ya? :roll: Like white greens aren't racist. Like white libertardians aren't racist. Like white Democrats aren't racist. Like my white liberal-ass Stevenson Democrat adoptive parents referring to the "schvartze" my whole childhood weren't racist. They didn't use the N-word so I'm anticipating they were maybe racist adjacent? Or maybe racist subadjacent? But one thing is for sure my parents were...less racist than Republicans of their day and monstrously less racist than Republicans of my day. Might fucking white of them, don'tcha think? And like everything else on earth racism happens on a fucking continuum that Sam apparently thinks you should ignore because Doug Jones is "tone deaf". "Racist adjacent", eh? That's good. But now we have racist subadjacent. Do I want to be adjacent or subadjacent? Y'know...like would I rather be in the basement than the sub-basement? I'm thinking racist subadjacent makes me a slightly less nauseating racist white guy and I'm confident, but not really sure. I'm obviously old, dazed and confused, perhaps that will provide me with being cut a little slack on the opinion page of The Root.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm 
Board Emeritus

Fuckin-A carmen. Vote green will ya? :roll: Like white greens aren't racist. Like white libertardians aren't racist. Like white Democrats aren't racist. Like my white liberal-ass Stevenson Democrat adoptive parents referring to the "schvartze" my whole childhood weren't racist. They didn't use the N-word so I'm anticipating they were maybe racist adjacent? Or maybe racist subadjacent? But one thing is for sure my parents were...less racist than Republicans of their day and monstrously less racist than Republicans of my day. Might fucking white of them, don'tcha think? And like everything else on earth racism happens on a fucking continuum that Sam apparently thinks you should ignore because Doug Jones is "tone deaf". "Racist adjacent", eh? That's good. But now we have racist subadjacent. Do I want to be adjacent or subadjacent? Y'know...like would I rather be in the basement than the sub-basement? I'm thinking racist subadjacent makes me a slightly less nauseating racist white guy and I'm confident, but not really sure. I'm obviously old, dazed and confused, perhaps that will provide me with being cut a little slack on the opinion page of The Root.

"And like everything else on earth racism happens on a fucking continuum that Sam apparently thinks you should ignore because Doug Jones is "tone deaf"."???

You moved what I said to a completely different context and cut loose with a mighty rant. :(

"Raciest adjacent" is a phrase which places something upon a continuum instead of forcing it to the end point of regarding it as racest. It's a phrase which creates a mid point so shades of gray in the middle can exist.

What I said related something which has happened, it's factual, and the opinion at the Root doesn't exist in a vacuum. My statements were not a diatribe suggesting what ought to influence an outcome, they were an explanation of a reality of this election.

For crying out loud I want Doug Jones to win. However I'm not going to shame and blame African American voters if he doesn't win. :|

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:39 pm 
Board Emeritus

Wow, this warms my little heart.

Roy Moore’s Wife Says They Aren’t Anti-Semites: ‘One Of Our Attorneys Is A Jew’ (VIDEO)
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/roy-moo ... s-is-a-jew

I wondered why she was so "stand by your man".

Yeah, this couple deserves each other.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:49 pm 
Board Emeritus

For crying out loud I want Doug Jones to win. However I'm not going to shame and blame African American voters if he doesn't win. :|

And the part that African American voters played in the election of Donald Trump? What are you going to do with that? Shame and blame is shame and blame...facts are facts.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:18 pm 
Board Emeritus

And the part that African American voters played in the election of Donald Trump? What are you going to do with that? Shame and blame is shame and blame...facts are facts.

:roll: :? :waiting: :problem: :|

That answers your questions.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:11 am 
Board Emeritus

Moore lost by a single digit (1%). You were partially correct but off by the amount by 90%. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:32 am 
Board Emeritus

:roll: :? :waiting: :problem: :|

That answers your questions.

There was only one question, and so many emojis. :lol: